August Challenge

I'm in, too! I'm just finishing up items for a couple of swaps, and then it's back to work on our May WDW trip album. And of course, there's always the 9 years of family photos I'm behind on if I get *too* efficient! LOL

Wouldn't ya know when I post a challenge I don't end up having time to scrap ~ YET!!! Even though I'm not elligible for the prize since I started it, it was a great incentive to work on my album. I did make it to my local scrapbook store for some more stickers for my son's album (we had no taxweekend :-). I want to spend a couple of hours in the next few days finishing his album, if things will slow down a bit here. I also need to start another new "baby" album for our little puppy we just got. I found the cutest dog/puppy stickers for that project.

Count me in, too. I need to finish an anniversary album that's a gift this week and then I'll go back to my family albums. My scrappin' pal says we're going to meet for the day every other week beginning when school starts (and it starts next week). Maybe I can get caught up this year after all!

So far, this month I've done 5 pages. I'm really working hard on that darned anniversary album trying to get it done by Friday. I'll be SO glad when it's out of my house. I don't want to do my wedding album for a few years! Whew!

I haven't had much time to work in my albums, but I did make 18 paper piecings/topper/tag sets to put up for bid on Ebay. I'm saving to buy Greg a really good birthday present this year. The thing is, I loved each one I made and wanted to keep them for my own albums...I guess I'll be even busier making them again for myself! I hope to have some more time to scrap once school starts.

Keep up the good work everyone!!
Candi

I was able to complete 18 pages at my all day crop on Saturday and I have 4 that are ready to be put together with photos mounted and all the elements made. That is a lot of pages for me to do in one day.

Candi,

What is your Ebay user name? (If you don't mind my asking). Mine is mommymellish. I'd love to take a look at what your doing! And if I'm in the market for something, I'd just as soon give a fellow Disboard user the business!

I ended up completing 3 more pages yesterday...hopefully some more tonight.

Tammy-

My user name is Yummy72 (pretty original huh?) My husband always uses my username to shop/sell golf stuff and he's sure all the golfers are laughing at him. That's been my nickname all my life (Yummy--not the 72 part) b/c my name is Candi. It's intended to be completely innocent although I think sometimes with the way the internet can be it that isn't always so.

My daughter is in VBS every evening this week, so I am really hoping to have a litle time to work on my albums. I would like to get her school album caught up before school starts. That shouldn't take long, I usually do a few pages in it for each grade. He's put me to work this weekend/next week at his store so I doubt I'll get enough done for the challenge, but it's certainly motivating.

Take Care,
Candi

I did 16 pages in my daughter school album today. I am so excited. It is all caught up until next summer. I usually wait until the school year is over and then work in that album over the summer. My goal is always to get the previous year done before the new school year starts. (Nothing like procrastinating--school starts next week!) I'm sure that will be all the scrapping I get done for awhile. DH is putting me to work at his store for about the next 10 days. Maybe once school gets going and we get in a routine I can get back to my regular albums. At least if I'm working at his store I'll have the $ to buy some supplies ;)

Happy Scrappin,
Candi

Candi you scrap like me! I save the kids school year till the end. It just makes it so much easier to do and goes faster. I also do that with their sports/dance albums too.
I hope to do some scrapping today but not sure!

Candi, you are ahead of me. I don't do school albums, but each of my kids have an album that I add to each summer. Right now, I have a pile of pictures and certificates from the past year waiting. They have both been reminding me, but I bet it will be after school begins before I get around to facing the stack of goodies. Right now, I just need to get this anniversary album off my plate. I keep re-doing pages that I don't like. :rolleyes:

Well in hindsight, I probably wouldn't have done a "school album" but I bought those CM school days pages (way before DD even started to school) I try to do a few pages in it for each grade, but it's like the older she gets the more activities and things she has. It goes through 8th grade, but at this rate we will be full before then. I usually put things like school programs/field trips in her regular album and put report cards, certificates, and such in the school album. Either way, I am glad it's done, but that was the easy part compared to everything else that needs to get scrapped. I had all these great intentions for the summer, and here it is...My nephew's album---NOT even started and parents Hawaii album NOT even started. Hopefully when the kids get back in school, I can get on a regular cropping schedule again.

Happy Scrappin,
Candi

WOOOHOOO I just finished my son's elementary school album today :-):bounce: . I had started an album for him when I first started scrapping about 5 years ago, but in an 8X10 album. I put it aside and the years piled up. THEN CM came out with the school pages so I just bought those, took apart the first album which was through 2nd grade (glad I did because I found pictures I had forgotten) then started again. I am now current pre-school through 5th. :-). I have to start a new album for middle school because the other one is so thick. It's so nice finishing an album:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: .

Anyways, I scrapped 6 pages today ~ yeeee haaaa.

Now I have to figure out where to go from here. Back to my son's album he's 11 and I'm still working on infant pictures. Start my daughter's album she's 4 so there's less to catch up on, or finish my family album (which I have to scrap 2 weddings associated showers and other family events) SIGH.

I finished 6 pages at my weekly crop so that brings my grand total up to 24. My own version of speed scrapping is working for these two gift albums so far. I think that I am probably just a bit more then half finished them. I just mailed off my cousins gift album. I can't wait to hear from him when he gets it. He knows I put something in the mail to him but he doesn't know what it is.

My total for August stands at ZERO!~! I haven't had any time to scrap at all!
Hopefully that will change!
Grover in Winnipeg
:)

Oh yea, I'm with Chessie. ZERO! I was mistaken. Instead of who could crop the most pages, I thought the challenge was who could buy the most supplies. I'm doing well there!!!

Pammy Jo, I'm with you :teeth:

An ACMoore just opened up and i had 4 50% off coupons, so I went 4 times in 2 days. Planning more trips this weekend to use the 40% coupons.

Maybe next week I'll finish the 2page baby shower spread I started (my neice is 15 months hehe).

total august pages: 0

I'm brand new here but from what I can figure out....I should say yes, I'm in! I just scrap as much as I can and report in at the end of Aug...... what's the average pages completed so I can have an idea of what to expect?

Welcome twinglefam. We vary up and down on number of completed pages. Sometimes the winner has to struggle to get in the teens and then I remember one time someone went to a big crop and got 45 pages done. Our main objective to our challenges are to cheer each other on and get headed toward completed pages.

I am on a roll! I just finished 23 pages! Yep! I am so pleased but must say I am tired! I started working on them Friday and just finished! Now I have to clean up and put everything away till next Friday!
It feels so good to be putting a dent in my "life" pictures! Weeding out and making little squares out of the pieces! For the front page....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter