August Challenge

MiknMinMouse

DIS Veteran
Since there are only two days until August ~ I thought I'd go ahead and post the August Challenge. I'll be providing the prize this time and hopefully this month's winner will start the September Challenge and award a prize. I'll send out Disney stickers, since I'm going at the end of Sept.Hopefully whoever wins won't mind waiting ~ you can even give me an idea of which pack of stickers you'd like me to look for :Pinkbounc .
(anyone game for setting a spending limit so the prizes are pretty even for each month? say $5 or so)

I've been working on my son's school album so I'm going to continue that this month and if I finish that, go back to my son's regular album.

All who want to join in just post here. Be sure to keep updating us with what you're doing. The most single pages scrapped wins (that means completely fnished pages) :-)

I'm in, though really I'll probably get very little done since I'm gearing up for a garage sale and may be leaving town for a few days.
Just look out for me in September though...LOL!!!
Oh, and I think setting a spending limit is a good idea.

Count me in! I am getting together with a friend on Friday for an all day scrap! SOunds like fun!

I've been lurking for a long time and have just been waiting for a challenge to join in on. Count me in! I'm soooo behind on my scrapbooks that it's not even funny! :rolleyes: This should give me some motivation to work on them. I am determined to get a bunch done before we leave WDW at the end of August .

Happy Scrapping!

Ooooh, I want in too! Do we post pictures of the pages in the end or just give you a final count? I'm really new to this whole challenge thing.

So nice to see "newbies" joining in! (those of you with low post counts!)
Welcome:

My~Rumbly~Tumbly

Figment1964

We've got a great group so far!!!

For the question about posting the page, we never have before, we just use the honor system and at the end of the month we each post how many completed (single side) pages we've done. The one who completes the most wins the challenge and receives the prize, then typically the winner starts the challenge for the next month, then so on. We did pretty good last fall, but I think the holidays got everyone off track.

Since no one objects I suggest that we set the prize limit to $5, that will buy some nice stickers or whatever, that way with postage the cost is under $10 total.

Happy scrappin'. Don't forget to update us on your progress and what you're working on.

I'm in too, although I'm not sure how much I'll get done this month. It will be an incentive to work though. Thanks!

I have only two weeks to get ready for the family's 1st time trip to Disneyland. We usually go to World, but been wanting to see where it all began.

I am sure I will have tons of pics to scrap when I return(not that
I don't already.

Count me in as well. I'm going to really try to get to work on finishing last summer's Disney album.

Lisa

I am such a slow scrapper that I usually get into the challenges just to bring up the rear. I will be attending an all day crop this Saturday and I am going to try speed scrapping. Let the scrappen' begin.

Originally posted by chessie
I am such a slow scrapper that I usually get into the challenges just to bring up the rear. I will be attending an all day crop this Saturday and I am going to try speed scrapping. Let the scrappen' begin.

If it helps, I'm pretty sure that I'll be bringing up the rear on this one...We're going on a camping trip for a week starting next Wednesday, I've got my multiple day high school class reunion (20 years, how can that possibly be?!?) in 2 weeks and then we go to WDW on the 24th for 8 days. Might not have been the best timing for me to join but I'll give it a shot!

I finished 2 pages yesterday! I really thought I would have finished at least 4! But....I love the way they turned out! WOuldn't be great if I did 2 a day! LOL!

I did so many pages in July, I think I'm starting to feel worn out, but I'm going to keep going....

I finished 4 pages yesterday and 4 the day before, so 8 for me!!!!
I wished I knew how to work with the embellishments though. It would for sure slow me down, but I'm totally envious of those who can do it and do it so well.

Alright . . .count me in too. I'm hoping to get this year's Disney album done. That way I can work on previous years - I just got into scrapping!

My husband kept asking me today why I wasn't scrapbooking and so I took his suggestion and managed to get 4 pages done! Whoo hoo! Now we'll see if I can get the rest done for that trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter