Ban Wagon -2011 Edition

I think I'm using this as a confessional.....
I have been waiting for Joanns to have their albums on sale again for 5.00 which starts today. I am conscieniously (SP?) jumping off the wagon. I scrapped alot last year and my pages of my trips are each laying in individual Iris boxes. It doesnt make it easy to look through pages when they are not in a book. And I figured that while Im watching tv with fam I can load pages into albums.
So I will get back on but Im planning on being a bad girl today.:goodvibes

I think albums are a needed item....have to protect those pages you worked so hard on! plus your getting an awesome deal!!!

If you have a big lots they have 12x12 albums on sale all the time for $5.00.. not sure the brand, I just was glancing over and say them...

I spent $17.00 yesterday.... 12 for mats; 5 for adhesive.. The rest that came home with me mom bought.... she wanted to waste some money...Dad said she had to buy me stuff since I was driving... My dad rocks! LOL (I limited my request to sale items).

However mom did over my her SLR camera... so that is one less expense.. although I do need a newer camera so I'm looking at a Nikon L110... anyone have one??? The sports photos I have seen on them are awesome... I like to have multiple cameras with me.. DD and I like to see who can get the best shots and DS14s soccer games (they are more action since they are competitive travel )

maybe if you sweet talk him a bit...tell him how much better it makes you feel...

hey so we are going to be downtown on the 26th, spending the night of the 25th in Seattle, taking Megan to see the Smuckers Ice Show so thought it would be fun to spend the night and hang out in the city until we meet up, are we still good to go to meet up in Renton???

Sure, we can do that or we can meet downtown somewhere. looks like things are falling through with the house. The underwriter cant make the numbers work. :headache: Realtor wants to start looking at other places. I was like :eek: are you kidding me? if they cant make the numbers work on this one how are you going to find one that they will????

So I'm not sure if we are still hitting up IKEA or not. Although we do need a few things we have been putting off because we didnt want to move them so who knows. :confused3

If you go every 6 weeks it saves 1/3!!

It usually takes me that long to get back in. but my hair grows so fast that by week 3 I have grow out. and then i get busy and just go buy box color to cover it up. im horrible. :sad2:

I think I'm using this as a confessional.....
I have been waiting for Joanns to have their albums on sale again for 5.00 which starts today. I am conscieniously (SP?) jumping off the wagon. I scrapped alot last year and my pages of my trips are each laying in individual Iris boxes. It doesnt make it easy to look through pages when they are not in a book. And I figured that while Im watching tv with fam I can load pages into albums.
So I will get back on but Im planning on being a bad girl today.:goodvibes

Ohhh thats a good deal. I have pages sitting here waiting for albums too. I will have to head out tomorrow.

I confess--I pushed Lisa off the ban wagon by taking her to Hobby Lobby today ;) We only bought what we would be using soon, but, still I feel kinda bad taking her to such a fun store.

Tsk Tsk Cheryl....now you both need a pull over!! LOL :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I bet you guys had a nice time though...so that makes it all worth it!!!!!!

I confess--I pushed Lisa off the ban wagon by taking her to Hobby Lobby today ;) We only bought what we would be using soon, but, still I feel kinda bad taking her to such a fun store.

Tsk Tsk Cheryl....now you both need a pull over!! LOL :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I bet you guys had a nice time though...so that makes it all worth it!!!!!!

Yes Cheryl is a "bad" influence :lmao:, some of it was for Megan, only got things I've never seen here and some Flock, since I've never tried that!! :lmao:

we had a lovely time with Cheryl!!! thanks!!!

will try to be a good girl and not fall off again, well until we go to WDW, because who knows what I'll find there!!

OMG Lisa- last yr when i took my students, I swore that I would not need to buy anything Disney - wrong!!! Went to the gift shop at our ASMovies, and they had just received the most incredible huge pack of Disney papers, mats, stickers etc.... Needless to say, they get put to good use!!;)

OMG Lisa- last yr when i took my students, I swore that I would not need to buy anything Disney - wrong!!! Went to the gift shop at our ASMovies, and they had just received the most incredible huge pack of Disney papers, mats, stickers etc.... Needless to say, they get put to good use!!;)

I figure I'll find something scrapbook wise to buy....but I have already put my spending $$ on a disney GC, so when its gone, its gone!

Alrighty then--our February wasn't so great. Too much eating out = too much money spent on food :headache:

We're starting fresh. We all sat down and made a menu for the week (hopefully we can stick to it).

I've done really well as far as NO online scrap shopping for 2 months :) And we're getting the credit cards lowered (a little at a time).

March Ban wagon goals:
Limit eating out to once per week (this includes fast food or pizza)
No online scrap shopping. $30 for brick & mortar scrap shopping.
Continue making more than the monthly minimum on credit cards.
Save at least half of tax return for cruise.
Work on using stuff in the cupboards.

February:

-Eat out only once a week first two weeks went well...last two weeks not so much
-Scrap spending at or under $30 Yay!!!! Only spent $25!!!
-Clean out cabinets nope...still in the plans!
-Start diet...down at least 10 lbs Down 6, so a start at least...24 to 29 to go!
-Continue picture orders did some, but waiting for some super discounts!

March goals:

-Eat out once a week

-Scrap spending under $50

-Clean out cabinets and use dry foods!

-Continue diet and lose another 15 pounds

-Try to get half pictures left ordered and on cd's

I'm with y'all on the eating out! We did better about going to "sit-down" restaurants (like Chili's or Applebees), but the McDonald's run or pick-up-pizza is harder to quit for us. We're down to once a week for that, so that's been better. We're doing better about sticking to the menu. I hope March is a good month for that!!

February's goal:

budget for the month - First 1/2 of the month is done didn't budget the 2nd 1/2 of the month and paid the price financially
no scrap spending - use only stash Bought 12 sheets of paper (on sale) but only colors I needed, green, black, and brown and bought 2 packs of 8 1/2 x 11 paper for Kansas trip. Using the same color palette throughout to save time.
I do have an allowance for adhesive but it must be either on sale or bought with a coupon. bought adhesive today, didn't have a coupon only because I haven't been shopping at Mikes so I didn't have one LOL
clip more coupons tanked!!! Rarely used coupons but I did use reusable bags and soda/water bottle redemption
NO EATING OUT!!! - eating out last year for Feb was $1064. NUTS!!! tanked again!!! Between Snow days, sick days and crazy schedule days we did terrible.
All coupon and card savings, as well as meal out savings will go into the WDW fund. what little we saved, will go into the WDW fund

March:

Budget the month - starting to get that underway with bill paying tonight
need to file February's receipts and bills
scrap spending - need 2 sheets of dark blue paper - will get that at the Cape
Adhesive, and photos only
Scrap pages - my goal is 63 pages for the month of March
Clip more coupons - Between soda bottles, reusable bags and coupons my goal is to save $150 this month
Eating out - One meal out for DD's birthday, her choice.
Reusable bags - Goal this month is no plastic bags at all! Gotta get DH on board.

February Goals

Get 2008 Disney Album done and Keep moving. :cool1: No so good on this one. The month flew by too many sickies and not enough days off. i got 15 pages done and the rest of the pics ordered

Eat out 2 times this month. Short month I hope we can do it!:thumbsup2 :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I think we ate our WAY more this month. I blame it on :confused3

Get all bills caught up, got a little behind when my car broke down on the way to Disneyland in December, $1,200 to fix it plus, $200 tow, $200 cab ride to nearest airport, $275 for rental car to get to Disneyland and back while car was being fixed. :sad2: Bills have been caught up!!! except dance, thats a work in progress, i did pay costmes :scared1: and a huge chunk of tuition :thumbsup2

Try not to go overboard on stuff for the new house so that I can pay someone else to load and unload a truck. VS taking time off work, renting truck, gas/mileage, depending on everyone to show up.:idea: still waiting on the final approvals for the stinking house, but we did finally buy 2 new dressers, 1 for us, DBF has half a drawer and 12 inches of closet space, hey I had my scrap stuff in the closet first :laughing: and one for the little girls, they have outgrown their "baby" dressers so they got a big one to share, DBF spent hours putting it together last night :lovestruc it!! and new nightstands. DBF didnt have one and mine is soooooooo old. All old furniture is being re-purposed, DD#1 is getting mine, throwing hers out, and so far one of the little girls' will be the dress up closet, since its old and has drawers and a closet side to it. Still debating on the other.

Thats it for February, gonna keep it simple.

We did a lot of fun things this month too. Spent $144.00 at Build a Bear for DD#2's bday. Not bad for 4 girls.

Also had to buy DD's new dance shoes- $55, and bought DD#2 a super cute new dance bag on Etsy for $24 shipped. Her old one has kicked the bucket.

March Goals
Scrap my tushy off!!!! I am going to plan to spend 1 whole day off a week, scrapping and working on swaps. No matter what!

Teach DBF to cook so we can eat at home more. Maybe do a menu so he knows what he will be cooking.

MOVE! Well I will settle for keys and the renovations to start. We need space!!!

Clean out and Clear out in preparation of the move. Not that we have a lot, I try to keep up on top of it, but there is a few things that could use purging.

Hang out with Lisa again. DD wants to go skating :)

Wow....rambling :rotfl2:

We did a lot of fun things this month too. Spent $144.00 at Build a Bear for DD#2's bday. Not bad for 4 girls.

Also had to buy DD's new dance shoes- $55, and bought DD#2 a super cute new dance bag on Etsy for $24 shipped. Her old one has kicked the bucket.

March Goals
Scrap my tushy off!!!! I am going to plan to spend 1 whole day off a week, scrapping and working on swaps. No matter what!

Teach DBF to cook so we can eat at home more. Maybe do a menu so he knows what he will be cooking.

MOVE! Well I will settle for keys and the renovations to start. We need space!!!

Clean out and Clear out in preparation of the move. Not that we have a lot, I try to keep up on top of it, but there is a few things that could use purging.

Hang out with Lisa again. DD wants to go skating :)

Wow....rambling :rotfl2:

would love to hang out again soon, but will probably have to wait until after we get back from WDW! have something going on every weekend until we leave.
Megan doesn't know how to skate and I haven't been on roller skates since jr high and never on ice skates, so I wouldn't be any help for her!

would love to hang out again soon, but will probably have to wait until after we get back from WDW! have something going on every weekend until we leave.
Megan doesn't know how to skate and I haven't been on roller skates since jr high and never on ice skates, so I wouldn't be any help for her!

Well E doesnt really know how either. :lmao: So they could help each other. And we can watch :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!