Artist Point Confirmed to Become a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Character Dinner

I'm probably just dense. But I don't have a clue what your point is.
He's just being contrary because he is upset that AP is changing. Because they haven't opened up the reservations he is saying its dead. He will not be able to claim that when they open ADR booking for it.

This is the same thing w bog. Adrs were unavailable for a short term post 7/26 I believe

I don’t understand the issue Dean. AP will be transitioning to a character meal. Winter is the current timeline, no idea when as Disney hasn’t been specific

AP won’t be shuttered for long I am sure.

I am looking forward to the changes myself

This is the same thing w bog. Adrs were unavailable for a short term post 7/26 I believe

I don’t understand the issue Dean. AP will be transitioning to a character meal. Winter is the current timeline, no idea when as Disney hasn’t been specific

AP won’t be shuttered for long I am sure.

I am looking forward to the changes myself

The same with 1900 Park Fare for a while. No ADR's whole they transitions from one type of character meal to another.

Don’t know if this has been posted yet but was at AP tonight and our server told us that they have been told close date will be around 11/10

???? Let's look at the official WDW Website.

See any announcement, regarding AP Reservations? Beyond "no reservations available", up to March of 2019? Would love to see a real WDW announcement - ON THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE.

Dear Wife and I may choose to not go there.... OTHERS may. MDE indicates that no one can - up to March, 2019.

You may have to go slow for me...

Are you saying the restaurant is "dead" permanently, because you can't make ADRs for it on MDE? I don't quite understand your position (but would like to).

Didn't Disney announce that the plan is to open the Snow White character meal this winter? That would completely rule out the whole "dead restaurant until August 2019" theory unless I'm missing something.

Just because they didn't directly inform pass holders separately and make the announcement via MDE (is this even something that happens???) doesn't mean the announcement didn't take place.

I guess I need added to the list of people who aren't sure what Dean's point is.

I think that I get it. We all know about the change but the regular visitor won't often see press releases and will be unable to book until a certain date without explanation. I prefer to believe that the lack of information is mostly due to Disney's horrible IT though.

I have no issue... do not intend to go to AP again, though homed at BRV....

HOWEVER - there are others, trying to book 180 Day APRs. They can not do so. Nor do they have any idea of these events.

You see, not everyone on the planet READS these "Disney Boards".

All these folks have to work with is the OFFICIAL WDW MDE Site. All THEY see is "dead restaurant, through March 2019".

So what do you THINK will happen ? No availability at 180 days. Book somewhere else. If I EXTEND this concept to March 2019, with no official WDW post on the AP Restaurant page? That COULD indicate no 180 day bookings, as far forward as Aug 2019 (!). Meanwhile? People are trying to plan vacations.

Look, I'm just not going to AP.... but that does not mean I want WDW to FAIL. They really need to get the main booking page for AP straight, so that OTHERS know what is going on, and when they can book. Right now? That location has pretty much tanked itself up to AUG 2019 :(. Not a good idea :(.

Why on Earth would you extend this concept to March 2019? If that is the projected opening timeframe, Disney WILL (as they have done in the past) open up reservations weeks to months in advance of the opening date. Do you honestly...HONESTLY, now....think that Disney would wait to open up ADR's for this place until the day it's scheduled to open???

Again...we get it, you don't like what they are doing to Artist Point (frankly me either, as all things Snow White related give me severe fear based anxiety. Long story...childhood trauma.)...but, as the Mad Hatter once said, "let's not get silly."

HOWEVER - there are others, trying to book 180 Day APRs. They can not do so. Nor do they have any idea of these events.

All these folks have to work with is the OFFICIAL WDW MDE Site. All THEY see is "dead restaurant, through March 2019".

So what do you THINK will happen ? No availability at 180 days. Book somewhere else. If I EXTEND this concept to March 2019, with no official WDW post on the AP Restaurant page? That COULD indicate no 180 day bookings, as far forward as Aug 2019 (!). Meanwhile? People are trying to plan vacations.

Look, I'm just not going to AP.... but that does not mean I want WDW to FAIL. They really need to get the main booking page for AP straight, so that OTHERS know what is going on, and when they can book. Right now? That location has pretty much tanked itself up to AUG 2019 :(. Not a good idea :(.
Oh the drama. So AP is going dark for a bit during the transition....big deal. It’s not the first nor the last restaurant in WDW to undergo a refurb. It’s ridiculous to say it’s “tanked” through August. I’m willing to bet this new experience will be wildly popular and will book up as soon as ADRs open, regardless of the lack of “official WDW post” on the restaurant page as you mention.

Disney never gives opening dates until they are sure one is viable. People will have plenty of warning when the site si open to book, and I bet you a buck the site will crash that first day. There is a big difference between the restaurant has gone dark, and it is dead.

Honestly Dean, I run payroll for small businesses in my area, and I am a little offended you continue to insist AP is dead. It is not. When you file final returns for AP, conduct it's final audit, and make arrangements to get W-2's to it's displaced employees, then you can say it is dead. Not having the ability to book ADR's 180 days in advance? Not even in the same ballgame.

Disney opens restaurants and their reservations within the 180 days all the time. They aren’t going to offer reservations when they aren’t confident on a completion date. They also usually plan for a soft opening ahead of reservations. There are plenty of people who 1) don’t know they are taking a vacation at 180 days 2) are not Disney super fans and don’t realize they need to book dining at 180 days or 3) couldn’t get what they originally wanted at 180 days. Our first trip we decided hey we should go to Disney and booked a Deluxe dining plan about 100 days before during the free dining period. Little did we know most of the restaurants are booked up in early November. It took a lot of work to get all of the character meals we wanted because when I initially called there was NOTHING character available ANYWHERE. I imagine this will at least be booked solid when it is realased and new.

If you have an ADR right now for December what happens?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter