August 24th 2012 Cruise to the Bahamas!!!!

Hi all,

We're booked on this cruise too! Haven't told the kids yet either but I think I'm going to have to since I hate keeping this new to myself. Why oh why is it taking so long getting here. :goodvibes

Welcome to the gang. How old are the kids? My kids keep asking me, "Mom, when are we going on the Disney Cruise?" I have to explain not until Dillon finishes 2nd grade and Trevor finishes Kindergarten. LOL:yay:

My DS will be 16 and my DD will be 14. Hard to believe and makes us feel quite old. :lmao: It will be the last trip our DS can take with us as he will be going into grade 12 and then off to university. He wants to go to medical school and if that's the case I'm sure he'll be far too busy to hang out with his elderly mom and dad. :rotfl:

Oh yeah and it's nice to see everyone hitting the big 4-0. But I'll be *cough* hitting the big 5-0 this fall while my DH will be hitting the big 6-0. Yikes!

My DS will be 16 and my DD will be 14. Hard to believe and makes us feel quite old. :lmao: It will be the last trip our DS can take with us as he will be going into grade 12 and then off to university. He wants to go to medical school and if that's the case I'm sure he'll be far too busy to hang out with his elderly mom and dad. :rotfl:
Medical school, well good for him!!! We have a few teens in our group as well. I am sure they will have a ball!!

Glad you will still be sailing with us. Haven't lost anyone to the Magic...yet. I agree, Dream or Fantasy and we would probably switch too!

Well you did not lose us to the Magic, but we did book a NYC Canada cruise for July as well. We are still doing this cruise since it is my husband's 40th birthday present. I just could not resist a cruise so close to home without having to deal with airfare.

Looking forward to next summer!

Glad you will still be sailing with us. Haven't lost anyone to the Magic...yet. I agree, Dream or Fantasy and we would probably switch too!

Sorry but I guess I'm the first one from the thread to jump ship.:guilty: We weren't going to switch but I just found connecting rooms on the Magic, 3 more nights, and no flying with my little one.:worship: Just too tempting to pass up. I've also never been on any DCL ship so the Magic will be new to me, and I told DH that we'll try the Dream or Fantasy on our next trip.:thumbsup2

Enjoy the cruise and the aquaduck!:goodvibes

Sorry but I guess I'm the first one from the thread to jump ship.:guilty: We weren't going to switch but I just found connecting rooms on the Magic, 3 more nights, and no flying with my little one.:worship: Just too tempting to pass up. I've also never been on any DCL ship so the Magic will be new to me, and I told DH that we'll try the Dream or Fantasy on our next trip.:thumbsup2

Enjoy the cruise and the aquaduck!:goodvibes
Sorry to see you go but I am sure you will have a great time on the Magic! We sailed her twice and enjoyed both trips!!

Well, we booked this a couple of months ago. As it stands now, it will be a total of 15 of us in 4 rooms. Trying to get 2 others in 1 room to join the group. Age ranges from 10 to 60. Looking forward to the new ship.

BTW, also booked on the 11/20/2011 MR Cruise and this thread is a bit more active than that thread. Don't know why.

Just wanted to say a quick Hello. I have been reading about FE gifts and such and I am soooooo excited about this cruise. It is so far away and the way I talk about it you would think we are going this Aug :rotfl:

Hi

We are looking at booking this on our Magic Med. cruise in July. It seems such a long way off, but the plan is to do a week at WDW and then pick up this cruise, before flying back home.

We are Myself, Other Half and our dd who will be nearly 8 at the time of cruising - wow that sounds weird, she is only 6 now! We live in the UK and did two Med. cruises last year and the Wonder back in 2008 from Florida.

Hoping things won't change, but if DCL go back to the Med in 2013, we may move the cruise and be jumping ship :eek:

I must admit, I am a bit worried about such a large ship, we love the intimacy of the Magic and the 'old world' feel.

Kate

Hi

We are looking at booking this on our Magic Med. cruise in July. It seems such a long way off, but the plan is to do a week at WDW and then pick up this cruise, before flying back home.

We are Myself, Other Half and our dd who will be nearly 8 at the time of cruising - wow that sounds weird, she is only 6 now! We live in the UK and did two Med. cruises last year and the Wonder back in 2008 from Florida.

Hoping things won't change, but if DCL go back to the Med in 2013, we may move the cruise and be jumping ship :eek:

I must admit, I am a bit worried about such a large ship, we love the intimacy of the Magic and the 'old world' feel.

Kate
Hi Kate! Have an awesome trip on the Magic in August!! If it helps any, my friend Scott and his family sailed on the Dream in May and have already booked again for October.
Said it exceded all their expectations!!!

Hope you join the party!

LOL, just late to the Board, I started the thread on Cruise Critic when I booked, forgot about this one, silly me.

We are from Woodhaven, Queens, and the rest of the group we have Richmond Hill, Ozone Park, and Glendale, and then a few from Brooklyn, Staten Island and a couple from Pittsburgh. How about you guys???

We will be on the cruise too. So far we are at about 16 cabins with 41 people total. We are from Long Island and Staten Island.

I've kind of lost count how many cabins I have going now.... But... something like 10 ?

We're all from NY as well. Staten Island, Long Island (various towns represented), and the Bronx.

As far as kids.... I'm not sure exactly the youngest ... I think my son will be the youngest at 6.... and my daughter will be the oldest in the group at 15 (Lord help me). Parents are from 40 - mid 50's... So... Watch out for us...

:rolleyes2
(I fear my bar bill)

(lovedvc... is that you Vik?)

I've kind of lost count how many cabins I have going now.... But... something like 10 ?

We're all from NY as well. Staten Island, Long Island (various towns represented), and the Bronx.

As far as kids.... I'm not sure exactly the youngest ... I think my son will be the youngest at 6.... and my daughter will be the oldest in the group at 15 (Lord help me). Parents are from 40 - mid 50's... So... Watch out for us...

:rolleyes2
(I fear my bar bill)

(lovedvc... is that you Vik?)
Sounds like our gang, although we do have a couple of younger ones. My younger son will be 5 and he is the youngest of the boys, but there will be a 2 and a 4 year old girl in our crowd as well. Oldest in our gang for the kids will also be 15 I believe! With a very few exceptions, most of the Mom's and Dad's will also be in their 40's.

I think it is going to be a great crowd on board!! Still working on adding to the goup, but the price increases since we booked have been steep!

See.... I guess I have no clue who booked from your side...

I counted us (I have 2 cabins.... Sue 1), the Savino clan + Donna (3 cabins), You, D&E, and then my old work friend (she has 4 cabins I think). So... 12 cabins... Who else is coming?

What should we bring Saturday?

Bam... Regarding the prices... I KNOW!!!! When we booked, cat 8D was $905 pp for the first 2 passengers.... Now its like $1370 pp for the first 2. I guess in the end it's us that are going to laugh when others are booking for $500 + pp more than we did... HA!

:dance3:

Vik... I'm laughing at your sig... How in the heck can you remember all that? I've been going to Disney since I was a kid... but there's no way in hell I'd be able to remember the years and/or the places we stayed... lol

See.... I guess I have no clue who booked from your side...

I counted us (I have 2 cabins.... Sue 1), the Savino clan + Donna (3 cabins), You, D&E, and then my old work friend (she has 4 cabins I think). So... 12 cabins... Who else is coming?

What should we bring Saturday?

Bam... Regarding the prices... I KNOW!!!! When we booked, cat 8D was $905 pp for the first 2 passengers.... Now its like $1370 pp for the first 2. I guess in the end it's us that are going to laugh when others are booking for $500 + pp more than we did... HA!

:dance3:

Vik... I'm laughing at your sig... How in the heck can you remember all that? I've been going to Disney since I was a kid... but there's no way in hell I'd be able to remember the years and/or the places we stayed... lol

Dave, my girlfriend booked 2 cabins totaling 5 people. How could I possibly forget all the trips I've made to Disney every one was of course Magical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter