August 24th 2012 Cruise to the Bahamas!!!!

Hello all! We have been booked for ages now, but I forgot all about this board!! I started a thread on Cruise Critic. :cloud9: Have not been over hear since our last cruise on the Magic (sailed her twice)

At the moment there are 38 of us joining you, but we may just have a few more by sailing time.

We will have kids from ages 4 to 16 with us but in my immediate family it is me (Linda) DH (Derrick) and DS's (Dillon will be 8) and (Trevor will turn 5 two days before we board)

We have our Fish Extender from the last trip. It was fun and the kids loved it but not sure we want to drag so much extra stuff this time, maybe though!!!

Would LOVE to keep up on any meets planned.

Sorry for joining so late.

Hello all! We have been booked for ages now, but I forgot all about this board!! I started a thread on Cruise Critic. :cloud9: Have not been over hear since our last cruise on the Magic (sailed her twice)

At the moment there are 38 of us joining you, but we may just have a few more by sailing time.

We will have kids from ages 4 to 16 with us but in my immediate family it is me (Linda) DH (Derrick) and DS's (Dillon will be 8) and (Trevor will turn 5 two days before we board)

We have our Fish Extender from the last trip. It was fun and the kids loved it but not sure we want to drag so much extra stuff this time, maybe though!!!

Would LOVE to keep up on any meets planned.

Sorry for joining so late.

Joining so late? We're only closing in on the 500-day mark...which is in about 2 weeks - but who's counting? :goodvibes

Where in NY are you from?

Joining so late? We're only closing in on the 500-day mark...which is in about 2 weeks - but who's counting? :goodvibes

Where in NY are you from?
LOL, just late to the Board, I started the thread on Cruise Critic when I booked, forgot about this one, silly me.

We are from Woodhaven, Queens, and the rest of the group we have Richmond Hill, Ozone Park, and Glendale, and then a few from Brooklyn, Staten Island and a couple from Pittsburgh. How about you guys???

Hello Dreamers, just found this site from a post on this cruise on the cruisecritic.com boards. My wife, Cheri and I are taking our daughter (Mandy), son-in-law (TJ) and our grandson (Henry) on this cruise for Henry's third birthday. Also going on the cruise will be Henry's paternal grandparents, Mary Ann and Richard from Seaside, NJ and Henry's great aunt Shirley, my sister, who lives in the Baltimore area as do I. First time on Disney although we have cruised on several lines but mostly celebrity.

Cannot believe the popularity of these cruises, the price of our cabin category has gone up about $500 since we booked in January. Looking forward to the experience!

Bud

LOL, just late to the Board, I started the thread on Cruise Critic when I booked, forgot about this one, silly me.

We are from Woodhaven, Queens, and the rest of the group we have Richmond Hill, Ozone Park, and Glendale, and then a few from Brooklyn, Staten Island and a couple from Pittsburgh. How about you guys???

No kidding? We're an Ozone Park family ourselves. I've been here all my life except for a few years in Howard Beach right after we were married. DW grew up in Richmond Hill.

No kidding? We're an Ozone Park family ourselves. I've been here all my life except for a few years in Howard Beach right after we were married. DW grew up in Richmond Hill.

No way...............I actually forgot, a few Howard Beach folks too, LOL.
I have lived in Woodhaven since 1969.

My home email is : Bambisim@aol.com, we will have to "meet" a bit more before sailing!

Most of us in my group are going to fly down to Orlando on 08/22 and spend 2 nights at Disney pre-cruise. 8/22 will be my son Trevor's 5th birthday so....what a place to party, right?:woohoo:

No way...............I actually forgot, a few Howard Beach folks too, LOL.
I have lived in Woodhaven since 1969.

My home email is : Bambisim@aol.com, we will have to "meet" a bit more before sailing!

Most of us in my group are going to fly down to Orlando on 08/22 and spend 2 nights at Disney pre-cruise. 8/22 will be my son Trevor's 5th birthday so....what a place to party, right?:woohoo:

Truly is a small world...and that is some large group you have going. Who knows? We may have already crossed paths with someone in your group somewhere along the way. We've been trying to recruit some others to go also. They all act interested, but no one is ready to commit yet. I try to explain that with a Disney cruise you cannot wait forever.

Being fom NY the odds are always decent there are people you know where ever you go. Happened on our only other Disney cruise (back in 2000) - we ended up at the same table for dinner with a couple from Howard Beach who recognized me from where I used to work in the neighborhood.

We haven't figured out what we will do pre/post cruise yet - although I'm leaning towards Universal and Sea World as we did WDW last year and are going again this year (but we have plenty of time to sort that out).

Truly is a small world...and that is some large group you have going. Who knows? We may have already crossed paths with someone in your group somewhere along the way. We've been trying to recruit some others to go also. They all act interested, but no one is ready to commit yet. I try to explain that with a Disney cruise you cannot wait forever.

Being fom NY the odds are always decent there are people you know where ever you go. Happened on our only other Disney cruise (back in 2000) - we ended up at the same table for dinner with a couple from Howard Beach who recognized me from where I used to work in the neighborhood.

We haven't figured out what we will do pre/post cruise yet - although I'm leaning towards Universal and Sea World as we did WDW last year and are going again this year (but we have plenty of time to sort that out).
Yes, very possible we may have already met, especially if you worked in the neighborhood!

We have a few more cabins looking to add, but the rates already went up quite a bit so....

We are now at 16 cabins and 51 people, woo hoo!
I am thinking however, that since the last cabins my TA had saved at the old rate are now gone, we may grow no more. :0(

;)

There is a chance I may re-think this cruise. With Disney supposedly about to announce tomorrow that they will be doing some cruises out of New York starting in 2012...I'll have to check those out and see if that makes more sense (especially since there may be an 8-night Bahamas cruise departing 8/25/2012). Certainly would be nice not to have to fly down to Florida. The downside is, the cruises will be on the Magic, and we certainly want to try the new ships.

I have been waiting to see what rumors may or may not be true as well. Would love to save on airfare and not have to fly, but really want to sail on the Dream.

Have sailed on the Magic twice and enjoyed both times, but vs. the Dream.....

Hoping a big chunk of my crowd does not "jump ship" to avoid flying.

Typically NY sailings tend to be so much pricier to start out with so maybe that will save us!

:confused:

I did not realize the Magic is supposed to go to Galveston as her Home Port after these sailings.

Guess we will wait and see, my TA said the official announcment is supposed to be today at 1??

I did not realize the Magic is supposed to go to Galveston as her Home Port after these sailings.

Guess we will wait and see, my TA said the official announcment is supposed to be today at 1??
OK, I read the email wrong, tomorrow is the announcement, wondering if it will be anything different than what was already leaked. :0)

After discussing it with the wife, it looks like we're sticking with this cruise. If it were the Dream or Fantasy sailing out of NYC, we probably would have switched.

Glad you will still be sailing with us. Haven't lost anyone to the Magic...yet. I agree, Dream or Fantasy and we would probably switch too!

Has anyone done a Disney cruise before with a three year old or observed how children that young react to the Oceaneers Club? Hoping our grandson will not too young to enjoy the experience.

We sailed on the Magic when my son Dillon was three. He loved it, but only if we were there with him, woudl not consider staying without us. But he had never been in daycare or preschool at that point. When my son Trevor was just three we sailed on the EPIC. The kids club was great but not as awesome as Disney's. Trevor ran right in and could not wait to go after dinner every night!

Now they are 3 1/2 and 6, and both of them cannot wait to get into the Oceaneer's Club and Lab.

Thanks for the reply Lin. Our daughter is considering some day care for Henry and maybe that will help. He recently high fived the Easter Bunny at the mall so he is getting to meet characters.

Thanks for the reply Lin. Our daughter is considering some day care for Henry and maybe that will help. He recently high fived the Easter Bunny at the mall so he is getting to meet characters.
I bet Henry will do just fine!! Dillon had only been with my mother inlaw before she had her stroke, and one babysitter who was already very close to the family before she died suddenly. (childcare has been challenging) Since then, they have been exposed to plenty, and they both love any activities involving other kids/teachers/counselors, etc. We are now again blessed with not one but two wonderful babysitters on different days and times!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter