"AVAST! Ye ole ride has broken down again!": TR (6/25-6/26) Final summary pg. 5

DLR29

We create happiness
With less than a month to go, I think I'll start this TR. School is almost over (2 1/2 weeks can't come fast enough). :banana:

First the details...

We will be visiting the Disneyland Resort from June 25-26. A relatively short trip, but it's also a time to see our friends from Oklahoma (yes there are people out there...shocking :scared1:). So my parents have been friends with their parents for a long time and I've become good friends with their kids. One is 18, the other is 15 I think. And I'm 16 in case anybody wanted to know. :confused3 Me and my mom are planning on heading down there at the beginning of the week to look at colleges (ugh) and then my dad will meet us and everyone later. Still not sure if my brother is coming or not because he's got some baseball conflicts maybe.

We've been to DLR with them before (December 06), but they haven't been since then so I'm excited to show them Nemo, TSMM, the castle, etc. I'm also really excited to see the new Fantasmic changes and the summer fireworks (although I think they'll have to be in the same night.....better get planning).

We'll be staying at the HoJo for the first time, which I am VERY excited about considering all of the good reviews on these boards. I have my AP, but everyone else still needs to buy tickets. We'll get some special teacher discount cause my dad's a teacher. :goodvibes

That's it for now, I'm excited to start another trip report (I love them. If you've never read one of mine, you're missing out). I'll be updating whenever something interesting comes up, so until then. :hippie:

I'm in! popcorn::

School's still going? That stinks! It'll be over soon enough and then Disney! What a great way to start the summer!

And don't stress about colleges - look at it as a "tour of your future" and just have fun with all of it. :goodvibes

Sixteen is a great age. I'm the leader of the sophomore girls at my church so I know right where you're coming from. You're almost a junior! :cool1:

LOL, actually I am currently a junior and will be a senior next year. I'm young for my grade (September b-day), so I'll turn 17 in a few months. I'm sooooo glad to be almost done with junior year. Junior year was so much work! :scared1:

Oh yes! I understand that whole birthday thing. I had a friend who graduated when she was 17, and another one that was almost 19. And there I was, about a month after turning 18. Those dang schools and their birthday cut-offs and all their regulations when you enter kindergarten - they just throw everyone off!

And if it makes it any better - my girls are officially juniors now since its the summer - LOL. :lmao:

Ok official cast of characters:

My friends from Oklahoma: They are just as crazy as me and they love Disneyland. Their names are Zach and Christy. On our last trip together in December 06, it was their first trip to DCA. This'll be their second and it'll have TSMM too! I know that they are very pumped for our trip in a few weeks. This was a pic from like 2 years ago when we saw them in TX.
2778425960101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

And their parents are coming too, but I don't have a pic of them. They love all things Disney. They love getting there at rope drop and super touring the parks like me. :laughing: It's also easier for them to get up for rope drop since they're coming over time zones. :thumbsup2

Ok, now for ME!
2702752370101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

Yep, that's me on the right posing in a picture with my cousins (although it was supposed to be only the cousin on the left, not the creeper cousin in the back :rotfl2:). If you don't know anything about me, I love to tour the parks from "8 til late" (ooh I just made a cool rhyming phrase). If you look at my other TRs, you can see that I get so much done. Other people may take breaks, but I plow right through. So I assume that's what we'll do on this trip too.

My wonderful mother: She loves Disney too (sense a trend) and grew up going to the park. She loves Pooh, Peter Pan, Toy Story Midway Mania, Space Mountain, Indy....yeah most rides :). I'm so happy that I have a mother who supports my Disney addic..I mean "hobby". ;)
2599985290101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

Then there's my brother on the left, who has (over time) become to like DLR. Not as much as me (is that possible) but he used to not like it at all, so a step in the right direction. He might come down with us, but we're not sure yet.

And my dad. He's in school to become an administrator (gradutates in July :yay:), so he's playing hookey for one day and joining us down at DLR, probably more to see our OK friends than for the park, but w/e. He likes DLR, but it's not his favorite place.

Ok, good for now.

Ok now that school is winding down (finals, 4 more days), I'm getting more and more excited! I'm making a tentative itinerary because we only have a limited amount of time.

Sunday, June 21: Me and my mom will drive down to my grandparents and stay there while my brother and dad stay up here.

Monday, 22nd: My mom and I will visit maybe USC or UCLA with a tour

Tuesday, 23rd: We'll visit another school, maybe a little farther away, maybe UCSD.

Wednesday, 24th: Last of our college touring days, and it'll probably be the one that we missed on Monday. Then in the evening we'll pick up my brother and dad from the Long Beach Airport. We'll drive to Anaheim and meet up with our friends from OK. Depending on what time it is, we might have dinner at Fire and Ice (one of our favorite restaurants), the new restaurant at the Gardenwalk. If it's too late, then we'll probably just check in to HoJos and crash for the night.

Thursday, 25th: Get up EARLY (key!) and head to DLR after eating some breakfast in our hotel. Since we won't have MM, we'll hit up Indy and the left side of the park in the morning, grab some FPs, and head over to DCA early. Probably ride Toy Story first (maybe multiple times), ride what we want in DCA, and then hop back to DL. We need to see Fantasmic! and Magical! this night, so we'll attempt to do that also. Then do as much as we can until midnight or until we die and head back to the hotel.

Friday, 26th: Get up EARLY (sense a trend?) and head to DLR blah blah, same morning routine as the previous day. Hit up Fantasyland and Tomorrowland in the morning. Then we can do whatever we want for the rest of our time. I think we will need to leave around 5 :sad1: and we'll drive all the way home.

Sounds way too short, but we will get in as much as possible in those almost 2 days.

Just thought I'd share some funny moments and quotes from when we went to DLR back in 06 with our OK friends. Be warned: Random, teenage sillyness ahead! :eek:

1. They had never been to DCA, so they were amazed when we took them to see Turtle Talk. My friend was called on to answer a question or something, but she didn't know the answer. Crush was like "It's ok everyone....She's having a Dory moment" :rotfl2:

2. One of the best parts of BTMRR is obviously when the safety spiel guy says "Hold onto your hats and glasses, cause this here ride's the Wildest Ride in the WILDERNESS!" So we thought we were hilarious to talk in Western accents and pretend that we were in the wilderness. We must have said "wilderness" like 50 times each time we rode "the wilderness". Silly teenage antics. We even gave ourselves special names for when we rode "the wilderness". I think I was Wilder, she was Wilda, and he was Will.

3. Similar to the BTMRR "incident" ;), in Tomorrowland, we counted the number of "trips to space". Again, we had to make funny names because fake names are awesome. He was Blobacus, the Space Woyah (pronounced like warrior, except Wo-yah), and we were his trusty sidekicks Blobiticus (me), and Blobina (her). We started out at 1700 (not sure why), but we got to like 17teen something. We not only counted rides on Space Mountain as "voyages into space", but any ride that had anything to do with Space (loosely) we counted. So all of our BLAB rides, Star Tours, etc. were all voyages into Space.

As you can tell, I get along with these guys great and we make tons of inside jokes. My brother on the other hand thinks we're all crazy. :rolleyes: So it'll be interesting this time, now that he's a little older and he like DLR a lot more.

Just thought I'd share some funny moments and quotes from when we went to DLR back in 06 with our OK friends. Be warned: Random, teenage sillyness ahead! :eek:

1. They had never been to DCA, so they were amazed when we took them to see Turtle Talk. My friend was called on to answer a question or something, but she didn't know the answer. Crush was like "It's ok everyone....She's having a Dory moment" :rotfl2:

2. One of the best parts of BTMRR is obviously when the safety spiel guy says "Hold onto your hats and glasses, cause this here ride's the Wildest Ride in the WILDERNESS!" So we thought we were hilarious to talk in Western accents and pretend that we were in the wilderness. We must have said "wilderness" like 50 times each time we rode "the wilderness". Silly teenage antics. We even gave ourselves special names for when we rode "the wilderness". I think I was Wilder, she was Wilda, and he was Will.

3. Similar to the BTMRR "incident" ;), in Tomorrowland, we counted the number of "trips to space". Again, we had to make funny names because fake names are awesome. He was Blobacus, the Space Woyah (pronounced like warrior, except Wo-yah), and we were his trusty sidekicks Blobiticus (me), and Blobina (her). We started out at 1700 (not sure why), but we got to like 17teen something. We not only counted rides on Space Mountain as "voyages into space", but any ride that had anything to do with Space (loosely) we counted. So all of our BLAB rides, Star Tours, etc. were all voyages into Space.

As you can tell, I get along with these guys great and we make tons of inside jokes. My brother on the other hand thinks we're all crazy. :rolleyes: So it'll be interesting this time, now that he's a little older and he like DLR a lot more.

DLR 29, sounds like a great trip. :thumbsup2

Since you brought up BTMRR, I thought i'd mention that when Padewan Alec & i visited last Oct., from 3pm to 8pm BTMRR had the oddest FP situation. For that entire time, it would have a 50-60 min. standby line & a 60 min. FP return time. We'd ride, pick up a FP.....tour elsewhere for an hour....& then ride again (& collect a FP again)...& on & on.

Has this ever happened to you? If not check out if this is the case for you all (assuming you all want to ride it multiple times).

Have a great time. :hippie:

DLR 29, sounds like a great trip. :thumbsup2

Since you brought up BTMRR, I thought i'd mention that when Padewan Alec & i visited last Oct., from 3pm to 8pm BTMRR had the oddest FP situation. For that entire time, it would have a 50-60 min. standby line & a 60 min. FP return time. We'd ride, pick up a FP.....tour elsewhere for an hour....& then ride again (& collect a FP again)...& on & on.

Has this ever happened to you? If not check out if this is the case for you all (assuming you all want to ride it multiple times).

Have a great time. :hippie:

Thanks Hound. And yes, I've experienced what you are talking about. When we went in October this happened at HMH. The line was 45 min long, but the FP was for 50 min later. So we grabbed a FP, went and rode Splash and Pooh, and came back and rode with a really short line. It's like DUH people! Why wouldn't you take the FP! Oh well, more for me. :banana:

I am DONE with junior year of high school and it feels amazing! :cool1::cool1: So on the first day of summer, I went over to Home Depot and got my LGMH! I'm excited. Less than 2 weeks.

2687261290101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

Oh, I forgot to add that yesterday our tickets came. We bought them from TSA (cause my dad is a teacher so we get some special discount), and they were significantly cheaper. So we bought them for our family and the family that we are going with, BUT apparently when you buy like over $500 worth of stuff from them they add a significant shipping charge, so it cancelled out a decent amount of our savings. My mom said, "If I had known about that, I would have bought them in 2 shifts." Oh well. What can you do now? :confused3

The other day my parents invited one of my brother's friends to come with us (since my brother and my friends from OK don't necessarily connect very well). The first words out of my brother's friend's dad were:
"1) Why would you want to go to Disneyland?
2) Why would you want to take one of your friends?"

:scared1:

This kid's family never goes to amusement/theme parks, but he likes the rides. It's just that he never goes anywhere because the rest of his family does not see the value. I hope he is able to come with us. :banana:

A week 'til I leave, 11 days til DLR!!!! :woohoo:

Single Digit Dance (well like 2 more hours technically) :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Oh, and my brother's friend will be coming with us. I can't wait to show him the wonders of Disneyland. :goodvibes

This was getting far too far down on the page, so I thought I'd say
:dance3::dance3:
6 days!!!

:dance3::dance3:

And I would have made it a different color, but the color thing isn't working???

By the way, I'm sooper excited, if you can't tell. Things that I cannot wait for:

-Trying HoJos for the first time, we got a good AP rate for an NQQ1 Disney view room with nice beds apparently, so that should be exciting.
-Toy Story Midway Mania because the ride is so freakin fun
-Summer Nighttastic!! Even if the dragon isn't working, the fireworks should be fun. Although we will only have 1 night to see whatever shows...so I still don't know which ones we will see.
-Seeing Zach and Christy because they are amazing
-The famous reunion of my stomach and a Dole Whip. Oh how it has been too long.
-And all of the other amazing stuff that is yet to come.

I probably won't have another update for a long time because on Sunday I leave for So. Cal and visiting colleges, then I go to Disneyland Thursday/Friday, then we rush home and I leave for church sleep away camp on Saturday for like 5 days, then I come home and it's 4th of July.....THEN I can start writing another world famous photo TR. Phew....I'm tired just thinking of these next two weeks. :scared1:

Ok now that school is winding down (finals, 4 more days), I'm getting more and more excited! I'm making a tentative itinerary because we only have a limited amount of time.

Sunday, June 21: Me and my mom will drive down to my grandparents and stay there while my brother and dad stay up here.

Monday, 22nd: My mom and I will visit maybe USC or UCLA with a tour

Tuesday, 23rd: We'll visit another school, maybe a little farther away, maybe UCSD.

Wednesday, 24th: Last of our college touring days, and it'll probably be the one that we missed on Monday. Then in the evening we'll pick up my brother and dad from the Long Beach Airport. We'll drive to Anaheim and meet up with our friends from OK. Depending on what time it is, we might have dinner at Fire and Ice (one of our favorite restaurants), the new restaurant at the Gardenwalk. If it's too late, then we'll probably just check in to HoJos and crash for the night.

Thursday, 25th: Get up EARLY (key!) and head to DLR after eating some breakfast in our hotel. Since we won't have MM, we'll hit up Indy and the left side of the park in the morning, grab some FPs, and head over to DCA early. Probably ride Toy Story first (maybe multiple times), ride what we want in DCA, and then hop back to DL. We need to see Fantasmic! and Magical! this night, so we'll attempt to do that also. Then do as much as we can until midnight or until we die and head back to the hotel.

Friday, 26th: Get up EARLY (sense a trend?) and head to DLR blah blah, same morning routine as the previous day. Hit up Fantasyland and Tomorrowland in the morning. Then we can do whatever we want for the rest of our time. I think we will need to leave around 5 :sad1: and we'll drive all the way home.

Sounds way too short, but we will get in as much as possible in those almost 2 days.

Hi there! :yay: Stopping by to check out your pre trippie! I am in !!! popcorn:: Sounds like you have a very productive trip planned. Kudos on the college tour!!! Hope you find the right one for you! And my philosophy on the amount of time spent in Disneyland is ANY time in Disneyland is going to be a GREAT time!!! :banana:

The other day my parents invited one of my brother's friends to come with us (since my brother and my friends from OK don't necessarily connect very well). The first words out of my brother's friend's dad were:
"1) Why would you want to go to Disneyland?
2) Why would you want to take one of your friends?"

:scared1:

This kid's family never goes to amusement/theme parks, but he likes the rides. It's just that he never goes anywhere because the rest of his family does not see the value. I hope he is able to come with us. :banana:

A week 'til I leave, 11 days til DLR!!!! :woohoo:

Wow, I have run into parents like that - my own DH lived about 2 hours from Disneyland and went only ONCE. Sad I know :confused3, but I am here to change all that!!! :tink:

I'm sooooo excited for you - only a few more days till Disneyland!!! :dance3:

Thanks Gidget for stopping by (glad I'm not talking to myself :lmao:)! I'm leaving for my grandparent's house in about 2 hours. DLR in 4 days.

You are almost to Disneyland!!!!!! Do your happy dance!! :dance3: Hope college touring is a blast!!!

Reporting live from the HoJo. The rooms are great. We are going to go grab dinner at Rainforest Cafe (hopefully). We got here around 1:30, so our rooms weren't ready. They gave us pool keys and we swam in the two pools, which was fun. Ok, I'm so excited for tomorrow!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter