• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

All standard rooms are located 5th floor and lower.

Rooms on these lower floors there are mostly standard view but also some lake view rooms.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...nks-last-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/

Edit: just found the post with the rooms and categories
Just as an FYI - I was assigned 7418 last year and was booked as a Theme Park view studio. That's 4th floor.

I just sent DVC an email asking for a refund of my points since that should have been a standard view room. I'll let you know what they say. It would be nice if we could get clarification from DVC which rooms are categorized as what.

Just as an FYI - I was assigned 7418 last year and was booked as a Theme Park view studio. That's 4th floor.

I just sent DVC an email asking for a refund of my points since that should have been a standard view room. I'll let you know what they say. It would be nice if we could get clarification from DVC which rooms are categorized as what.
That chart is only the best guess of what the room categories are. Unfortunately DVC has never been willing to share what actually is what. That of course allows the room assignors leeway - really inappopriately but that's all we've got since it opened.
On my 1st stay at BLT I got 7428 as Theme Park view. That actually wasn't the worst part though. It was back when they hadn't installed any sheer curtains and anyone on the north side of the walkway between CR and BLT could see right into the room. I like to think my letter of complaint to DVC helped encourage them to install the sheers. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
They used to but even then if one goes down it would likely be replaced with one that didn't. Unfortunately you can't count on being able to freeze things.

I hate that DVC has gone that route. :(
I feel like, lower floors barely with a view should all be standard. If I book a lake view you give me 3rd floor...uhh yeah I'm gonna ask to switch please!

I just booked a resort in Hawaii and the entire resort every single room has an oceanview and it is so lovely! The difference is standard oceanview or premium oceanview. It clearly states that all premium oceanview are on the top floor on the resort, which is 6th floor. I love that, so you know exactly what you're paying for.

Hi all

new BLT DVC purchaser here too, itching to use my points next year. The thing is that we will be visiting in August 24, does it look likely that the refurb won’t have been completed by then based on how they are going elsewhere? Does anyone have any insight on when we might get more info on this?

thanks!

As @KAT4DISNEY points out, Disney doesn't officially announce room categories for each room.

If I remember correctly, all rooms in the front were classified as theme park view rooms when BLT first opened. Originally, it was 70% LV, 20% TPV, and 10% SV.

I believe it was somewhere in the 2011-2013 time frame, they reclassified several rooms from TPV to SV. At the same time they adjusted point charts.

Unfortunately, the room classifications at BLT have and will continue to be a difficult problem. We had TPV one time before the reclassification. After that, we decided to book SV and LVs. Ironically, we had 3 SV rooms (2BR and two studios) for a family trip in 2022 where all three had better views of MK than we remember in our TPV room back in 2010.

Lakeview could be a low as 2nd floor. I wouldn't be completely surprised if on some days they use the 1st floor on the side that faces the marina although 1st floor should be standard view.
Thanks Kat. Hopefully my request will come through. Loved the room we had last time. I can't remember which floor but it was near the top and close to the elevators on the tower side of the building.

I did hear back from DVC (super quick response - I was very surprised!) and you were all correct - they do not release what rooms are classified as which view. Interestingly enough, they did send me a room view photo from a third party site (TP) to show that yes, you can see the Theme Park from that balcony.

I did hear back from DVC (super quick response - I was very surprised!) and you were all correct - they do not release what rooms are classified as which view. Interestingly enough, they did send me a room view photo from a third party site (TP) to show that yes, you can see the Theme Park from that balcony.
Really? They use Touring Plans too? :rotfl:

Really? They use Touring Plans too? :rotfl:
I feel like @lentesta would like to hear about this :D

Shipping to BLT question. I need to ship a baby item from Amazon ahead of my trip. Will the package be held by the front desk at BLT or sent to the Contemporary business center? I know there is a $6 fee but the biz center seems like a super far walk I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hassle or not.

We had a package shipped last month while staying at BLT and it did go to the Convention Center. It honestly was an easy pickup but you did have to walk over there. If it makes you feel any better, the charge was only $5, not $6. :)

December can't come soon enough! I'm really hoping they give us some renderings of what the renovations will look like. I feel like the VDH design is VERY "contemporary" and I absolutely LOVE it. I hope we see something similar in quality and not those godawful Incredibles-themed rooms at the Contemporary.
Don't hold your breath. They didn't show any renderings before the BCV or BWV refurbs (or before the SSR or OKW refurbs, either). The BRV refurbs are the only ones I can remember seeing renderings of before they opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter