*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

I called. Getting through to the Front Desk is like trying to see the Pope. General number said they don’t see any closures. We shall see.

Am I allowed to use CR’s pool?

BLT’s spash pad is down.

I find the options to use TOTW confusing. Listening in on convo and concierge was trying to explain reservations vs. walk up vs. going in 30 minutes before fireworks and being allowed on observation deck.

BLT’s spash pad is down.

I find the options to use TOTW confusing. Listening in on convo and concierge was trying to explain reservations vs. walk up vs. going in 30 minutes before fireworks and being allowed on observation deck.
We showed up about an hour before the fireworks. Showed our proof of membership and they sent us up.

BLT’s spash pad is down.

We haven't tried since they started the parties or dining or whatever since there were reports of not being able to get up there. I'd bet we're not the only one's so then attendance could be going down and then Disney blames such and such like DVC members are cheap or who knows what when really they've just over-complicated things.

Screenshot_20230817-020852~2.png

Family is considering MK studio versus a variation of all types of one bedroom for a Sept 2024 stay for roughly 5 nights. We are debating how much points to sink and have never done theme park view and never stood in one bedroom category anywhere. We will be a family of 4 with a one year old and four year old daughters. Should we do that studio for the view and save points for maybe a one bedroom on the back half of our trip elsewhere or go for it here? Probably finishing our trip at poly, wilderness lodge, or BWV but just wanted to spend 275-350 points. We are always happy to bank some.

Originally I was going to do a 10 day trip of all one bedrooms to give us the kitchen for the one year old and a room to let her have peace while the other acts crazy but not sure the point cost is worth it when they are small anyway and we got by with studios our whole life. I was tempted with a standard one bedroom as the jump in cost is not too bad but never had that special view. Want to hear others thoughts and thank you!

I can’t speak to the theme park view at BLT but I can speak to the 1BR lake view. I personally think it’s a good point value considering it’s 1 of 2 locations where the 1BR has 2 full bathrooms (the other being Kidani). I will say the pull out couch is a bit uncomfortable for adults and we’re looking forward the the refurb and hopefully Murphy beds. Kids should be fine on the pullout couch.

The public outdoor space bewteeen CR and BLT has a decent view for fireworks.

I love the 1BR at BLT.

View attachment 785838

Family is considering MK studio versus a variation of all types of one bedroom for a Sept 2024 stay for roughly 5 nights. We are debating how much points to sink and have never done theme park view and never stood in one bedroom category anywhere. We will be a family of 4 with a one year old and four year old daughters. Should we do that studio for the view and save points for maybe a one bedroom on the back half of our trip elsewhere or go for it here? Probably finishing our trip at poly, wilderness lodge, or BWV but just wanted to spend 275-350 points. We are always happy to bank some.

Originally I was going to do a 10 day trip of all one bedrooms to give us the kitchen for the one year old and a room to let her have peace while the other acts crazy but not sure the point cost is worth it when they are small anyway and we got by with studios our whole life. I was tempted with a standard one bedroom as the jump in cost is not too bad but never had that special view. Want to hear others thoughts and thank you!
Disclaimer up front, not looking to make the decision for you. Will share some of our recent experiences as food for thought.

We stayed at Bay Lake for the first time during COVID. Had points to use or loose from another DVC resort. Booked a theme park view 1 or 2 bedroom and loved it! Loved it so much that we bought BLT DVC points. Lots of +'s and -'s but the magic for us was:

1) Closeness to MK - You have little ones which we also did at one time. Makes it super convenient to come back mid day for naps, break, etc. In fact you can come back a couple of times during the day if there a emergencies for the little ones.
2) Theme park views at night - This is one of the things I like best. If kiddos go to bed early, as adults you still feel like you can enjoy being at the parks by seeing them at night and watching the fireworks from your room. But not to throw shade at the lake view. Attaching a pic as well. We like the lake view very much especially if we're low on points for booking a theme park view.

We have two daughters late teens. Having bedroom units makes a huge different for getting ready and maintaining sanity. And my wife loves making breakfast each day with bedroom units having full kitchens. With little ones the bedroom units may not matter as much but I'm sure they will feel like "big" people having the couch bed pulled out for a sleep over and mom and dad in the next room.

Attaching some pics of the theme park and lake views. For theme park views the higher the floors the better. If you're on a lower flower level I'm not sure its as magical a view. There is the monorail passing by and that's always cool at any floor level.

Either way it will be a wonderful time at Bay lake.

Attachments

• BLT Lake View.jpg
    BLT Lake View.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Share Fireworks.jpg
    Share Fireworks.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 15
  • Share Monorail.jpg
    Share Monorail.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Share WDW1 Night Pic.jpg
    Share WDW1 Night Pic.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 17
DH and I stayed in BLT Studio theme park view last last fall. I was disappointed it was only on the 4th floor (lowest theme park view level), but the view was still pretty awesome and I loved watching the monorail go by!

There was a lot more room than I expected (partially due to those rooms being on the "outside" curve of the building), and having the galley kitchen gave us a lot more space for snacks, etc. We enjoyed it so much we recently got a resale contract so we can book that view more often!

Attachments

• image000002_1.jpg
    image000002_1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 15
  • image000000_1.jpg
    image000000_1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 15
  • image000001_1.jpg
    image000001_1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 18
DH and I stayed in BLT Studio theme park view last last fall. I was disappointed it was only on the 4th floor (lowest theme park view level), but the view was still pretty awesome and I loved watching the monorail go by!

There was a lot more room than I expected (partially due to those rooms being on the "outside" curve of the building), and having the galley kitchen gave us a lot more space for snacks, etc. We enjoyed it so much we recently got a resale contract so we can book that view more often!
Thanks for sharing your 4th floor pics. Still pretty nice views from that level. Better than I expected. We’ve be fortunate to always be floor 7 and up. Makes me feel less stress if or when we get a lower floor.

Disclaimer up front, not looking to make the decision for you. Will share some of our recent experiences as food for thought.

We stayed at Bay Lake for the first time during COVID. Had points to use or loose from another DVC resort. Booked a theme park view 1 or 2 bedroom and loved it! Loved it so much that we bought BLT DVC points. Lots of +'s and -'s but the magic for us was:

1) Closeness to MK - You have little ones which we also did at one time. Makes it super convenient to come back mid day for naps, break, etc. In fact you can come back a couple of times during the day if there a emergencies for the little ones.
2) Theme park views at night - This is one of the things I like best. If kiddos go to bed early, as adults you still feel like you can enjoy being at the parks by seeing them at night and watching the fireworks from your room. But not to throw shade at the lake view. Attaching a pic as well. We like the lake view very much especially if we're low on points for booking a theme park view.

We have two daughters late teens. Having bedroom units makes a huge different for getting ready and maintaining sanity. And my wife loves making breakfast each day with bedroom units having full kitchens. With little ones the bedroom units may not matter as much but I'm sure they will feel like "big" people having the couch bed pulled out for a sleep over and mom and dad in the next room.

Attaching some pics of the theme park and lake views. For theme park views the higher the floors the better. If you're on a lower flower level I'm not sure its as magical a view. There is the monorail passing by and that's always cool at any floor level.

Either way it will be a wonderful time at Bay lake.
We own there too and just have spent most of our time knocking out other DVC resorts. I'm a practical person and value location very highly so that alone was my leading factor along with the value of ownership there. You look like you had an amazing time! We just wanted to help decide the value of what is worth it. I would maybe consider theme park view in the studio just to experience it and one baby is in a crib still by that time. The other will be four and in love with the castle. In my mind I wanted the one bedroom as it sounds great but maybe we can finish our trip in a one bedroom at another resort for laundry and a more comfortable final portion of trip. Thanks for the input! Btw... I know once these girls are older the one bedroom is what I will need so we are preparing for it and trying to decide how we can vacation that way in future years.

You think we can slide a crib near the bed and still get that couch bed setup comfortable enough? We have done the studio there without a kid and did fine but without that little TV child bed or the Murphy bed I am worried about it somewhat.

I can’t speak to the theme park view at BLT but I can speak to the 1BR lake view. I personally think it’s a good point value considering it’s 1 of 2 locations where the 1BR has 2 full bathrooms (the other being Kidani). I will say the pull out couch is a bit uncomfortable for adults and we’re looking forward the the refurb and hopefully Murphy beds. Kids should be fine on the pullout couch.

The public outdoor space bewteeen CR and BLT has a decent view for fireworks.

I love the 1BR at BLT.
We will be there in Sept 2024 which may be in the midst of that update. We hoped it would be done but probably won't be. The lake studio we had was nice but not sure I thought it was amazing so wondered if the standard was significantly worse but not sure. The one bed seems to be loved here so we know we would appreciate it for sure in future years no matter what even if we opt out this trip. The cheaper room with cool view is tempting but that comfort is calling far as space. Again, they are 4 and 1 so maybe space is not needed just yet but happy to hear positive marks from you all about feeling it's good value either way!

You think we can slide a crib near the bed and still get that couch bed setup comfortable enough? We have done the studio there without a kid and did fine but without that little TV child bed or the Murphy bed I am worried about it somewhat.
Turns out I have pics of the main areas also!
Yes - I do think you can set up the crib and still move around. I cannot remember if the table it screwed to the floor or if it might be movable a little - but the area with the closest chair looks like a good candidate for the crib. have an amazing time!

Just please make sure your 4 year old isn't a climber - those balconies are more tempting than most to climb the railing.

Attachments

• BLT DS main.jpg
    BLT DS main.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 18
  • BLT kitchenette.jpg
    BLT kitchenette.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 18
Turns out I have pics of the main areas also!
Yes - I do think you can set up the crib and still move around. I cannot remember if the table it screwed to the floor or if it might be movable a little - but the area with the closest chair looks like a good candidate for the crib. have an amazing time!

Just please make sure your 4 year old isn't a climber - those balconies are more tempting than most to climb the railing.
Yeah that does seem like it would work. We can maybe splurge for the view and finish up elsewhere with a standard 1 bed for the other portion of our trip as we always split stay. Those railings are scary and once saw a photo of a kid hanging on the other side which made me so mad.
Studios fit us well but I envy the stroller parking spot, the real fridge, and laundry the most. I think if I opt out this trip and do this studio view, I may be tempted to just get more points but I told myself to wait another year at least with that ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter