August 24th 2012 Cruise to the Bahamas!!!!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

We are going too! We are celebrating our 40th birthdays. Hubby will turn 40 on the cruise and I turn 40 the following week. So far we are planning a Universal/Sea World vacation for the week before, and maybe some time after the cruise at the WDW.

Cruising is myself (Patty), DH (Mike), DD (Emily 11), and DD (Taryn 8). This is our 4th cruise. We are doing Alaska this summer on the Wonder.

Hi, just wanted to say that we've booked too!

My DH and I as well as our DD and DS who will be 9 and almost 6 when we sail respectively.

We also have another family sailing with us who have 3 girls.

We're so looking forward to it!

We are near Toronto, Canada and do plan on at least a few days/week before at the parks too. Looking to rent DVC for BLT or BCV. We never plan this far out, so it'll be nice to pick a resort that is hard to get!

We've cruised before but not with the kids!

Lynn

My name is April and I'm new to Disboards. We are booked on the Dream for Aug. 24, 2012 as well. We just went on our first Disney cruise Nov. 2010 on the Wonder and loved it so much we booked another while we were onboard. We weren't able to dock on Castaway Cay due to high winds. That's why we chose a cruise with two stops, so we could make up for lost play time! I have three boys who enjoyed the cruise as well. They will be 12, 10, and 7 at cruise time.

My name is April and I'm new to Disboards. We are booked on the Dream for Aug. 24, 2012 as well. We just went on our first Disney cruise Nov. 2010 on the Wonder and loved it so much we booked another while we were onboard. We weren't able to dock on Castaway Cay due to high winds. That's why we chose a cruise with two stops, so we could make up for lost play time! I have three boys who enjoyed the cruise as well. They will be 12, 10, and 7 at cruise time.

Hi April. Welcome aboard. :welcome:
Glad you found the DCL forum and hope you spend lots of time here getting to know other guests and asking lots of questions. Love, Mom
(I'm April's DMIL - she's married to my son.) :thumbsup2

I'm sorta celebrating my 40th on this cruise too.... (Nov 2011)...

(I got to choose the cruise... so... this is my 40th cruise).

We just booked this cruise. Gotta admit, I don't like booking anything this far in advance, but with DCL I guess you have no choice. If anything, it leaves plent of time to plan what to do before or after the cruise. Maybe Seaworld & Universal as we did WDW last year and going back in Aug this year.

DW and I will also be celebrating our 40ths in 2012 (albeit a few months before the cruise). It will be our 2nd Disney cruise - the first was in 2000, so it almost doesn't count. It will be the first Disney cruise for the kids who will be 10 (DS) & 7 (DD) at the time we set sail :scared1:. Their only other cruise was the Nickelodeon cruise on Royal Caribbean in Aug '09 which was a blast.

I'm on it too! Looks like quite a few of us are hitting the big 4-0 in 2012, mine is in June BUT Aug 24th will be my 13th anniversary. Dh and I have a 12 y.o. dd and a 9 y.o. son (ages at cruisetime) 2 other familes are joining us and they each have 12 y.o. girls and 8 y.o. boys. All the kids go to school together and us parents have become good friends.

This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise and 1st time on the Dream :cloud9: can't wait!

Hello I have justed booked this cruise for my family.
It will be my DH, My sister , DS16 & DD 14. It will be my families 3rd cruise and my sisters 1st. I really wanted to go in 2011 but my DD uses a wheelchair and I could not get an accessible room in 2011 .Our last cruise was in 2006 and I am really looking foward to cruising again!!!!

The cruise is still too far away! However I am determined to keep myself occupied with Disney stuff by making a Fish Extender for our door. I've seen lots of pictures and I think I can do it. However, I'm not sure how one gets involved in doing the Fish Extender gift exchange stuff. Is it too early to start planning it?? Do I go to a different thread for that stuff? Thanks for your help!

April
:yay::hourglass

The cruise is still too far away! However I am determined to keep myself occupied with Disney stuff by making a Fish Extender for our door. I've seen lots of pictures and I think I can do it. However, I'm not sure how one gets involved in doing the Fish Extender gift exchange stuff. Is it too early to start planning it?? Do I go to a different thread for that stuff? Thanks for your help!

April
:yay::hourglass

It is a little early to plan because so many people change their trips. In past cruises i have been on the FE planning took place within the cruise meet thread.
happy planning :)

I booked this cruise yesterday and we are soooo excited. Haven't told the kids yet though. Trying to decide if we want to save the surprise for Christmas, but I don't think that I'll be able to keep my mouth shut for that long.

First cruise for all of us :cool1: and my DS will be turning 9 during the sailing.

Hi, I just booked our first ever cruise for August 24, 2012. It will be me, husband, son 7 and daughter 4 the day the cruise leaves.

We have never been on a cruise so any info would be great on what to expect and what to do.

Looking foward to two stops at Castaway Cay

I did not book airfare with the cruise, can definitely get it cheaper. We will plan on flying down the day before, staying at a hotel near the port and then flying back the day after. Who knows maybe we will add on a couple days at Disney World :)

We are booked on this cruise as well! It will be me and my 3 kids who at time of sailing will be ds9, ds7 and dd4. My IL's will probably be coming too as well as my gf and her Dh and 3 kids. We leave on the Wonder this Sunday and plan on booking everyone's room then and rebooking mine for the discount.

Right now our first thought is to go to the Atlantis for a week and then do the cruise. FIL's timeshare only allows him to go to the Atlantis every 4 years and 2012 is the next time we can go. He said since we are already paying to fly across country for the cruise, it might make sense to the the Atlantis the week before. Sounds good to me except I HATE boarding my dog for a week so I am not sure I can do it for 13 days or so. So we'll see!

I'm so excited that there will be so many others that have kids the same ages!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter