Bad rides for the very tall?

i'm 6'4", long legs and nowhere even close to skinny.

Don't bother:
- astro orbiter

Yes but very uncomfortable:
- barn stormer.
- 7dmt, this is whre really long legs might be a problem as it's a close to your legs bar and it just gets over my legs and they are stuck in that position until the ride is over (the wall is closer to the seat than it should be). again ridable, just don't expect luxury.

Yes but with a catch22:
- space mountain, do not sit in rows 1 or 4. rows 2,3,5,6 you put your legs under the seat in front of you. you'll look interesting getting out but you'll fit just fine.

Yes:
- everything else.

Haven't done in awhile:
- mission space. I remember fitting fine but it was very tight with the design of the capsule you sit in. not for the claustrophobic.

Thanks! We'll be skipping both Astro Orbiter and Barnstormer in favor of a break while my BFF's girls do all that stuff. I'd really like for us all to do 7DMT but I guess we'll see.

Thanks! We'll be skipping both Astro Orbiter and Barnstormer in favor of a break while my BFF's girls do all that stuff. I'd really like for us all to do 7DMT but I guess we'll see.

7dmt is ridable, just expect some discomfort for the tall person. I go on it without hesitation

My DH is 6'5" and the only ride he refuses to go on is Big Thunder; it really bangs up his knees. He found Mine Train tight, but rideable.

6'6" here. If doing RnR in the Studios, use the odd numbered rows, not the even. MUCH more leg room.

My friend is 7 ft even and he likes to tell the story about how years ago, he was at WDW and had waited in line with his family for Space Mountain but had planned on skipping the ride. As his "chicken out excuse", he told the ride attendant that he wouldn't fit. The attendant retorted back "Shaq rode this last week - you will fit"

I don't know if he enjoyed the ride but he did fit on it.

My DSIL is 6' 5" and said Space Mtn was uncomfortable but RnR was more so. He said sitting in the front row helped a little. He also said EE at AK was uncomfortable but not as much as the other 2 coasters.

I feel like I asked this before, years ago, but I can't remember what the responses were! My dad is 6'4 with very long legs. In the past he's had trouble with rides where a bar comes down and locks over your lap - his knees come up so high when sitting in the cars that the bar literally can't go down all the way.

So which Disney rides does he need to avoid? Grateful for any input!

My husband is that height and he calls Big Thunder Mountain Railroad "the most painful ride in the wilderness" because it beats his knees up.

6'4" here, and not skinny. Here's my thoughts:

7DMT- knees didn't really hit, but good lord was the lap bar tight! I had welts on my legs for over an hour and let's just say that other body parts are INCREDIBLY squished.
IASW- Not awesome for tall folks, but you can find ways to get a little more comfortable over the course of the ride
Space Mountain- SUCKS!!!! Not only is it uncomfortable for tall folks, but it is murder on your back.
Test Track- similar to small world, but not nearly as bad.

Overall, you will find most rides and attractions easy to ride and comfortable.

Any boat ride my husband just sits sideways in. Granted I'm only 5'1 and I have two daughters under 5 so we don't need all the legroom in front of us so its fine if he uses it.

On Test Track try to ride in the front since it has more legroom. I believe Space Mountain it is better to ride in any seat that is not the front one as the floor is more shallow on the front seat. I am tall and fit on everything just fine, but my friend who is taller but also larger followed these rules for his comfort.

I'm 6' 2" with long legs and the only ride I had a problem on was the teacups.

There were some rides that took a little more effort to get out of, since the seats are low and my knees were higher than my posterior, but I got out without any help.

Rock N Roller Coaster gives me issues. I think folks with long legs are ok, but I have a very long torso (only 5' 11") and the over-the-shoulder restraint on RNR hits my shoulders before it's all the way down. It does lock into place, but sticks out away from my body (as though I have a big belly, but it's just a big gap) and hurts my shoulders as the ride shakes you around...

Don't get me wrong, love the ride and ride it every chance I get, but I go in knowing it's gonna hurt. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter