Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

I just wanted to add this in because I know this question has been asked a lot. Today I had a BG for webslingers and a dining reservation that coincided with one another. We went and asked at webslingers and they told us to come back after our dining reservation and our BG would still be honored. The guy we asked also mentioned that as long as your BG has already been called that they will honor it for the rest of the day/evening and that if it disappears from the app they are able to pull it up with your ticket.

I just wanted to add this in because I know this question has been asked a lot. Today I had a BG for webslingers and a dining reservation that coincided with one another. We went and asked at webslingers and they told us to come back after our dining reservation and our BG would still be honored. The guy we asked also mentioned that as long as your BG has already been called that they will honor it for the rest of the day/evening and that if it disappears from the app they are able to pull it up with your ticket.
That is great to know! Thank you for this update.

Webslingers had a join button active at 4:30 this afternoon! I tried to get another one, but it wouldn't let me since I had ridden it earlier. Not sure if it was a glitch but the blue join button was there for a few minutes.
Maybe they were getting through them really fast and thought they needed to assign more?

We were able to get WS BG’s all 4 days of our trip this week! We got the first one at 7am from Dallas, before we flew into Anaheim. It was luckily group 59. It got called before we arrived, even though we went straight to the ride. The CM asked why we were late. We explained that we flew in and were delayed. They let us ride!

Thank you for sharing! It might also be more flexible on Web due to the style of attraction vs. Rise with very limited capacity and (still) frequent downtimes.

With the holiday weekend did they happen to add a standby line again for Avengers Campus? I'm just wondering if it is well and truly gone or if it is still coming and going.

With the holiday weekend did they happen to add a standby line again for Avengers Campus? I'm just wondering if it is well and truly gone or if it is still coming and going.

We walked right into AC at around 9 am this morning. I don’t think the standby line is a “thing” anymore. They didn’t have any barriers or anything at any of the entrances that would even be conducive to having a standby line on an as needed basis.

They don’t care if you’re late for either Rise or WS. We were several hours late for each this week and had no trouble using our boarding groups. Didn’t even question
Maybe we just got a tired CM. He scanned our BG, and as I was about to nicely ask If we could still ride even though our group had passed, he said “and why are you 108 minutes late?” Not the nicest tone either, though maybe he was smiling but I could not tell with the masks. I explained that we had flown in that morning and were delayed and he let us board. So I would not assume that every CM will let you board if you are late. Maybe if the ride is running well that day, but if they have had a lot of down time for the ride on that day, they may not. Or they just may say no, period. I would not risk it at all if you can help it.

Also, I had read that the entry to AC was only through the “Main“ entrance. They have now opened the connection back to Hollywood Blvd, as well as the old “secret” entrance from Cars Land (by Luigi’s). So there are 3 ways to get in and out of AC now. This cut down a lot of walking for us, once we realized all of these entry points are now open.

Also, I had read that the entry to AC was only through the “Main“ entrance. They have now opened the connection back to Hollywood Blvd, as well as the old “secret” entrance from Cars Land (by Luigi’s). So there are 3 ways to get in and out of AC now. This cut down a lot of walking for us, once we realized all of these entry points are now open.
I am excited to hear this, as we’ve missed the “shortcut” from Guardians to Carsland (and vice versa).

I’m glad we held off visiting for a few weeks.

....So I would not assume that every CM will let you board if you are late. Maybe if the ride is running well that day, but if they have had a lot of down time for the ride on that day, they may not. Or they just may say no, period. I would not risk it at all if you can help it.
This is an excellent point. As with other blogger/Disney fan site tips some guests will treat it as 'official' policy and then give the CM a hard time, when they are just doing their job as instructed by Leads/Management that day.

There could be a million different reasons they do or don't enforce times. A while back even Fast Pass went though a major change of strict return time enforcement when they used to not care.

This is an excellent point. As with other blogger/Disney fan site tips some guests will treat it as 'official' policy and then give the CM a hard time, when they are just doing their job as instructed by Leads/Management that day.

There could be a million different reasons they do or don't enforce times. A while back even Fast Pass went though a major change of strict return time enforcement when they used to not care.
Agreed. And since you can only try for a BG for each ride once per day, if you miss the window and the CM won’t let you board late, you won’t be riding that day. You can’t just say, oh well, then I will wait SB for the ride. Nope. So unless you just can’t get there in your time window (dining reservation, stuck on another ride due to breakdown), I would get there on time. If not, be willing to be denied boarding for the day.

I had a curious thing happen on Sunday night. Our WS BG (239- which I got a full 3 minutes after noon, BTW) was not called until 8:55pm. I still have the notification in my phone that says we had to return by 9:55 which would be the typical 1hr. We decided we did want to do a final ride on WS so watched part of fireworks from town square end of MS and then snuck out, skirted the HUGE crowd packing the esplanade and hustled into DCA. I pulled up the screen to show the boarding passes as we were walking in around 9:45 and it said our return time had expired! It didn't matter- the passes were still there and they didn't even say anything when they scanned them (and there was NO ONE in the line- we did the preshow room with just us and one other group of 4) but weird that it said they were expired even though it was not yet 9:55.

I had a curious thing happen on Sunday night. Our WS BG (239- which I got a full 3 minutes after noon, BTW) was not called until 8:55pm. I still have the notification in my phone that says we had to return by 9:55 which would be the typical 1hr. We decided we did want to do a final ride on WS so watched part of fireworks from town square end of MS and then snuck out, skirted the HUGE crowd packing the esplanade and hustled into DCA. I pulled up the screen to show the boarding passes as we were walking in around 9:45 and it said our return time had expired! It didn't matter- the passes were still there and they didn't even say anything when they scanned them (and there was NO ONE in the line- we did the preshow room with just us and one other group of 4) but weird that it said they were expired even though it was not yet 9:55.
Thanks for sharing, that was interesting since DCA was supposed to be closed at 9pm.

While walking to Web Slingers, or from, did you notice any other rides or attractions still operating?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter