Ban Wagon -2011 Edition

February:

-Eat out only once a week
-Scrap spending at or under $30
-Clean out cabinets
-Start diet...down at least 10 lbs
-Continue picture orders

We did well until last week. This month's ban goals:

*Eat out as a family twice per month (can be breakfast after church)
*Date night with DH once a week (use coupons--we clip, but, sometimes don't use)
*No credit card purchases
*No scrapping supplies
*Continue to pay down CCs
*Save cash for cruise

February Goals

Get 2008 Disney Album done and Keep moving. :cool1:

Eat out 2 times this month. Short month I hope we can do it!:thumbsup2

Get all bills caught up, got a little behind when my car broke down on the way to Disneyland in December, $1,200 to fix it plus, $200 tow, $200 cab ride to nearest airport, $275 for rental car to get to Disneyland and back while car was being fixed. :sad2:

Try not to go overboard on stuff for the new house so that I can pay someone else to load and unload a truck. VS taking time off work, renting truck, gas/mileage, depending on everyone to show up.:idea:

Thats it for February, gonna keep it simple.

I'm joining in too!!!

I am going to use my stash, only adhesives and needed cardstock, but should be good on that for awhile since I stocked up before xmas! ordered the new disney carts in dec so won't be getting any other new ones for awhile. Will only do swaps if I know I have the needed items in my stash! did good on this!

eating out is something hard for me to give up as I don't like cooking for just megan and I....half the time we do use coupons though....our pizza guys know us too, we always have coupons and order extra to get a second meal out of them.did good on this, except of this weekend, used coupons for all other meals out

I am saving extra money each month now that our WDW trip is paid off for any upcoming trips.....Megan and I decided we rather travel than get stuff, so that's our goal to save and travel.

No clothes shopping for me, will be needing to get megan new spring/summer clothes since she outgrew everything from last year...dang kid won't stop growing, but will use coupons/sales/discount stores only!bought myself a new swim suit today, after wearingmy old one this weekend is was :scared1:, but on sale

I will be here to support you all!!

over all, did good, one splurge was getting my Gypsy, but on sale and free shippings plus got $70 in extra's free!!!

Feb will be buying some papers and album for a gift I'm making for a friend, don't think I will need anything major for the upcoming letter swap and my other supplies okay....still need to find Megan some shorts, got her a new swimsuit, t-shirt and short for WDW today, all on sale!

Start working on 2010 after swap and gift album done is my Feb scrap/swap goals!

We've got a week away at the end of Feb so I won't skimp on that, but apart from that my goals are:

only buy adhesive (I need photo corners for my mum's heritage album) - no papers or anything!

Keep off the cookies!

Keep wine down with more teetotal days (this depends on work not being a PITA:rolleyes1)

By the way, printing pics at home can work out very expensive compared with online processors (even without deals) - check your ink prices and reviews for your printer (which should say how much a print works out).

Yeah...I think I definitely saved both money and time by ordering photos online. I do like the convenience of being able to print at home when I want though. I think I will use it for more immediate needs in the future though!!

February's goal:

budget for the month - First 1/2 of the month is done
no scrap spending - use only stash
I do have an allowance for adhesive but it must be either on sale or bought with a coupon.
clip more coupons
NO EATING OUT!!! - eating out last year for Feb was $1064. NUTS!!!
All coupon and card savings, as well as meal out savings will go into the WDW fund.

I did print out some pics for my mum's heritate album - chiefly because they were very old scanned prints sent by e-mail and its really hard to get them online in the right size (they tend to blow them up to a standard 6 x 4 as they're not digital and it ruins the resolution) but I had 2 sheets of free A4 photo paper left from my LAST printer so I cut and pasted lots of pics onto a powerpoint slide and adjusted the sizes so i could get the lot - about 10-12 pics - on the two pages:goodvibes

February Goals:

Keep on budget ~ doing great... Feb is ready to go; first set of bills ready to go
File taxes ASAP
van flush/fill transmissioin ~ use coupon ($30 off)
continue working on kids' fall sports individual meet/games (this is going well)
pull favorite photso for a highlight page of the kids' fall sports (include 5x7 individual photo)
NO swaps (worked out great in January: so I can do it again)
purchase only photos needed (ordered photos for this month to pick up on 2/4)
continue to pull coupons (did great last month; need to pull them for grocery run tomorrow)
can eat out once (must use coupon on gift certs)
stay on track with scrapping goals
replinish adhesive stock and solid paper only on sale days (should have some coming up this month) ~ limit to $25.00

Ok comin to confess my shopping sins.

I spent $40 at the LSS because i needed SeaWorld and Zoo themed paper for my current scrapping and my crop fee for March $10.

New shoes! 1 pair for work on clearance at Fred Meyer and a pair of slip on sketchers not on clearance but $10 off. (my old pair got wet in WDW and the velcro wasnt working anymore and they were like 4 years old)

Valentines candy/stuff for the kiddos classes. Mostly on sale since I got them yesterday/ :)

Tonight I am spending $$ on a hair cut and color. I havent had profressional color in almost a year and a hair cut in like 6 months.

I also paid off my car debt last few payments/cash borrowed to fixed it while in DL.
Got preschool tution up to date.
paid on the dance bill as well as costumes.
got paid up on all sitters :cool1:

those aren't sins in my book!!!
scrapbook stuff you needed to do your LO's...
new shoes, hello got to keep the feet covered and comfortable!
paying off debt is GREAT!!!! way to go!!
valentines is a given expense!
dance and costumes, got to be done for the DD's!
and I think getting your hair done is a well deserved treat for a hard working mama!!!

so good job from me!!!!

any time!!! how did your hair turn out??? did your gang like it!

Its cute. Had her do all over color with some dark red highlights in the front. and give it a good cut. She does an awesome job. I got lucky that she had an open space tonight. DD liked it DBF was thats nice. he was just tired of waiting since he met me there on the way home. boys!

Its cute. Had her do all over color with some dark red highlights in the front. and give it a good cut. She does an awesome job. I got lucky that she had an open space tonight. DD liked it DBF was thats nice. he was just tired of waiting since he met me there on the way home. boys!

yah whatca' gonna do with them :confused3 as long as you like it and you feel good, that's all that matters!!!
can't wait to meet up with you all on the 26th!!! well I'm off to bed, been working on Park letter swaps and my bed is killing me!
have a good night!

Good hair cut is a necessity - you wouldn't not go to the dentist or opticians if yuou needed it, so whaere's the diference:confused3 OK you won't be in physical pain without a haircut but its part of "maintenance costs" IMHO;)

Just realized I didn't set any Feb goals. Poo!! I have limited my scrap shopping to adhesive and solid cardstock (only when needed on the 2nd and only for replenishing).

My Feb goals for the rest of the month:

1. One eat-out time (will be for MIL's bday)
2. Keep spreadsheet up to date for bills
3. Pay down debt!! We have a new "plan" and we're determined to stick to it!

Way to go everyone! Y'all have been doing great!!

Good hair cut is a necessity - you wouldn't not go to the dentist or opticians if yuou needed it, so whaere's the diference:confused3 OK you won't be in physical pain without a haircut but its part of "maintenance costs" IMHO;)

:thumbsup2 good point. wonder if DBF would accept $97 every month as maintenance under misc bills?. :rotfl2:

maybe if you sweet talk him a bit...tell him how much better it makes you feel...

hey so we are going to be downtown on the 26th, spending the night of the 25th in Seattle, taking Megan to see the Smuckers Ice Show so thought it would be fun to spend the night and hang out in the city until we meet up, are we still good to go to meet up in Renton???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter