• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*August 2019 check in*

I would bet there are less tours being offered in August due to the low crowds. I just saw a post earlier about Disneyland freezing their hiring, reducing operating hours, reducing staff and instructing managers to cut costs. Maybe there will be more tours after the AP blockout is lifted on August 19th.
That's what I am thinking. Ah well Fantasmic dining package here we come!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this! I am jealous of all the new suitcases. Mine are so old- they were a graduation gift from high school, and I'm now 41. My husband just had a cloth duffle bag when we got married, and we've never bought anything else. I really need to upgrade. But now I know what suitcases I will buy when mine are totally dead- they have held up amazingly well.

Anyway, I've been spending my cash on new clothes, new shoes, and packing cubes instead. And of course, it's a wardrobe to match what we're doing each day- haha! I've also been watching videos of Marie Kondo packing bags, so I can practice squeezing it all in!
What are packing cubes. Maybe it’s possible the 3 of us can share a suitcase and save $25

Anyway, I've been spending my cash on new clothes, new shoes, and packing cubes instead.

I am loving how many people also plan their outfits and buy new clothes! It’s not just me! 😂 I’ve found lots of cute Disney tanks at Hot Topic which surprised me! I like Etsy for my Minnie ears but I’ve bad luck with many of those screen printing tanks just not fitting in a ‘flattering’ way so I gave up haha. We did do a trip shirt for our group so I am pretty excited for that!

What are packing cubes. Maybe it’s possible the 3 of us can share a suitcase and save $25
I have some packing cubes and they work well to keep organized. Mine are like a nylon material with mesh tops. Google on amazon and they will show lots. I think I got my for first set at Walmart.

Same here! I’m down in the Puyallup area, and waiting for summer to kick in. All this grey & rain is bumming me out! We get enough of that the rest of the year.
I'm also in WA state but on the east side in Spokane Valley. We have sun but it's way cooler than normal. Today was like 70 and humid instead of the normal 85 and dry.

I sincerely hope the state isn't on fire in August like it has been the past few years. Last year we went to Disneyland the week before Labor Day which was the worst smoker air in Spokane and in fact in the entire country. It's nice to be able to breathe when you go outside.

Where do you guys fly into? We're booking flights tomorrow and can't decide between Burbank, LAX or San Diego. We're way more familiar with San Diego since we have family there and usually drive a ton but I know it's not super close. For reference, I'll be flying along with 4 kids ages 11, 9, 7, and 3 and renting a car to get to Disneyland.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this! I am jealous of all the new suitcases. Mine are so old- they were a graduation gift from high school, and I'm now 41. My husband just had a cloth duffle bag when we got married, and we've never bought anything else. I really need to upgrade. But now I know what suitcases I will buy when mine are totally dead- they have held up amazingly well.

Anyway, I've been spending my cash on new clothes, new shoes, and packing cubes instead. And of course, it's a wardrobe to match what we're doing each day- haha! I've also been watching videos of Marie Kondo packing bags, so I can practice squeezing it all in!

Marie Kondo videos? Off to go look at these!!!!
We leave in about 5 weeks and I've pulled the suitcases out and threw some items in. Of course, like you all, new clothes smh Like I have the money to buy a new vacay wardrobe!! At least I'm not alone :)

I'm also in WA state but on the east side in Spokane Valley. We have sun but it's way cooler than normal. Today was like 70 and humid instead of the normal 85 and dry.

I sincerely hope the state isn't on fire in August like it has been the past few years. Last year we went to Disneyland the week before Labor Day which was the worst smoker air in Spokane and in fact in the entire country. It's nice to be able to breathe when you go outside.

Where do you guys fly into? We're booking flights tomorrow and can't decide between Burbank, LAX or San Diego. We're way more familiar with San Diego since we have family there and usually drive a ton but I know it's not super close. For reference, I'll be flying along with 4 kids ages 11, 9, 7, and 3 and renting a car to get to Disneyland.
I hope it’s not on fire also. It’s so heartbreaking.

We almost always fly into SNA John Wayne in Anaheim. We have many flights there from PDX. Plus it’s much closer to Disneyland than LAX is.

Last year we went camping at Crescent Bar and then over to Silverwood. The smoke was so bad and we didn’t want to be outside because of the air quality.

We also always fly into Orange County John Wayne (SNA). Smaller airport and is really close to Disney. When we fly out last time we were the only ones in the security line.

So we were hoping to do Walk in Walt's footsteps on our trip nut I noticed there haven't been times available for it for August. I called to see about it and all the CM could say is they don't have any tours available. That's weird right?
I called this morning to book and was told that there are no walk in Walt's footsteps tours that have been scheduled yet. I was told to keep trying back. They can't sell what hasn't been scheduled.

Not very helpful.

I hope it’s not on fire also. It’s so heartbreaking.

We almost always fly into SNA John Wayne in Anaheim. We have many flights there from PDX. Plus it’s much closer to Disneyland than LAX is.

We always fly into LAX because of better flight options from JFK. I'm really looking forward to Anaheim weather. It's been high 80s and low 90s here recently, with a zillion per cent humidity. I'm looking forward to drier air.

Didn't somebody here have the same problem with getting a dessert party for World of Color? It didn't drop ontime?

Didn't somebody here have the same problem with getting a dessert party for World of Color? It didn't drop ontime?
I had to wait longer than normal to book the WOC dessert package, There were dates released for later August before they released the first few days. I would keep calling back each morning if possible and see what they say.

It is frustrating when Disney doesn't release their info when they should.

We fly into SNA, we catch Uber which was about $35 last time each way, although someone one shared that the California Yellow cab has a $29 flat rate to Disneyland. I might try that next time because it is easier than going up to the uber pick up area.

For car rentals we try to rent from the Avis over at Downtown disney , but it has moved to Disneyland Hotel maybe.. just rent for the day and return when we are finished for the night.

Where are you staying? sometimes the parking can add up if you are not having to drive each day!

I called this morning to book and was told that there are no walk in Walt's footsteps tours that have been scheduled yet. I was told to keep trying back. They can't sell what hasn't been scheduled.

Not very helpful.
They've literally just started to appear. I booked one in early August 20 minutes ago that wasn't there when I'd checked an hour earlier.

They've literally just started to appear. I booked one in early August 20 minutes ago that wasn't there when I'd checked an hour earlier.
I see they have times now for my date; sadly they are in the morning and since we are doing the Haunted mansion party the night before and probably won't be in bed until after 5am that won't work for us. It's all good though, save something for next time!

We fly into SNA, we catch Uber which was about $35 last time each way, although someone one shared that the California Yellow cab has a $29 flat rate to Disneyland. I might try that next time because it is easier than going up to the uber pick up area.

For car rentals we try to rent from the Avis over at Downtown disney , but it has moved to Disneyland Hotel maybe.. just rent for the day and return when we are finished for the night.

Where are you staying? sometimes the parking can add up if you are not having to drive each day!
We are staying at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort.

I will check into Avis because I will need to rent a car twice on this 10-day trip. I've heard its cheapest to book through Costco but am open to other ideas as well.

We decided this morning that the kids and I will fly into San Diego on Saturday, August 10th, stay just up of San Diego so we can visit the grandparents for 2 days, drive up to Anaheim and stay for 6 nights/5 park days then drive back to north San Diego for 2 more days with the grandparents before flying home. Hubby will fly in on Thursday and do 2 park days with us before heading to SD to see his family. He has to fly home on Monday while the kids and I will fly home on Tuesday the 20th. We got a stellar deal on our return flight - 5 one-way tickets for less than 24K Southwest points. Sweet! I'm trying to make the most by saving where I can - employee rate hotel rooms, free flights, etc. Now I just need to find a rental car for the 1st 2 and last 2 days. I don't see any point in paying to rent it for the entire trip plus parking when we won't be driving anywhere. Sorry that's a lot of detail that you probably didn't need to know but I'M SO EXCITED!!! My oldest daughter (age 11) cannot stop talking about the trip and my little Mickey loving toddler is asking like 100 times a daily if we can go today. The middle two are strangely ambivalent but I know they will have fun there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter