August Challenge

yummy 72

Don't be sorry about the school days pages....just think of how fun that album will be at the reunions! My 20 year is this OCt. so I'm going to try and get something together for that.

Also, I use the school days pages as well, but incorporate our "family" memories during that year right in with the school stuff; just add plain white pages inbetween for Halloween pics, Valentine's Day, etc....hey any pages done are good ones!

Just bumping to see how everyone is doing.....and to report in :D
I completed 6 more pages this weekend! So I think I am up to 30....
I am so happy I finally finished our camping trip! It seemed to take foreve to put together!
How is everyone doing?

I'm doing terrible. I haven't done a single page since I finished my MIL's album. I HAVE been getting a lot done around the house and I hope to work with my friend Jacque one day this week. I'll add up my total after that.

I had finished 16 pages at the beginning of the month and then last week I found it hard to find any opportunity to scrap, plus I think I burned myself out a little. But today I was able to finish 3 pages and I would actually like to work on some more, but not sure I will get a chance. We'll see. So my total is 19 pages.

I finished 5 more pages at my weekly crop. That brings me up to 29. I hope to finish these 2 gift books within the next few weeks.

Well, I have to report a BIG FAT ZERO pages done. Garage sale took up too much of my time. Whew! At least that's over with!
I have to start my ds (6) baby album and I needed some inspriation. Anybody got some I could have???;)

Well my scrapbooking days have come to a halt for now. We're packing up our house to sell, hubby wants a little more room so the house goes on the market next week. And since everything has to be lovely to show a house, my scrapbooking stuff gets packed up for now. BUT since I'm only hosting the challenge, it's no a bad thing, maybe we'll get a house where I can actually have a scrapbook space. I can't wait to see how ya'll do and who the winner will be ~ keep us posted:bounce:

You people are crazy! I am proud of myself when I get a few pages done in a week! I have finished six pages for the month of August and was feeling quite proud of myself (until I read this thread!). You guys rock!

I have really been focused on these 2 gift books this month. I finished 6 more pages this week. Total 35. I don't think I have ever done this many pages in this short of time. It was the all day crop on the 3rd that gave me a good start. I am also making 2 identical books which helps the pages go faster.

Well, since I leave for 8 days to WDW in the morning I know I won't get to my scrapbooks before the end of August so I'll be completeing this challenge with a whopping 4 pages! It didn't help that we also took a 7 day camping trip earlier in the month! I'll be up for the next one, that's for sure, since I'll be bringing home a whole new batch of WDW photos to scrap! ;)

My dd8 asked me to scrap with her this afternoon so I forced myself to start ds6's baby album. I got 3 pages done! Now that it's started I should be able to roll right through it. (Yeah right...:rolleyes: )
Anyway, now I can't seem to find the lyrics for "Getting to Know You". My SIL has it on a baby page as a border and I was thinking of doing the same thing. Is it because of the Napster stuff that I can't get the lyrics?

Thanks, Mickey! That's the song but now that I see all thelyrics I can't decide if I should do it. The page I saw only had the "Getting to know you" part. What do y'all think?
Thanks for finding it for me!

I would just use the getting to know you part. Sounds cute. I did a border on a plain white page once wit h just the words depicting what we did on vacation and the people who were there.... ie.... Jack......Jill......roasting marshmallows....... jet skiing.....fishing..... and in between the words, which went all the way around the page, I put a sticker (leaves, marshmallows, a campfire, etc.) In the center of the page I put a 5x7 of the kids' backs taken while they were roasting marshmallows! It is so cute and so easy. I also mounted the photo on some beige and green printed paper with fish and camping things printed on it.(Michael's)

Haven't counted my pages yet for this month, but I've plugging along all month!

"Haven't you noticed
Suddenly I'm bright and breezy
Because of all the beautiful and new
Things I'm learning about you
Day by day."

I don't know; that part could apply to getting to know a baby. You wouldn't have to use the whole song, just maybe a journaling block with some lyrics. That kind of describes the way I feel about my baby now that she's smiling and babbling. Each day, she does something new. But just the title would be great, too!

Now you'd made me want to do a page with that title and lyrics!

I did a layout for my mom, had pics of me as as child with her,she always sang "you are my sunshine" to me so I included the lyrics. Turned our very nice.
Grover in Winnipeg:D

I was really pleased with a sample page for one of my classes this week. It will go in my grandsons book when the class is over. Paper weaving is a technique that I will be including in my techniques class. I wove 3 blues together to give the feel of the ocean. I used it as a side border and floated seagulls over it with pop dots. The photo was of my DGS and DIL with their backs to me looking toward the ocean.
I did the 2 title pages in my two gift books and another 4 pages at my weekly crop today. I think that brings my total to 41.

Well I have 25 pages completed, but regretfully my scrapbooking efforts need to come to a hault for now. I just found out today that my 14 month old son has lead poisoning :(. His levels are at a 12, definitively worth needing to address, but I guess they could be worse.

So 25 will be it for me. Though I won't win the challenge, I definitively feel like 25 is a HUGE accomplishment for me, and I did some of my best pages ever. In fact, It's disheartening to look back on my first pages. Though are not THAT bad, but I do feel like I ruined a LOT of beautiful pictures on some lousy layouts. I will admit that I have found a lot of ideas and inspiration in the layouts at twopeas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter