Best stress relief resort?

It may just be me, but "Stormalong Bay" and "chill out" do not go together. There is way too much going on at all of the Epcot resorts,
It may just be me, but "Stormalong Bay" and "chill out" do not go together. There is way too much going on at all of the Epcot resorts, IMO.

Storm Along Bay is off to the side. Easily avoided. More in front of Yacht Club. What’s going on too much at the Epcot resorts? Have you ever strolled along the Boardwalk in the early a.m.? Nothing happening.
Want a pool? There is the other pool that is quiet, DVC pool which is quiet both with quiet hot tubs. Chill out at Yacht Club lounge at night. Try the BC DVC lobby with a coffee. The music says it all. Idk what’s more chill than new age acoustic steel guitar. If you can’t chill there idk if staying on property is going to achieve chill… IMO

Last edited:
WL is the most relaxing hotel for me. So peaceful and yet it’s got nice indoor hallways and easy dining options. Idk about 2 weeks there though. Personally I’d do a YC/WL split as YC is the most relaxing of the EP area resorts. That would allow boat or walking access to EP/DHS. I like IG entry to EP as I find that a much more relaxing way to start a day at EP. At YC I like to hang at the quiet pool, it has its own hot tub and NONE of the chaos of SAB. It tends to be very quiet as everyone wants SAB.

I would do a studio vila at AKL Kadini, WL or SSR.

A studio will give you some living space as you won't need to convert the couch and as well as a small kitchenette as well as a balcony. For me esp on a solo trip, coffee on the balcony in the am and maybe a "beverage" in the evening.

AKL is very relaxing! From sitting by the fire in the lobby to waking up to see animals outside your room. So much to see all over the resort. I highly recommend a Savannah View room. Boma and Jiko food is so good!

Hello,

I was wondering what people would recommend as the most ideal resort to stay at for keeping stress at a minimal level?

Most would probably go straight with one of the deluxes, and on paper would agree but when looking deeper into it, might not always be the case.
As each resort has its own pluses and minuses either value, moderate or deluxe. So was curious as to what thoughts are when considering the calm.

My next trip is a solo one, no car, two weeks. but feel free to mention if group/car considerations are worthwhile as others may take them into account

Thank you for any ideas.
Just wanted to suggest a split stay. We stay two weeks every summer and love the change of scenery after the 1st week. Feels almost like a second trip. Are you planning on doing parks or is this a resort only stay?

$$$$: GF, theme park view. Gorgeous resort, spacious room, watch the fireworks from your balcony every night, great choice of restaurants

$$$: AKL, savanna view. Watch the animals from your balcony, lovely room, amazing lobby, excellent restaurants, and an extremely short bus ride to DAK, my favorite park--and maybe it's yours too. If Epcot or DHS is your favorite park, then BC or YC, you pick.

$$: POFQ, river view (or garden view). Beautiful grounds, ability to walk to POR, boat to DS and POR, beignets, buses usually not shared (except occasionally with POR), pretty good QS, and compact size.

Wilderness or Animal Kingdom Lodge. You can't beat the quiet pool at Wilderness.

It’s very subjective. For me, I find being around water very relaxing, so AKL is one of my least relaxing resorts.

I have an AP, but sometimes, when I just want a relaxing weekend, I will book a weekend at either Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness. They are both set away from the parks, and have quiet places to just relax. I like to find one of the little seating areas on the upper floors overlooking the WL lobby, and just chill for a while.

If I want a moderate, I usually choose POFQ. There are several places with benches to just sit and enjoy the grounds (One of my favorites is by the outdoor fountains).

For values, I find if I request the buildings farthest from the lobby, I can find peace and relax. There are several benches at Pop that look out over Hourglass Lake and are kind of out of the way.

Like others said, it depends on what stresses you and what relaxes you. I will say that some of the noisiest hotel rooms I have had were in deluxes, because it really depends on who is in the neighboring rooms more than anything else.

Hello,

I was wondering what people would recommend as the most ideal resort to stay at for keeping stress at a minimal level?

Most would probably go straight with one of the deluxes, and on paper would agree but when looking deeper into it, might not always be the case.
As each resort has its own pluses and minuses either value, moderate or deluxe. So was curious as to what thoughts are when considering the calm.

My next trip is a solo one, no car, two weeks. but feel free to mention if group/car considerations are worthwhile as others may take them into account

Thank you for any ideas.
I would also run to suggest a deluxe resort, but if you're wanting to go moderate, I would suggest Coronado Springs, Main Tower. It is a gorgeous resort. Great views from the tower, and lots of activities around the resort.

If the wilderness doesn't scare you, I would also suggest Fort Wilderness in a cabin. Nothing is as serene to me as the woods, but each person has his or her own opinion :).

If you want to go deluxe, I've found that the most relaxing resort is a tie between Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge. There is something about sitting on the balcony, looking at the water, hanging out by Geyser Point, walking around Lodge. For the Polynesian, I find it to have the quietest "grounds" if you will.

Happy planning!

My vote would go to the Riviera. It is such a beautiful resort, transportation is easy (if the sky liner isn’t down) and the rooms are very nice. A close second would be for the Wilderness Lodge. I do think WL gets more traffic than the Riviera and the WL pools seem to be more crowded. But it is tucked away and beautiful.

Last edited:
Storm Along Bay is off to the side. Easily avoided. More in front of Yacht Club. What’s going on too much at the Epcot resorts? Have you ever strolled along the Boardwalk in the early a.m.? Nothing happening.
Want a pool? There is the other pool that is quiet, DVC pool which is quiet both with quiet hot tubs. Chill out at Yacht Club lounge at night. Try the BC DVC lobby with a coffee. The music says it all. Idk what’s more chill than new age acoustic steel guitar. If you can’t chill there idk if staying on property is going to achieve chill… IMO
You obviously love the Beach Club, but SAB is not easily avoided. It is literally front and center to the BC and the YC on Crescent Lake. There is no way to avoid it while going to Epcot or DHS or over to the Boardwalk. And yes, I've seen the Boardwalk at all hours. We especially enjoy getting a Boardwalk View over at BWV because the quiet mornings *and* the activity of rest of the day. But then again, any resort is quiet in the early a.m. so I guess I'm missing your point other than you love the BC. Which is cool.

Thank you all for the ideas so far.

I thought of asking as have recently had a medical diagnosis that can be aggravated by stress, so am still in that learning stage of how much can take before should stop. As such was why was not too specific in the personal requirements.

Have found the joys of resort hopping, and going over early prior to a dinner and trying the specific drink options.
But actually staying at a resort, have been values, pofq and AoA Lion King suite (with a weekend room lock in for Irma >.<).

The last trip I had (January 2022) had some great times,
Very lucky on the safari, just need a good shot of the cheetahs to complete the photo album, drivers keep speeding up here boo! and the relaxing drawing lessons.
Favorite dinners at Maya Grill (prior just taking a quiet stroll along the massive covention centre corridor and being the only one there ^^ was nice in the cold January evening), and Kona.
And a last day treat to a nice piece of art from the EPCOT festival.
But had issues with the ASMu room with mosquitos all over the place including squished ones on the pillows, eventually got moved but was to one that was much noisier with neighbours.
Had a couple get in Frozen boat with me despite the CM screaming one party per row, who then proceeded to remove mask and cough all the way round. Got pinged after return to UK, thankfully not before the flight.
And the big self inflicted one of deciding to wait in excess of an hour in the bedroom section of Peter Pan standby queue......

The AKL value studios have caught my eye, but so has the normal booking offers allowing to splurge on more things to do, So probably a couple more days to decide with balancing the numbers,

In general I think moderates are more peaceful, quiet and relaxing than the deluxe resorts. They are more spread out with fewer places for crowds to congregate (with exceptions for the main quick service and feature pools which are always busy everywhere) and you don’t have a lot of people just passing through or visiting restaurants etc.

We’ve stayed at CBR and it feels like hardly anyone is there even when they are fully booked. The quiet pools are often empty or have just a few people.
I agree and enjoy Port Orleans Riverside for this reason. Beautiful, relaxing peaceful walks here and I also enjoy the boat ride to Disney Springs.

WL is the most relaxing hotel for me. So peaceful and yet it’s got nice indoor hallways and easy dining options. Idk about 2 weeks there though. Personally I’d do a YC/WL split as YC is the most relaxing of the EP area resorts. That would allow boat or walking access to EP/DHS. I like IG entry to EP as I find that a much more relaxing way to start a day at EP. At YC I like to hang at the quiet pool, it has its own hot tub and NONE of the chaos of SAB. It tends to be very quiet as everyone wants SAB.
Completely agree. Wilderness Lodge was so peaceful and relaxing. The BR pool was never crowded and easy to find seats. Loved our first stay there.

POFQ is my pick for relaxing. :goodvibes
Relaxing jazzy music and so easy to walk around.
Boat to DS. Visit Riverside.
Not crowded with people stopping by like the popular deluxes.

You obviously love the Beach Club, but SAB is not easily avoided. It is literally front and center to the BC and the YC on Crescent Lake. There is no way to avoid it while going to Epcot or DHS or over to the Boardwalk. And yes, I've seen the Boardwalk at all hours. We especially enjoy getting a Boardwalk View over at BWV because the quiet mornings *and* the activity of rest of the day. But then again, any resort is quiet in the early a.m. so I guess I'm missing your point other than you love the BC. Which is cool.
That is incorrect. When you say front and center, you mean back and to the right because you are not seeing from the perspective of staying at the Beach Club. If you walk through the front of the beach club lobby and out the other side, you can’t even see Storm Along. It’s actually a pain to get to from the Beach Club. If you stay in a room east of the lobby ( most rooms are) you will be even further.Take a left and you are on your way to Epcot. No way is it on the way to Epcot. It is very easy to avoid. I’ve stayed there and without intention, did not see Storm Along the entire trip.

Knock knock. Who’s there? Storm Along Bay. No it’s not because I’m staying at the Beach Club.

Riddle: What has blue water and is outside of the back of Beach Club? Not Storm Along Bay.

I love many resorts. It’s just about being correct. You can do Google street view to prove it. It’s a fact.

My point with Boardwalk being quiet is that you said it is not a quiet area. It was not meant to be relative to any other resort. But that’s cool if you don’t like the Beach Club. I just didn’t want you to dislike it for the incorrect reasons that you gave.

Last edited:
I would defintely pick one of the DVC studios. For me I need a sofa in order to relax so that would be a must. Sitting on hard chairs and/or beds day after day doesn't sound relaxing. I would choose OKW or SSR. They are very chill resorts plus you have the proximity to Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter