Avengers Campus Superthread – Opening June 4, 2021!

We got Webslingers for this evening. !!! What do I do if they call us and it conflicts with my dinner reservation? I know we have an hour to get there.... how long should I plan for lobster nachos?? We are currently on track for a 6 pm Webslingers (I know that may change) and have a 6:15 reservation at Lamplight.

Also my don gets nauseated in Star Tours. Should he skip Webslingers?

We got Webslingers for this evening. !!! What do I do if they call us and it conflicts with my dinner reservation? I know we have an hour to get there.... how long should I plan for lobster nachos?? We are currently on track for a 6 pm Webslingers (I know that may change) and have a 6:15 reservation at Lamplight.
Generally, they want you to favor the dinner reservation over the BG. Just show up to the ride after dinner, and they should let you in without problem.

If the standby line for Avengers Campus isn't running at the moment, it couldn't hurt to swing over to the entrance of the ride and verify that with a CM, but I assume that's what they'll tell you.

Also my don gets nauseated in Star Tours. Should he skip Webslingers?
Does he get sick on Midway Mania? WS is more like MM than Star Tours, IMO.

We haven’t done toy story in years. Is it like Buzz?

are there VR glasses?
3D glasses, not VR goggles. The cars move from screen to screen. At each stop you shoot targets. In WS you make a motion like spider man shooting his web to shot the targets. In Buzz you are moving constantly so there is that difference.

Although the ride uses screens and 3D glasses (same or similar to the glasses on Star Tours actually) it's not a motion simulator like Star Tours is so I think he will be OK. We loved the ride and can't wait to go on it again- hope you enjoy it and get ready for an arm workout!

If there is a SBL it is usually near opening but gone by mid day.
Good to know. I’m hoping by the time we go at the end of next month there won’t be a line to get in because it looks like GOTG is pretty much a walk-on in the morning and I’d love to be able to do RSR first since that line is always long and then head into AC and do GOTG a bunch of times. But we will have 6 people trying for a BG so we might be called early enough anyway.

When the select guests portion pops up, are only the guests with reservations for that day selected? Or do you have to individually select people so that you don’t select all friends in your account. Hope this makes sense as I haven’t practiced yet and haven’t been on RoR since pre-Covid days. Thanks!

Also just to clarify, ONLY the people with park reservations will be automatically selected right? The rest of my family is coming now and there will be one day where it’s just my dad and I and one day that’s just my mom and brother and then there’ll be some days not everyone is in the park by noon.

When the select guests portion pops up, are only the guests with reservations for that day selected? Or do you have to individually select people so that you don’t select all friends in your account. Hope this makes sense as I haven’t practiced yet and haven’t been on RoR since pre-Covid days. Thanks!
LOL we asked the exact same question at the exact same time 🤣

I don't think anyone needs to sweat the possibility of being late for their BG window. Sunday I had BG 53 for Rise get called at 10:49 and I ended up going over two hours after my window closed so I could do two more rides and eat lunch first. I didn't explain other than to tell them "I'm late" and they just said, "Oh, that's fine." I'm sure Webslingers is the same.

Monday I had BG 2 for Webslingers, which got called at 8:17, when we were in the back of the line to enter the park. We went right to Avengers, which was largely empty. Even with a with a bathroom stop first Webslingers was no wait and then Guardians at 8:51 was also no wait.

At 4:30 p.m. there was no line to get in Avengers, but you had to enter by Grizzly Peak. There was a Dr. Strange show at 8:45 p.m. that was really cool. I really should have made sure I knew the exact path I needed to take to get to Radiator Springs when I made the plan to leave that show at 8:54 p.m. I got a bit turned around, but it worked out.

My method to get the BG's was to synchronize a watch to be half a second fast and refresh right when it hit 7. I was using data and had everything else closed. The Webslingers day the app just processed it faster.

Would you mind sharing what happened with your boarding group/dinner situation? We have a dinner reservation every night, so I'm curious about what the procedure is if this happens to us.

I was 15 minutes late for dinner and it was no problem. They didn’t care why. (I read elsewhere that as long as you eventually show up, you won’t get charged the no show fee).

Will the queues open at 6am when the parks open at 8am instead of 9a?

I don't think so- there's been no mention of this changing. They do the AM drop for ROTR at WDW at 7am as well. Seems like that's just the time they've decided on for the AM drop where they expect most people are already up and isn't necessarily tied to park opening time

I don't think so- there's been no mention of this changing. They do the AM drop for ROTR at WDW at 7am as well. Seems like that's just the time they've decided on for the AM drop where they expect most people are already up and isn't necessarily tied to park opening time
I approve of this idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter