• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*August 2019 check in*

Oh wait by going to the Hyperspace Moutain page I see no times listed for Monday, August 12 but open times for Sunday, August 11 and Tuesday, August 13. Maybe it's just a website fluke?

Yup, must be a fluke because the page is now saying it’s down. Phew! I got panicked we’re there about that time too

No matter how many times my family goes to Disneyland, we can't seem to ever hit Hyperspace Mountain. Now it shows no times listed on Monday, August 12 or Wednesday, August 14. I really hope there isn't going to be a closure that week.

We’ll be there 8/12 - 8/16 and I am extremely annoyed by the shortened park hours and the 5pm closure on 8/15. Mornings just aren’t as awesome when the parks open at 9am rather than 8am, but I suppose we’ll get more sleep. I don’t see the MSEP listed on the schedule either.

We, WDW vets, are going to DL 8/10 & 8/13-16, so very excited!! Kinda overwhelmed on possible hotels but I think we are going to stay @ CCI for the 2nd part of trip 8/13-16 since it seems recommended on the DISboards. Id really like to stay at DLH a night or two 8/9 & 8/10, since I stayed once in 95, and Id like to with my family now. Boy that price tag is expensive. I really dont have the means to spend 2 nights there when I could get the whole trip hotel expenses paid for at the same price somewhere else. And the perks by staying @ DLH dont seem gamechanging with a 5day hopper. We can still go to Sams w/o staying there, correct? Cant really afford the Poly or GF either during our trips to WDW, but its nice that we can still visit and enjoy the restaurants on site.

I read about HSM refurb schedule on this link and I am confused. Seems to be down Mon 8/12 & Wed 8/14 but open Tues 8/13, and Thurs/Fri 8/15-16. I would think they shut it down multiple days in a row to change but what do I know. Is this sim to what happened in the past?

We'll be there from August 20th through 27th for the parks and expo...

All I can say that HM better not close down to get the holiday overlay on the 19th as the OP as posted. That would be a true slap in the face! None of my friends have ever been able to experience the original HM and always see the HMH version. But that won't be ready even in time I wouldn't think so if the 19th is indeed when it is scheduled to go down... it seems like we'd have a Haunted Mansion-less vacation... which would be a pretty big bummer!

Though... this seems a bit early to me? IDK. I do know for a FACT when I went for the D23 Expo in 2011, the Haunted Mansion WAS indeed open. I'd at least like it if it was open for a couple days at least until the Expo was over with... :(

I really also hope that Hyperspace doesn't go away as people are rumbling about because I'd be CRUSHED about that being absent too. It's another one of those things that I've done one time in the past but never have seemed to travel to Disneyland anytime they've had it pop up again. It's summer time! this is the time where you're not supposed to have attractions go down quite yet... though I do recall HMH closing at the VERY end of August in past years... so it would be kind of silly to close it for right when AP's unblock and D23 Expo crowds are in town... but that's just me...

Also, can't say I'm a fan of the fishy stuff Disney seems to be doing with playing around with the park operation hours...

Last edited:
I would assume that the park hours will spike back up during D23 Expo time... but really not sure the reasoning of having them shortened just the week prior... :/

We, WDW vets, are going to DL 8/10 & 8/13-16, so very excited!! Kinda overwhelmed on possible hotels but I think we are going to stay @ CCI for the 2nd part of trip 8/13-16 since it seems recommended on the DISboards. Id really like to stay at DLH a night or two 8/9 & 8/10, since I stayed once in 95, and Id like to with my family now. Boy that price tag is expensive. I really dont have the means to spend 2 nights there when I could get the whole trip hotel expenses paid for at the same price somewhere else. And the perks by staying @ DLH dont seem gamechanging with a 5day hopper. We can still go to Sams w/o staying there, correct? Cant really afford the Poly or GF either during our trips to WDW, but its nice that we can still visit and enjoy the restaurants on site.

I read about HSM refurb schedule on this link and I am confused. Seems to be down Mon 8/12 & Wed 8/14 but open Tues 8/13, and Thurs/Fri 8/15-16. I would think they shut it down multiple days in a row to change but what do I know. Is this sim to what happened in the past?

Last year we went in August, I think our first day was August 21st and I know that Haunted Mansion was down for our trip... I hope they don't move the overlay refub earlier in August..

We go every August and the park hours always switch from opening at 8AM to 9AM around that time. If you’re there the first day of the switch, make sure to get to the gates early otherwise you’ll be at the back of the line of all the people that showed up for an 8AM opening because they didn’t check the schedule.

I’m bummed that they are already shortening the park hours to 9am to 11pm by the middle of August. I was hoping they would keep the 8am to midnight longer, especially since the next week will be when one of the AP tiers is unblocked for DL (the deluxe tier, I believe) and it’s the week leading up to D23. It would be nice to have those full 16 hour days since I bet that will be when we see the big crowds.

Ah well, at least I’ll get an hour longer to sleep. Haha!

We’ll be there 8/12 - 8/16 and I am extremely annoyed by the shortened park hours and the 5pm closure on 8/15. Mornings just aren’t as awesome when the parks open at 9am rather than 8am, but I suppose we’ll get more sleep. I don’t see the MSEP listed on the schedule either.

This is my worry, too- that the shortened hours will make the mornings go quicker, and have less ride-time before the crowds hit.

Silly me- I still think of mid-August as summer, so I just assumed Disney would also, and have summer hours. What a bummer.

This is my worry, too- that the shortened hours will make the mornings go quicker, and have less ride-time before the crowds hit.

Silly me- I still think of mid-August as summer, so I just assumed Disney would also, and have summer hours. What a bummer.
When I went the first time in Aug back in 2012 they still had the 8am opening through the entire month. Then either in 2013 or 14 they changed to the 9am opening from about the 11th onward. To this day I still don't understand why. Aug =summer right? I will say while the later opening meant we got less done in the morning before the crowds showed up it still wasn't bad.

Guys, I am SO EXCITED!

My hubby gave me the okay today to go ahead with our trip next month. He won't be able to join us for the entire week but he'll be there 2-3 days plus 1 day in Carlsbad to see his family. YES! And to top it off, I was able to score an employee rate room so we'll be staying for SUPER cheap. We will probably be doing a split stay. The kids and I are booked at the Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort Monday 8/12 to Friday 8/16. We still have to decide where to stay Friday the 16th and Saturday the 17th. It's looking like our park days will be Tuesday - Saturday. I also just scored a Saturday early morning reservation for Minnie and Friends for all 6 of us. With the amount of money we'll save on hotels, we should be able to do 2 character meals and possibly WOC. It's like my Disney dreams are coming true. Eeek! And I got a super cheap employee rate hotel in Carlsbad for the few days after our Disneyland part so we can visit with my husband's family. SCORE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter