Aug 2005 repo cruise: HOTEL ** WE HAVE A BLOCK OF ROOMS **

ivanova

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Hi
Okay, I'm starting a separate thread JUST for the night-before-hotel interest ... if we include this in the "monster thread" for the cruise the information will get lost in the muddle ;)

Anyway, I have a TA looking into getting a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn San Pedro ( Here's the hotel's website ). Wherever we end up getting a block of rooms will more than likely be the location of our night-before DIS meet too. :smooth:

I need to be able to give the TA some kind of idea of how many rooms we'd be looking at getting.... :teeth:

Please post here if you are interested in a room for the night before the repo cruise (Aug 19th), how many people will be staying in your room, whether you are interested in the hotel's PARK & CRUISE or FLY & CRUISE packages, and the maximum amount you'd be willing to pay for your room.

:hyper: THANKS!! :hyper:

Hi ivanova:
I had looked at the intercontinental web site (Holiday Inn) and also the San Pedro website. They only seem to be taking ressies out til April of 05. Maybe talking with the hotel in advance may help. We'll be trying for 3 rooms there I think.
Just as a question of interest how close to the port IS this? It looks as though it is about 5 miles. Now I may be out in left field on that figure. I think we'll have a rental van that I'll drop our crew off at port, then drop the van off nearby (Enterprise has a drop off point close by) and then either take a cab, or get them to drop me off. I hate waiting on shuttles :)

It looks like a reduced rate there with none of the extras in the package is $99 right now.

Keep us informed on what you learn.

Thanks...

Cheers,
Grumbo

The Holiday Inn is actually pretty close to the port ... according to mapquest it's 1.1 miles from the hotel to the cruise terminal :teeth:

We will be flying in on the 19th from NJ..

We would need 1 room

Hi Susan,

We live local by the Queen Mary, but may want to spend the night and use the parking. Need to talk to dh about this versus a shuttle or cab.

An afterthought, I wonder what the parking fees at the port would be for a trip this length? I'm going to check into this.

Do you know if 2 queen bed rooms are available at the "cruise and sale" rate? I do see that 2 queen bed rooms are available, as well as double beds. Better yet, I'll call the hotel later or e-mail them.

Thanks for your foresight to plan!

Barbara

We will be flying in the Thursday night before from NJ so we can spend a full day at Disneyland. Because of this, I would need 2 nights. Anyone else arriving on Thursday??

Thanks,

Reneé

We plan on flying in the day before. We'll either be a group of 4 or 6. Not sure if we'll need 1 room or 2 yet. Any advice on a local airport. Southwest leaves from an airport that about 10 minutes away and they fly into Lax, Ont, Sna and Burbank. Would you suggest one over another? Any ideas on transport from the airport to the hotel and transport to the pier?...Mark

Originally posted by Mom2Belle&PeterPan
An afterthought, I wonder what the parking fees at the port would be for a trip this length? I'm going to check into this.
According to the port website it's $11 a day - I don't think length of cruise changes the daily amount so you're probably looking at $165 at least.

Originally posted by mark & sandra
We plan on flying in the day before. We'll either be a group of 4 or 6. Not sure if we'll need 1 room or 2 yet. Any advice on a local airport. Southwest leaves from an airport that about 10 minutes away and they fly into Lax, Ont, Sna and Burbank. Would you suggest one over another? Any ideas on transport from the airport to the hotel and transport to the pier?...Mark
If you fly into LAX and do the FLY & CRUISE package at the Holiday Inn San Pedro (where we want to get the block of rooms), they will provide transportation from LAX to the hotel, then from the hotel to the cruise terminal.

If you fly into Long Beach or Santa Ana, you might be on your own as far as airport to hotel transportation.

And I wouldn't even bother with Burbank.

We would be flying in the night before and would be interested in the CRUISE & FLY rates. We would only need 1 room.
Thanks
Patty and Misti

Susan,
I think we'd be interested. Family of 4, 2 adults, DD(11) and DD(7). We'd probably be interested in the Fly and Cruise package if it's available for a family (website only mentions a per couple price) and one room with two queen beds for one night.

Thanks for the leg work!
Paul

Hi Susan and all,

We plan to stay at WDW for one night following the DCL. That being said, we're going to look into Cruise & Fly for this. We'd only need a one-way ticket home from MCO to LAX. However, we need to check if we could get a shuttle from LAX back to the San Pedro Holiday Inn to pickup our car.

Will let you know what we find out.

Thanks Susan for the port parking info.!

Barbara

We are hoping to fly in a few days early and will be staying with Maleficent59 (Sarah) and her family. However, Sarah did mention about getting a room closer to the port for Friday night. So, we might need a few rooms. I sent a link about this thread to Sarah so she can check it out. I'm not sure about Rae519 and BD, they might need some rooms as well. I also sent them a link about this thread.

One king bed room would do DW and I just fine.

Funny you were doing this..I was just looking thru my AAA book today for San Pedro hotels and saw the Holiday Inn. there is also a Best Western too...I even tried to make ressies online but won't let me do it,,,"Too far in advance" it stated.

I would like to get 2 rooms..one for my parents and one for us, 2 adults and 2 children (DD12, DS8) with each 2 queen bed will do.

I only need it for one night since i will be staying at a Timeshare but will check out on that friday since i would like to stay closer to the cruise port the night before.

thanks!!

Melinda

Susan, thanks for looking into this for us (and of course, thanks VM for the link)! My guess is 3 rooms for us (VM, Marcotta and us). We can figure out other details later, but this will give us some flexibility (and we have plenty of time to finalize everything).

Best,
Sarah

One of the advantages of being the last DCL cruise out of San Pedro is that we'll have lots of first hand experiences about staying near port from earlier cruisers.
Guess we can "learn" from their mistakes and experiences.

Cheers,
Grumbo

Originally posted by Mom2Belle&PeterPan
....we need to check if we could get a shuttle from LAX back to the San Pedro Holiday Inn to pickup our car.
Hubby had checked - but I'll have him check again - he thought it was $22 for a shuttle from LAX back to the Holiday Inn to pick up your car. The catch: I don't know if that was $22 per person or not. :)

Count us in as interested in a room the night before the cruise. It may be smart to do the Fly and Cruise. We will only need one room. Thanks for looking into this for us!
-Darlene

Originally posted by Verandah Man
I'm not sure about Rae519 and BD, they might need some rooms as well. I also sent them a link about this thread.

I am sure that I am speaking for BD when I say we will be coming in early to go to Disneyland - I will talk with him later, but for now - probably 2 nights and 3 rooms (two for us and one for BD).

If we could get the "fly and cruise" program, that would be great, but as long as we can get a DL side trip in!!!

Rae

We need 4 rooms with one of those being for 2 nights prior to us boarding the ship. Thanks!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter