Best stress relief resort?

my vote is for animal
Kingdom lodge Kidani.

We had a Savannah view, I’ll never forget it.

Having tea on that balcony , eating zebra domes. Truly relaxing and magical.

Also loved the pool at kidani. Not a hectic vibe.

Two weeks! I am envious! I would probably do a split stay between 2 or 3 different resorts. I think the recommendations that you are going to get are going to be highly biased. We find different things relaxing and enjoying and will recommend our favorite. I have only stayed at 2 resorts, AofA Little Mermaid and WL. I recommend WL. I like nature and a balcony and find that the Lodge is a nice reprieve from the noise of the parks. I avoid main pools and pool view rooms for that reason. With the amount of time that you have you can stay anywhere you want and spend time every day exploring other resorts and enjoying all the quiet little nook and crannies. I would like to try CBR and OKW, but my dream would be a Tree House Villa or a Copper Creek Cabin. Good luck making your decision! I hope you have a relaxing vacation!

It depends on what your actually looking for, for generally not crazy resorts I love Riviera and Wilderness lodge, the monorail resorts can be very busy with all the foot traffic.

If we expand beyond Disney owned then the four seasons...I'm kind of a broken record always talking this place up but we do not even go to the parks when we stay there.

Thank you all for your thoughts, it has been much appreciated. Also hope that it helps with other peoples decisions on where to stay.
It was a very subjective question, and is nice to see quite a bit of variation in the replies.
Decided to go POP on the resort as was over 1000 more for the moderates. And have the budget to splurge premium economy flights and on the nicer activities over the two weeks. Plus can always visit the other resorts and explore.
Was able to request top floor and building 4 or 5 over the phone so hopefully if fulfilled will be close to the skyliner, being standard view should not be facing the pool so covers the quieter side as well for going back to bed after the 7am planning.

Thank you all for your thoughts, it has been much appreciated. Also hope that it helps with other peoples decisions on where to stay.
It was a very subjective question, and is nice to see quite a bit of variation in the replies.
Decided to go POP on the resort as was over 1000 more for the moderates. And have the budget to splurge premium economy flights and on the nicer activities over the two weeks. Plus can always visit the other resorts and explore.
Was able to request top floor and building 4 or 5 over the phone so hopefully if fulfilled will be close to the skyliner, being standard view should not be facing the pool so covers the quieter side as well for going back to bed after the 7am planning.
This sounds like a really good plan! I hope you have a great trip!

Pop Century is my favorite value and my DH and I found it relaxing when we went in 2018. I would definitely check out AKL and WL on your trip. AKL is my favorite WDW resort and has what I consider to be the best food on property (Jiko), plus just being able to look at all of the art that the resort showcases is fascinating. WL is beautiful and you can find some "secret" (really I just mean less crowded lol) spots to sit and relax. Have a wonderful trip!

I was wondering if you have gone on your trip yet and can report back on POP with the standard view on the quieter side of the building being less chaotic? I'm in the same boat where I am looking for a quieter resort - I was going to do POFQ but the cost difference is hurting quite a bit and am not sure I can afford it for my full trip. I just booked POP but am really banking on being able to find a quiet corner in the resort.

Hello,

I was wondering what people would recommend as the most ideal resort to stay at for keeping stress at a minimal level?

Most would probably go straight with one of the deluxes, and on paper would agree but when looking deeper into it, might not always be the case.
As each resort has its own pluses and minuses either value, moderate or deluxe. So was curious as to what thoughts are when considering the calm.

My next trip is a solo one, no car, two weeks. but feel free to mention if group/car considerations are worthwhile as others may take them into account

Thank you for any ideas.
Port Orleans Riverside 100%

For me, low stress would be OKW. Individual buildings grouped in a quiet setting, far enough from the hustle and bustle of the parks. With quiet pools ,and many golf course views, it tends to be the least "busy" of the resorts.

I was wondering if you have gone on your trip yet and can report back on POP with the standard view on the quieter side of the building being less chaotic? I'm in the same boat where I am looking for a quieter resort - I was going to do POFQ but the cost difference is hurting quite a bit and am not sure I can afford it for my full trip. I just booked POP but am really banking on being able to find a quiet corner in the resort.
Afraid not yet. Have only just reached my dining booking window, so couple of months left to go.

Going with just trying to get the quietest, most seem to recommend building 2 or 7 and lake view, for the simple idea that being the furthest buildings have the furthest to walk and thus the least amount of traffic, and the lake view avoids the car park/side road traffic. (My first POP stay so cant say this from personal recommendation). But looking at the map may want to consider the location of the smoking areas depending on own preferrence.

My situation has improved over the last few months so not as big a deal now. but in and out of hospital has wiped out my stamina at the moment, so the long walk to those buildings after being in the parks would likely kill me >.<.
This gave the the choice of the central buildings. With EPCOT currently planned for most visited, went for 4 and 5 to be closest to skyliner. The pool side of these is a big nope, too much noise and not a pool person anyways, plus I believe are the preferred rooms. An old map found puts the lake side as standard but it is from way pre-skyliner days.
This would just leave the general noise things that can happen at any resort.

POFQ was £1400 extra for me last time I asked, as wanted to keep my booked deal. which being room based rather than number of people based works out quite reasonable for me as a solo traveller giving me approx. $700 in gift cards. Going moderate would have made that card a bit more but not enough to counter the increase.
CSR in the Casitas was one place did want to try. and did have booked for 2021 and it was cheaper than this POP trip....grumble grumble grumble.... but naturally had to cancel that one due to the silly bug.
But judging from the replies in general, the high end mods and deluxes are where its at and alas is not something I will ever be able to afford. Though without the booked deal, DVC rental is starting to look comparibly viable.
Alas the lottery keeps giving me the wrong ticket.

Afraid not yet. Have only just reached my dining booking window, so couple of months left to go.

Going with just trying to get the quietest, most seem to recommend building 2 or 7 and lake view, for the simple idea that being the furthest buildings have the furthest to walk and thus the least amount of traffic, and the lake view avoids the car park/side road traffic. (My first POP stay so cant say this from personal recommendation). But looking at the map may want to consider the location of the smoking areas depending on own preferrence.

My situation has improved over the last few months so not as big a deal now. but in and out of hospital has wiped out my stamina at the moment, so the long walk to those buildings after being in the parks would likely kill me >.<.
This gave the the choice of the central buildings. With EPCOT currently planned for most visited, went for 4 and 5 to be closest to skyliner. The pool side of these is a big nope, too much noise and not a pool person anyways, plus I believe are the preferred rooms. An old map found puts the lake side as standard but it is from way pre-skyliner days.
This would just leave the general noise things that can happen at any resort.

POFQ was £1400 extra for me last time I asked, as wanted to keep my booked deal. which being room based rather than number of people based works out quite reasonable for me as a solo traveller giving me approx. $700 in gift cards. Going moderate would have made that card a bit more but not enough to counter the increase.
CSR in the Casitas was one place did want to try. and did have booked for 2021 and it was cheaper than this POP trip....grumble grumble grumble.... but naturally had to cancel that one due to the silly bug.
But judging from the replies in general, the high end mods and deluxes are where its at and alas is not something I will ever be able to afford. Though without the booked deal, DVC rental is starting to look comparibly viable.
Alas the lottery keeps giving me the wrong ticket.
My sympathies for the lotto ticket! Funnily, the same thing seems to be happening to me ;) Like you, I’m getting close financially to being able to afford a mod, but when looking at overall price for the trip with POFQ it was just a little too high. I put in a request for 50s building 3 lakeside top floor on advice from someone in another thread. Touring plans show that area as standard and the view looks like it would be peaceful. I also think most water views are going to be much calmer.

If you think about posting again after your trip, I’d love to hear experiences from someone else staying at POP needing more quiet!

We have stayed at a lot of the resorts and can honestly say that we did not find any of them stressful. With that said, I would pick AKL and WL from the deluxe category. The others can get very busy with visitors etc. For Mod's we found a river view at POFQ to be very quiet and serene. Even at values you can request some areas that are quiet like at POP rooms facing the lake.

My husband and I recently returned from a 8 night stay in a standard room at Pop Century and I did not find it a stressful stay at all. I have had many many stays at Pop and found all my room locations quiet. This last room was on the fourth floor of building 4 facing the lake. It was a non connecting room.I always request non connecting and if you go to the Pop Century thread @ scrappinontario has excellent information on non connecting room locations and other helpful information It is possible to have a budget friendly stress free and pretty quiet vacation at Pop. I do it all the time. Oh and my last room location was only 4 to 6 minutes from room to skyliner or room to food court. I timed them. It depended on the elevator quickness. And I am not a fast walker. As you can tell I love Pop Century. It's my favorite Disney resort.

My sympathies for the lotto ticket! Funnily, the same thing seems to be happening to me ;) Like you, I’m getting close financially to being able to afford a mod, but when looking at overall price for the trip with POFQ it was just a little too high. I put in a request for 50s building 3 lakeside top floor on advice from someone in another thread. Touring plans show that area as standard and the view looks like it would be peaceful. I also think most water views are going to be much calmer.

If you think about posting again after your trip, I’d love to hear experiences from someone else staying at POP needing more quiet!
Thought would give a quick reply, thinking of doing a trip report thread but see how it all goes.

Checked in last night, approx. 7pm, Was given fourth floor of building 5 on the skyliner arm facing the lake. At that time the main pool music was still going and then they had Hercules for the movie.
Was able to unpack suitcase with tv off and couldnt hear anything, so two thumbs up on room location. Check-in did say they were 100% so no swapsies and glad got both requests fulfilled.
Going forward anything else likely to just be the usual stuff might get from any resort.

The room itself only a couple of Earl Grey tea bags!!!! (Not a coffee drinker but those are also slim pickings, seems like was not fully restocked at cleaning)

Last WDW trip was 2022 at height of the cleaning so the little missed bits this time do stand out, plus the remote no longer being bagged. 5/10. Losing points for cleanliness (extra double for the bathroom miss), the remote petri dish, and the hot drink stock. But nothing major, resolved with a quick wipe down once no longer jet lag zombified, Still happy overall.

Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas are peaceful as are the cabins at Fort Wilderness. As others have said Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge are good choices. I can make near about any resort as peaceful or stressful as I want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter