*August 2019 check in*

I splurged on new luggage (it was time) and now we’ve got two giant suitcases so I can bring everything but the kitchen sink if I want.
We just got new luggage too- my big suitcase was damaged beyond repair after a trip to back to my hometown earlier this year. I almost got Disney themed ones, but we ended up getting hardside luggage but I like to think it is Diseny-esk in that they are pink and blue (make it pink, make it blue... I love Sleeping Beauty)! :jumping1:

We just got new luggage too- my big suitcase was damaged beyond repair after a trip to back to my hometown earlier this year. I almost got Disney themed ones, but we ended up getting hardside luggage but I like to think it is Diseny-esk in that they are pink and blue (make it pink, make it blue... I love Sleeping Beauty)! :jumping1:
I love my hardsided cases, but if I seen some disney one I might be tempted. Now we are taking a trip with my daughter and her bf in January and they don't have any luggage so maybe just maybe that is a good enough excuse hehe

We have narrowed down our reservations for meals this weekend.

Still waiting to see if there will be some sort of package for the Electrical Parade or not. Wish they would release the times on the calendar.

Oga's Cantina -August 1st will try to make day of reservation on our layover that morning
WoC Dessert Party - August 1st
Carthay Circle - August 2nd Lunch
Lamplight Lounge - August 4th 2:35 pm or 4:00pm *need to decide on this soon*

My first day will be August 18, and I am glad to hear that HM will still be operating. I recall that either last year, or maybe 2017, I got to see it on the last day before shutdown. It will be important to get into SWGE before the AP hordes get unblocked, but even so, I've got a weakness for the classics.:worship:

Those are amazing!!! Hubby would kill me if I showed up with a set of Mickey bags but how cute!!!!

They’re so fun- I just couldn’t resist! My old luggage I had found at a thrift store and used for years so figured it was time to feel fancy. They’re almost too pretty I don’t want to use them!

I love my hardsided cases, but if I seen some disney one I might be tempted.

They have them in hard sided too! It’s the American Tourister brand and I saw the hard side versions on Amazon too. 😍

I also just bought new suitcases! Just regular ol red hardside but soooo nice!! Better than my old 12 year old set!! 5 more weeks!!! Can't wait!! Hoping the CA early closure on the 15th doesn't make our day hectic. I only have a few reservations - Goofy's kitchen for dinner on our arrival night, Storytellers' brunch, and lunch at Lamplight lounge for my bday :)

We have quite the huge list of dining reservations but part of that is we’re coming with first timers.

We’re doing the WOC dessert party, Carthay Circle, Blue Bayou Fantasmic! package, Carnation Cafe, Lamplight Lounge, and Cafe Orleans!

We usually pack the week before, but I did buy myself two fans (one misting fan and a small one I can hang around my neck—I know from past August trips that the heat can get intense). I’ve also started to contemplate footwear. I never did flip flops in the parks before, but I got a new pair of croc flip flops with good arch support that could work well—I have chronic ankle issues, so picking the right shoes is crucial for me.

No reservations here—but I’m starting to go into my pre-Disney type A mega-planner mode... off to create charts to start collecting wait times so I have data for running the statistical analysis that’ll underlie our touring plan.

I’ll share here what I find out, so those of you as obsessed with planning as I am can benefit from my craziness, too.
:)

I’ll share here what I find out, so those of you as obsessed with planning as I am can benefit from my craziness, too.
Yes. I would love to see what you find.

I have Sketcher slip on flip flops that are really comfy. I usually use those in the afternoons after our break.

I have some cooling towels we are bringing. DD will probably want a misting fan but I usually let her get a fun one when we get to the parks. Last year in Aug we were in San Antonio, TX and went to SeaWorld. I’ll take the CA heat over 95 and high humidity.

So it looks like the hours for Mon, Tues (Aug 19 & 20) are back to being early. Do you think Disney is anticipating larger crowds? I’m on Monday more passholders are allowed in the parks. It’s just strange since the week prior the hours are cut back. We will visit SWGE on Sun and hopefully it won’t be so bad.

So it looks like the hours for Mon, Tues (Aug 19 & 20) are back to being early. Do you think Disney is anticipating larger crowds? I’m on Monday more passholders are allowed in the parks. It’s just strange since the week prior the hours are cut back. We will visit SWGE on Sun and hopefully it won’t be so bad.
Yes, I think the expect much higher crowd levels since the annual pass blackout ends plus D23 is happening the following weekend which will be a big draw.

We have quite the huge list of dining reservations but part of that is we’re coming with first timers.

We’re doing the WOC dessert party, Carthay Circle, Blue Bayou Fantasmic! package, Carnation Cafe, Lamplight Lounge, and Cafe Orleans!

Those are all great choices.!!! I have only been to the Carthay lounge so am looking forward to going into the actual dining area

We usually pack the week before, but I did buy myself two fans (one misting fan and a small one I can hang around my neck—I know from past August trips that the heat can get intense). I’ve also started to contemplate footwear. I never did flip flops in the parks before, but I got a new pair of croc flip flops with good arch support that could work well—I have chronic ankle issues, so picking the right shoes is crucial for me.

No reservations here—but I’m starting to go into my pre-Disney type A mega-planner mode... off to create charts to start collecting wait times so I have data for running the statistical analysis that’ll underlie our touring plan.

Sounds like I got the same fans, does the small mister one have a clip on it? I found them at one of our drug stores and was so excited haha

I love planning, my daughter (22) asked me to make a list of what she needs to take so she doesn't over pack.... haha I am the worst over packer but today I will work on our packing list so we don't pack double of things like shampoo etc

Please share the craziness!!! I spent a couple of hours this weekend watching packing videos....and we go to DL every year and I already have a packing list, but I just can't help myself! :rolleyes1

The problem with driving to Disneyland is that I can over pack to my hearts content!! I'll probably bring a big suitcase for 3 days. LOL I'd love to see people's packing lists. I need to practice not over packing for my 7 day trip to WDW in December

Last time we went there was basically 4 adults as the older kids are the same size as adults and DD was 9. She slept in the chair that pulled out into a bed but most nights ended up in bed with me because she was to cold being next to the AC.

The room we had was large enough for us to set out our luggage so we could live out of those while the girls used the dresser. There was also storage in the closet area where we kept food and water. I ordered food online from a local supermarket for delivery. We got breakfast items, snacks, water, etc. I had room for a styrofoam cooler where I kept water cold using the hotel ice machine.

I also liked that the sink was separated from the shower toilet so that made it quicker for all of us to get ready in the AM.

We were on the backside of the hotel and I was worried about freeway noise but we didn’t hear a thing or we were so exhausted we slept through it. Since the rooms have a open balcony a couple of nights we went to the top floor and watched the fireworks from the hotel. Not sure if we were supposed to do this as these are the “premium” rooms but no one else was out side watching with us.

Do you think there would be space for a pack and play in the room if the twin sofa bed is pulled out? I have a toddler that I'd love to keep contained but i know my 3 bigger kids will want to take turns sleeping in their own bed.

I splurged on new luggage (it was time) and now we’ve got two giant suitcases so I can bring everything but the kitchen sink if I want.

Those are SO cute!

Do you think there would be space for a pack and play in the room if the twin sofa bed is pulled out? I have a toddler that I'd love to keep contained but i know my 3 bigger kids will want to take turns sleeping in their own bed.

Those are SO cute!
Our room had 2 queen beds and a chair that folded out to be a bed. I'm not sure if a pack and play would fit or it might fit but it would be pretty cramped. Sounds like you have a queen bed and then a sleeper sofa.

I have to laugh at all these packing stories......I just went through this with my newly adult daughter. Last weekend I dropped her off for a 6 week summer dance program. She will be living at Portland State U (which is in the city). I didn't pack the trunk but it was FULL. Again we are in the city......there is no street parking. We had to park in the parking garage and schlep all the luggage and bags up to the dorm. The one suitcase was so heavy it would barely roll. I was helping her unpack and I was like did you bring enough clothes so that you don't need to do laundry for 6 weeks? Granted she had half a suitcase of leo's and tights but still! Then I told her we had to have a serious talk before she packs for Disney. I'm going back to visit her in a week and she told me I can take half of the stuff home because she doesn't need it. :badpc:

My packing list is insane. Or really I’m just insane. I even plan my outfits with what we’re doing each day. Like oh gee we might meet Captain America this day I better wear my Marvel tank. 😂

I always overpack hence the giant two suitcases for just me and my son to share!

I do the same thing with clothing. Breakfast with minnie? Better wear a Minnie outfit. Doing BBB and visiting princesses? Kids get princessed out and I need to put on a matching tank. Oh and all 4 kids plus Mom need to coordinate and/or match. Also, we cannot reuse outfits from past trips so I can always tell what year the pictures are from based on the outfits. 🤣 And I'm allergic to paying full price for clothing so I need to buy it on sale. Lol. Its like disney OCD. I've just barely started planning outfits for next month. Eek.

We normally drive with 6 people, 2 huge suitcases, a box of shoes and various other bags. Plus a pack n play and double stroller. We're flying this time and I'm worried I'll have to much stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter