As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

jcthompson2

Earning My Ears
Debating a switch... We're currently booked 12/21-12/28 at a cabin at FW. According to the site, switching from the cabins at FW to AKL with free dining could save us nearly $1000. If those number can be believed. What are the pros and cons here? I've kind of got my heart set on the cabins but if that number is real, it's hard to pass up those savings. Appreciate all thoughts!

gwynne

Happily planning our next adventure
Debating a switch... We're currently booked 12/21-12/28 at a cabin at FW. According to the site, switching from the cabins at FW to AKL with free dining could save us nearly $1000. If those number can be believed. What are the pros and cons here? I've kind of got my heart set on the cabins but if that number is real, it's hard to pass up those savings. Appreciate all thoughts!
Chiming in from an old RCer...
If it were me I'd book AKL. It's a beautiful resort with a lovely pool. Whether you have a savanna view or not, there are plenty of places to view the animals throughout the resort. Add in the substantial savings and I think you have a great deal.
Happy planning! :flower:

gwynne

Happily planning our next adventure
Howdy @pas130 and all the RC gang,
Thought I'd take a minute and post what's new. My DH is doing well, he continues to get wonderful care here. He is better now than he was before we moved a couple of years ago. Retiring in the Midwest was a very good decision!
I'm having one of those ends in zero birthdays this year. To celebrate, we are planning a trip to the mouse in Oct. Food and Wine and a belated birthday celebration will be so fun!
Wishing all the best to RCers new and old,
Happy Resort Changing! :flower1:

• pas130

Always missing Florida....
    Everything that @gwynne said plus with Free dining you won’t miss not having a kitchen. You’ll be missing out on space of the cabins HOWEVER you are saving a bunch AND the amount of space to relax and explore at AKL is amazing. Also AKL is so compact compared to Fort Wilderness I think I would make the change without hesitation!!

pas130

Howdy @pas130 and all the RC gang,
    Thought I'd take a minute and post what's new. My DH is doing well, he continues to get wonderful care here. He is better now than he was before we moved a couple of years ago. Retiring in the Midwest was a very good decision!
    I'm having one of those ends in zero birthdays this year. To celebrate, we are planning a trip to the mouse in Oct. Food and Wine and a belated birthday celebration will be so fun!
    Wishing all the best to RCers new and old,
    Happy Resort Changing! :flower1:
    Wonderful news HUGS

jcthompson2

Earning My Ears
    Thanks guys! We made the switch this morning! So excited!! Its our first time ever staying at a WDW resort, and to have that first experience be at a Deluxe like AKL is super exciting! Now I need to go read up more on the resort!

• roxiepenguin

Mouseketeer
    I am certainly not new to this thread (lol)... and I just have to put it out there that I think we're "set" on our final choices for a stay next month! It began as CSR or CBR split with AoA. Then turned into CBR split with Beach Club. (We stayed on that a for a good couple of weeks!) Then it was POFQ and AKL. (Again, that was also for a good couple of weeks and "the final decision." hahahahahahaha!) As of yesterday, it is now (and I hope stays as) POFQ for 4 nights and Yacht Club for 6 nights. (Of course, we've still got a month to go... )
    :rolleyes1:confused3:rotfl2:

disneydreamer781

Wé la oh mé la wé-la, wé-é yey-yé oh é yé.
    I've made so many changes that just today I literally am back to the resorts I started with. :laughing: I'm beginning to think I have some serious issues. I also have 50 days left. DH thinks I'm :crazy:! I try to tell him when I change reservations and he doesn't want to hear it and he says I'm just going to just change them again anyway. Finally he just tells me to let him know when we're on the plane.

pas130

I am certainly not new to this thread (lol)... and I just have to put it out there that I think we're "set" on our final choices for a stay next month! It began as CSR or CBR split with AoA. Then turned into CBR split with Beach Club. (We stayed on that a for a good couple of weeks!) Then it was POFQ and AKL. (Again, that was also for a good couple of weeks and "the final decision." hahahahahahaha!) As of yesterday, it is now (and I hope stays as) POFQ for 4 nights and Yacht Club for 6 nights. (Of course, we've still got a month to go... )
    :rolleyes1:confused3:rotfl2:
    I would not change that split!! POFQ is amazing and YC, while not my favorite in the Crescent lake area...is perfect for Food and Wine 🎉
    I've made so many changes that just today I literally am back to the resorts I started with. :laughing: I'm beginning to think I have some serious issues. I also have 50 days left. DH thinks I'm :crazy:! I try to tell him when I change reservations and he doesn't want to hear it and he says I'm just going to just change them again anyway. Finally he just tells me to let him know when we're on the plane.
    My DH is the same!!!

• disneydreamer781

Wé la oh mé la wé-la, wé-é yey-yé oh é yé.
    I would not change that split!! POFQ is amazing and YC, while not my favorite in the Crescent lake area...is perfect for Food and Wine 🎉

My DH is the same!!!
    Yes I was also looking at YC but then a reservation became available at BWV through DVC so I grabbed it. Don't have to pay cash so that's always a perk. It also allowed me to grab a Club Level room at Gran Destino. DH will love that!

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS