Julia Anderson

Earning My Ears
I have heard of the line for this ride being more than 2 hours at times. Just wondering if this ride lives up to the hype and is worth waiting for?

It's the best ride in Disney World but I still wouldn't wait 2 hours for it. Either rope drop it or get in line at park close so you can see the whole queue

I think "worth it" depends on your overall plan for your AK day. My kids and I just went down for a long weekend to see a launch and just to do AK to see Pandora. We rope dropped it (which took 90 min from arrival at the park to gettingvoff the ride), and then got right back on so we could see the queue, and were back off in 90 minutes again. We never wait in lines more than 20-30 minutes because we've seen/done everything multiple times over several trips, but this was new and the wait passed quickly. We did NRJ, looked around Pandora, has lunch at Satuli, and headed out to do Bugs Life and some other things. We got in line for Everest and got stopped by a storm; once it passed, we did 4-5 rides with practically no wait on Everest, then over to Safari for two rides back-to-back with also no wait. Then my son said let's check the wait time for FOP again. It was at 105 minutes, but we figured it'd be a little less, so they both agreed to hop in line, and we were off in 90 minutes yet again.

So, all that said, yes, to us, it was worth a 90- minute wait three times (and really--we never wait much) because it was new and because it's very, very good. After we've ridden it 20-30 times, or if it kept us from seeing other new things we'd never tried, maybe not.

It is amazing! That being said, we don’t wait more than 30-40 for ANYTHING and have never had to. Was there last week of June. Went at rope drop one morning and was probably a 20-30 minute wait for us from the front of the park to the actual experience. We were moving pretty much the whole time. When we finished, the wait was 2.5 hours, I believe. Had a fp later in the week, too. It’s a fun experience. Time is too valuable to spend it waiting hours for 1 thing.

We don’t do lines. I’ve never waited for two hours for anything at WDW, and have always said I never would.

Until FoP. I haven’t waited in line for it yet (always had a FP so far) but if the only way I could ever see the attraction was to wait two hours.....I’d do it.

The attraction is that good, a must see.

If I had a nice, long trip planned I would wait. It is simply amazing... If I had a packed touring schedule, I wouldn't.

Personally I think it's worth the wait. And 30 minutes is typically the max we are willing to wait for any ride. However, there is really no reason to wait 2 hours to ride it. If you can't get a FP, either riding it at RD or right at park closing will get you on with a wait significantly less than 2 hours.

While I'm one of the few who aren't a huge fan of it, if you can't ride it any other way then I guess the wait is worth it. We really don't mind waiting in line, we rarely get FPs in advance since we just don't like being tied down to a schedule so if we can't get them in 30 min. time, we just stand in line. We are never in a hurry and have been so many times that we don't try to see how many rides we can ride. The first two times we rode it were without FPs, once at rope drop on an EMH morning, we were off the ride by the time the park was supposed to open for regular hours but we were still in a line of some sort for at least a hour. The next time was later in the day toward park close and again, we waited close to a hour.

I don't wait in line... but if it was the only way to ride FoP, then yes, I'd wait 2 hours to ride it. For me, it's the best ride in any theme park I've been to. I love it!

We LOVE this ride and have been lucky enough to get a FP for it when we go. I don't wait more than 30/40 minutes for anything. If I were going to the parks I would either opt for riding it at rope drop or at the very end of the day when posted wait times tend to be exaggerated. But it's definitely an excellent ride!

As many have said, do RP or at the end of the day. This is the best ride I've been on anywhere.
1 piece of advice, when they are giving you your numbers to load into the first room do not take numbers 1,2,15,16. All the others are fine, so politely ask if you can have a different spot or wait until the next ride. My daughter got 15 and I got 16 on our last ride and it really is much better on the other spots.(I'm nitpicking I know)

As many have said, do RP or at the end of the day. This is the best ride I've been on anywhere.
1 piece of advice, when they are giving you your numbers to load into the first room do not take numbers 1,2,15,16. All the others are fine, so politely ask if you can have a different spot or wait until the next ride. My daughter got 15 and I got 16 on our last ride and it really is much better on the other spots.(I'm nitpicking I know)

Why is it worse on these spots? Is it a worse angle for the screen?

Why is it worse on these spots? Is it a worse angle for the screen?
think of the theater screen from left to right. Seat 1 is on the far left, and seat 16 is the far right. The curvature of the screen from those 2 seats can mess with the effects a little.

I'm trying to be as vague as possible to not spoil the ride for anyone that hasn't experienced it yet. First time I rode it, I avoided every thread about the ride so I could go in blind. Best decision.

Try to ride it at Rope Drop, with a FP+ and then at the end of the night. Seriously. Nothing will surpass your first time on this attraction because of the crazy initial WOW factor but each time after, you'll notice new things and just enjoy the ride.

I have heard of the line for this ride being more than 2 hours at times. Just wondering if this ride lives up to the hype and is worth waiting for?

No ride anywhere is worth a 2 hour wait! 30min would be my limit for any ride!

But, FOP is a great ride. I could ride only once (FP) as I have astigmatism issues and felt really 'off' for a couple hours after. Wanted to ride it so badly, but could not deal with it more than once.

Nothing having to do with it being a great ride though! Dh loves it and used his, plus my FP's for rest of that trip, plus subsequent ones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter