As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

I'm going to attempt a mega multi-quote

Fist of all HAPPY 2021, although it still feels like 2020 a bit

Update, I have gotten both Covid vaccine doses, and I DID go to Coronado in for Food and Wine with hubby. The resort was beautiful and empty since it just reopened. The parks were pretty busy, a CM put it best "we are at 35% capacity (I think that's what it was when I was there...) but this time of year that is our normal capacity. So it's like a regular day. Because of lines we didn't do any rides, and we weren't comfortable going on anything indoors. We almost did the Land, and I chickened out. I know they clean the rides often, but I didn't witness it so I stayed outside and we toured a very busy world showcase and had drinks and food.

I was booked to return in March to CR, and then refurb....so it's June at the Riveria with hubby for Flower and Garden. We aren't doing a summer trip, maybe fall for Universal Halloween Horror Nights.

@pas130 wow that’s a great rate for CSR! I’ve never stayed there. so tempting isn’t it! But you have to do what’s best for you, I think I read you had the virus? Scary. Glad you got thru it. I hope a safe vaccine comes out soon.

I know, it’s pretty scary traveling now. And I’ve been waffling for months. I had this trip booked for quite awhile. Well before Covid. Sigh. It’s hard to know what to do. Easier now that I’m retired and although quarantine right before Christmas will be inconvenient I don't have the work worry.
We love HRH too. Our last stay there was great. We had pool view and could see the parks, Rip Rocket etc. Was really nice at night with all the lights. And can’t beat the short walk to the parks. Hope the pool gate will be open!
I've heard Universal is really doing well with protocols! Team members dispense sanitizer before getting on rides which is fabulous! As for Covid, there is still an awful lot of really sick Covid patients including critically ill children...so it might mean 2022 for vacation BUT I've got June booked so far....fingers crossed

Changing my mind again so figured I'd update...so far the progression since May 2020 has been POFQ for May 2020 then switched to CSR (May 2020-cancelled), GDT (August 2020-cancelled), AOA (May 2021 - likely to cancel) and now...May 2022 here we come Swan, well that is once booking opens...

I feel you! These changes are not even our doing! It's crazy! I hope you get to go this year...I really hope we all get to safely travel soon :)

We have CBR booked for last Aug, had to change to Aug 2021, now in all probability I’ll have to reschedule again for Aug 2022. Maybe thinking of switching to an EPcot resort. I’ve always wondered about Swan/Dolphin but the daily resort fee put me off, and not many balconies. I loved B.C./YC.
And now that in 2022 no more DME....it won’t matter as much.
Originally Sept 2020 WL moved to Sept 2021 CR but now have two back up dates May 2021 BWV or Aug 2021 WL . Only going once - just not sure which one it will be !?!?!
I love both BWV and WL, and May and August! I love Spring BUT pool time is where it's at. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Pas glad you got your trip in. I’m sure a different trip but still fun. Yes you’re right, Universal did a great job of sanitizing. I really liked that they put sanitizer directly in your hand. I don’t trust people to do it themselves! Also they sanitize the seats on rides and shows after you get up.

Now with recent tightening up on international travel regulations I’m fairly certain I’ll have to postpone our August trip again until 2022. Ugh. The govt really doesn’t want us leaving the country. And now with the new more contagious variant, it’s probably a good idea.

I’m glad I got away in Dec with my friend. Another great stay at Hard Rock. Can’t beat the short walk!
Glad you got your vaccines. I believe all the healthcare have gotten theirs here. In March they are starting with 80+ and going by age in descending order. Govt saying by Sept everyone will be vaccinated who wants it.

Pas glad you got your trip in. I’m sure a different trip but still fun. Yes you’re right, Universal did a great job of sanitizing. I really liked that they put sanitizer directly in your hand. I don’t trust people to do it themselves! Also they sanitize the seats on rides and shows after you get up.

Now with recent tightening up on international travel regulations I’m fairly certain I’ll have to postpone our August trip again until 2022. Ugh. The govt really doesn’t want us leaving the country. And now with the new more contagious variant, it’s probably a good idea.

I’m glad I got away in Dec with my friend. Another great stay at Hard Rock. Can’t beat the short walk!
Glad you got your vaccines. I believe all the healthcare have gotten theirs here. In March they are starting with 80+ and going by age in descending order. Govt saying by Sept everyone will be vaccinated who wants it.
Awesome about your December trip!!! I'm trying to schedule hubby for his vaccine, and it's been a challenge. But soon I hope! And our trips will be here before you know it, time flies <3 Think of the new rides you'll get to see hopefully! Hugs!

Whoa! You guys are still going!!! I haven't been on the boards in ages...and I remember when this group had gotten moved to the community page. How is everyone doing? I'm going to try to read and catch up - it's been way too long!

👋🏻 Enjoy your YC vacay! I’m sure I’ll have to cancel or I’ll say postpone, sounds better! And rebook for Aug 2022 ugh sounds so far away. International travel is pretty impossible now with latest regulations.
Stay safe!

Whoa! You guys are still going!!! I haven't been on the boards in ages...and I remember when this group had gotten moved to the community page. How is everyone doing? I'm going to try to read and catch up - it's been way too long!
I haven't been here too much either, but when I saw we were back on the resort page I figured we have SO much knowledge to share!!! Nice to "see" you Candace!!!!

Happy April! Happy Spring!

My first ch-ch-ch-change for 2021!

DH is fully vaccinated as of now! So our June trip at Riveria is changed to THIS MONTH at Copper Creek! 2 weeks from now I will be HOME <3

I am very excited and nervous too. But I want to go while everyone is still masked at Social Distanced at WDW. Cases and hospitalizations are going up here again, and our Covid units are full unfortunately. The kids don't feel safe going, and I don't blame them. Since DH and I are fully vaccinated we feel safer than September, and I need some Flower and Garden!!

I am much more excited to stay in the "Wilderness", we love the vibe!!!!

How's everyone's planning going?!?

DH is fully vaccinated as of now! So our June trip at Riveria is changed to THIS MONTH at Copper Creek! 2 weeks from now I will be HOME <3

I am very excited and nervous too. But I want to go while everyone is still masked at Social Distanced at WDW. Cases and hospitalizations are going up here again, and our Covid units are full unfortunately. The kids don't feel safe going, and I don't blame them. Since DH and I are fully vaccinated we feel safer than September, and I need some Flower and Garden!!

This is SO exciting, pas! I could only be happier if it was moi! 🤣. Boy, I‘d love to go, but it’s too soon for Sophia ...we will wait until probably March ‘22. Today I considered a solo trip for three ngts in May but I would be miserable alone. So I will vicariously live through your trips until next March. It will not feel real untilI I can finally book something...hopefully not too many months longer. Happy cha-cha-cha changing!! 💞💖😍😘

Congrats! We love WL! It was our last WDW stay. I felt Roaring Forks went downhill since our previous stay. But love the new Grill by the lake. Really good burger and waffle fries! Not the typical Disney burger. And with a lakeside table, perfection! Also loved the new Villas pool. We didn’t even bother with the main pool! Have fun!
Who knows when our 🇨🇦 Border will open! I am pretty much certain I’ll have to rebook our Aug CBR res to 2022. I can’t see our border opening anytime soon.
My province just locked down again because of soaring numbers, and we have the new variant which is more contagious and deadly.
My DH just got his first jab, I have to wait 2 more weeks. I squeaked out last Dec for Universal (HR) just in time! Glad I had that at least!

This is SO exciting, pas! I could only be happier if it was moi! 🤣. Boy, I‘d love to go, but it’s too soon for Sophia ...we will wait until probably March ‘22. Today I considered a solo trip for three ngts in May but I would be miserable alone. So I will vicariously live through your trips until next March. It will not feel real untilI I can finally book something...hopefully not too many months longer. Happy cha-cha-cha changing!! 💞💖😍😘
March 2022 sounds fabulous Christine!!!

Congrats! We love WL! It was our last WDW stay. I felt Roaring Forks went downhill since our previous stay. But love the new Grill by the lake. Really good burger and waffle fries! Not the typical Disney burger. And with a lakeside table, perfection! Also loved the new Villas pool. We didn’t even bother with the main pool! Have fun!
Who knows when our 🇨🇦 Border will open! I am pretty much certain I’ll have to rebook our Aug CBR res to 2022. I can’t see our border opening anytime soon.
My province just locked down again because of soaring numbers, and we have the new variant which is more contagious and deadly.
My DH just got his first jab, I have to wait 2 more weeks. I squeaked out last Dec for Universal (HR) just in time! Glad I had that at least!
Yay for DH and soon for you!! Hopefully the numbers start declining after the lockdown, we are just opening up despite rising numbers. You're safer there for sure Sue, hoping August can happen for you. I'm really looking forward to the lakeside dining, glad it was yummy!

SOOOOOOOOOOO, another change. Remember that vaccinated DH? He has COVID-19. He is doing okay, mild case, but now the kids got it too. So our trip next week is postponed until next month. It stinks because park pass availability isn't great, BUT this is the safer thing to do! May is a perfect month to Disney :) Stay safe changers!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOO, another change. Remember that vaccinated DH? He has COVID-19. He is doing okay, mild case, but now the kids got it too. So our trip next week is postponed until next month. It stinks because park pass availability isn't great, BUT this is the safer thing to do! May is a perfect month to Disney :) Stay safe changers!!!
I guess vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting Covid, just prevents the severe symptoms and hospitalization, which is a good thing.
Hope the kids are ok. The new variants are taking over here 😣. Scary. Glad my DH got his first shot, Pfizer last week. I’m still waiting for my age group, should be soon. My group is next.
May is very nice in Orlando! And you’ll be avoiding spring break crowds, a win in my books! We went to Universal once in May. Very nice weather.

I guess vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting Covid, just prevents the severe symptoms and hospitalization, which is a good thing.
Hope the kids are ok. The new variants are taking over here 😣. Scary. Glad my DH got his first shot, Pfizer last week. I’m still waiting for my age group, should be soon. My group is next.
May is very nice in Orlando! And you’ll be avoiding spring break crowds, a win in my books! We went to Universal once in May. Very nice weather.
Yep, it is a reminder of what a vaccine does, and that it's not 100% I pray DH recovers quickly and the kids stay stable <3 Team Pfizer here too! Honestly, if we all wear masks and get vaccinated (those who can) we will get through this. I'm not trying to get political so I hope no changers take offense, but it's not time to get rid of masks whatsoever. Bring on Flower and Garden :)

Yep, it is a reminder of what a vaccine does, and that it's not 100% I pray DH recovers quickly and the kids stay stable <3 Team Pfizer here too! Honestly, if we all wear masks and get vaccinated (those who can) we will get through this. I'm not trying to get political so I hope no changers take offense, but it's not time to get rid of masks whatsoever. Bring on Flower and Garden :)
Update- I just got notification this afternoon it’s my turn to book. It’s very methodical here. We register online to get vaccine with province. Then when it’s our age group we get email or text notification with link to book. I booked for this Sunday afternoon at local vaccination centre. Woohoo.
I agree, we still need to mask and take all the precautions.
I’ll either be getting Pfizer or Moderna. We aren’t told until we go for appointment which they have.

Update- I just got notification this afternoon it’s my turn to book. It’s very methodical here. We register online to get vaccine with province. Then when it’s our age group we get email or text notification with link to book. I booked for this Sunday afternoon at local vaccination centre. Woohoo.
I agree, we still need to mask and take all the precautions.
I’ll either be getting Pfizer or Moderna. We aren’t told until we go for appointment which they have.
YAY!!!! EXCELLENT NEWS SUE! My MIL just got J&J today, we are making progress

Another change :)

As I looked on the website today, I saw CR Tower-Lake view was available so I texted my TA and we ch-ch-changed it. I love the Bay Lake vibe. I really love the WL area, but CR is the bee's knees!!

Another change :)

As I looked on the website today, I saw CR Tower-Lake view was available so I texted my TA and we ch-ch-changed it. I love the Bay Lake vibe. I really love the WL area, but CR is the bee's knees!!
And you can still boat over to eat at the Grill at WL. I highly recommend!

Happy Monday, changer in full effect.....

We are now at Boardwalk Villas

DH and I were watching Flower and Garden videos, and he asked why I booked us so far from Epcot......AND availability was on my side today, because BCV, BWV, and YC were all available with the discounts. We went with the cheapest. DH is right, I will give him credit....Epcot closes at 10p each night so this was the right ch-ch-change....plus more money for drinks $$$

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter