Aug 2005 repo cruise: HOTEL ** WE HAVE A BLOCK OF ROOMS **

Hey To NYGiantsRule,
Where do you live?? I grew up in Jersey and have been to a few Giants game over at the Meadowlands Arena. I grew up in Wayne Area.

We would be interested in the fly and cruise deal. We will be flying in from South FL and I don't even know when yet, prob the day before. We would need one room w/ 2 dbl beds. Thanks.

I was looking at the hotel website today. It only has 80 rooms, we could potentially take over the whole hotel. Also, I was looking the at the "Fly and Cruise package". It sounds very nice, but I had a question - it lists transportation from the aiport and back again. Since we will not be returning to LA after the cruise does it change the cost at all?

That would be a good question for the TA to ask the hotel :) As for us taking up the whole hotel --- let's just say I wouldn't be surprised, our "potential" right now is around 40 rooms (1/2 the hotel). I'd like to think if we could guarantee them 100% occupancy for a night that they'd give us a killer rate!!! :hyper:

We may be interested in 1 room with 2 queen beds.
I would like to fly in a couple of days early to go to DL. We have never been to CA before.

update: we're up to a potential of 40 rooms (1/2 the hotel) - still haven't heard back from our TA yet (will probably drop her another email this week).

Okay, here's the lowdown.....

There are only 60 rooms in the Holiday Inn and they will not take ressies over the phone right now from individuals calling ... BUT ... they have given us a block of rooms already for Friday, August 19, 2005 :teeth: The deal is:

* room for Friday, August 19
* $89 + taxes/fees
* includes continental breakfast (not normally included)

All you need to do to reserve a room is email my TA directly (jltraveldreams@cs.com) with your room requirements (smoking/nonsmoking, 1 bed/2 beds, number of people per room, credit card info to GUARANTEE room, your c/c will not be charged at this time)

The PARK & CRUISE package is not available for cruises longer than 7 days ... so locals can drive themselves and pay $10-$11 per day to park at the cruise terminal, or if you have someone drop you off in San Pedro we can get one-way transfers from the hotel to the cruise terminal (4 blocks away) for $3 per person.

The FLY & CRUISE package -- if you are flying into LAX on Aug 19th and want the FLY & CRUISE package, please indicate in your email to Janis if you will need transfers from an airport (LAX, Long Beach or Santa Ana) ... we'll see if it's cheaper to do the FLY & CRUISE package through the hotel, or to arrange for a Super Shuttle (or other form of transfer) for you from the airport to the hotel. We'll do the research for you, but you need to let Janis know that we need to do that research for you. :)

If you are interested in more than one night ... let Janis know in your email ... I am not clear right now if that $89 rate will apply to only Friday night or will apply to however many nights you are interested in.

Have I covered all of the bases? What did I forget? If I forgot something, or if you have any questions just let me know :hyper:

Great job Susan, Thank You So Much.
Just sent Janis an email.

Thanks for the info - I feel like I can't make arrangements this far in advance. I have such a routine on planning vacations and airfare is first!

I appreciate your efforts! We may end up looking into this hotel if any rooms are left!

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

sent my email!!!!! Hooray, one more item to mark off the list.

Just talked to Janis and confirmed my booking. Good news the $89 rate is good for additional nights too. I got it for both Thursday and Friday nights. There is shuttle service (for a fee) from the hotel to DL too, which is great since that means we don't have to rent a car at all. She is very nice, and we had a nice chat about pin trading since she is from NJ too.

Reneé

I just sent my email to Janis also..

Susan, thanks so much for taking care of this for us...

Ginny

uh oh Renee, she's gonna suck you into a HUGE pin meet out there!! :teeth: They do 24 hour marathon pin meets like "trade til you fade"!! :hyper:

Thanks Susan. I just emailed Janis our info. It's great to have "connections".;)

Jennifer

Originally posted by ivanova
uh oh Renee, she's gonna suck you into a HUGE pin meet out there!! :teeth: They do 24 hour marathon pin meets like "trade til you fade"!! :hyper:

I know Janis told me about it. It sounds like fun. I just missed a meet that in the beginning of May and was just 5 minutes from my house!

just e mailed my information thanks for the information Will have to find out the info on not renting a car that would be nice just staying in one place. Thanks all

Did someone say pin trading? Watch out my ds 13 is so excited it will be his first pin trading on the ship but he is all for doing it before hand :)

Just sent E mail to Janis.

thanks so much Susan for looking into this. You saved me alot of time!!

Melinda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter