Aug 2005 repo cruise: HOTEL ** WE HAVE A BLOCK OF ROOMS **

Those of us that are going to be looking at Disneyland and other sites are you going to stay at this hotel for the entire trip?
Just trying to figure out what would be best. I had thought staying out towards DL and then moving down to San Pedro the night before. Think getting around if you don't have a rental car may be somewhat difficult.

I was quoted about 55 - 60 per day for a van, and a $25 drop off fee to leave it within a mile of the port.

Cheers,
Grumbo

Count us in for one room, on the "fly and cruise" program.

Thanks for taking the lead on this.

We would be interested in the fly and cruise package if airfare isn't more than what we'd be paying DCL. I added on Air and 2 nights stay at Paradise Pier standard yesterday, it bumped up our cost to $8345.37 for everything. I need all the help on savings I can get.

:hyper:

We would be flying in the night before and would be interested in the CRUISE & FLY rates. We would only need 1 room. 2 adults and 12 year old.

Do we know if there is transportaion to the ship?

we are flying in the week before thought we'd return the rental car to the airport and shuttle it to the hotel

I'm thinking we'll be interested in 1 room w/ 2 queen beds (it's me, my 2 yr. old at sail date, and my 23 yr. old sister as opposed to dh--can't get 2 weeks back-to-back). Will need it for at least the Fri. night. And that will include a shuttle from LAX?? And then to the ship?? Sorry--sort of having to learn new things because due to the fact we live "down the street" from Port Canaveral--I've never had to worry about shuttles/transportation, etc. (Plus was always able to get to the port EARLY and be as close to first in line as possible!!). Anyway--my parents (izzinmac) will already be out there for about a week visiting my brother and sister in law and nephew (and enjoying DL!!!!). So we may go out a few days early for DL too--but would stay close by there and then head to that hotel for FRI. nite! Who knows--but count me in on the "tentative" list--rooms look nice!
:p

the FLY & CRUISE includes transportation from LAX to the hotel on the day you check into the hotel (i.e. Fri 8/19) and then transportation from the hotel to the cruise terminal on Sat 8/20.

I think if you do the rental car return @ LAX then shuttle to the hotel that would work out great.

We will need a room for Friday night, two Queen beds, for two adults and one 15 year old. Thanks so much for taking care of this.

We would like 1 room (2 queen beds) with the fly & cruise package for that Friday night. We will have 2 adults and 2 children.

Jennifer

We would be interested in one or two rooms for the night before, but we think we might fly into Long Beach (Jet Blue goes non stop from Boston to Long Beach), so we can't do the Fly and Sail package.

Denise

I think we might be interested in possibly two rooms. Like Renee one of the rooms we would like for two nights, Thursday and Friday. We plan to do DL the day before we leave. I think we also would be interested in the fly and cruise.
Have any of you flown into LAX? I understand the place is a complete zoo. And huge. DH says that Orange County ( I think that's the name) is better and nowhere near as bad as LAX.
Thanks for getting all the info. Estelle

Orange County is SNA (in Santa Ana) - haven't flown into SNA but it HAS to be better than LAX!! :teeth: LAX is big, and busy.

Hi Susan,

Just a quick note that a hotel room for us is a "maybe" right now. We're still trying to find out the best game plan for the convenience and $. We need to get to the port from home (live in L.B. area - may have a neighbor drop us off), and then back home from LAX following the cruise. Just an FYI in case this effects the numbers for your TA.

Ideally, we'd love to stay the night before with all the DISers!

Thank you for doing this!

Barbara

Barbara - totally understand :teeth: We're probably going to have a family member drive us to San Pedro, then pick us up at Ontario airport when we return (since that's the airport closest to us). I'm presenting all of the room requests right now as "maybes" to the TA only because a lot of things can change in 15 months and I don't want anyone here to feel like their obligated to book a room. :)

Holy smokes people!! We're up to a possibility of 35 rooms so far!! :teeth:

Ivanova,
I looked back on my post and i am not sure if i made it clear. I know i mentioned that i would like to check out friday, but what i meant that i will check out on Friday from the timeshare that i sm staying for the week. I sometimes get myself go on on on , so to make it more clear,
i need 2 rooms for Friday night only.

Thanks!!

One room for Friday night, and fly/cruise would be great! I doubt that I can get to LA in time on the same day, I would rather spend a tad more and know that I will make the ship in time.

Thanks for doing this.

Melinda - gotcha :teeth:

Marsha - have you added to the ever growing list :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter