Artist Point Confirmed to Become a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Character Dinner

:scratchin

TheRustyScupper, Jun 11, 2018

1) I seldom post "rumors" unless I have heard AT LEAST two confirmations.
2) From a meeting 2-weeks ago, I have heard that Artist Point (AP) will become a character meal all day (B-L-D).
3) It is unknown if AP status as a Signature Dinner will have to be downgraded.
4) Whispering Canyon Café (WCC) theming WILL be changed, but details are still vague (VERY vague).

NOTE:
There are no dates discussed for AP or WCC changes.
Also, the characters for AP are still "under consideration".
Yes, I have heard LOTS of speculation, but not from the same sources, so I shall not list those "guesses".
I will update any info as it becomes available.

If Snow White and Seven Dwarfs are true - excellent character choice. I might even pay for that .............. and I don't do character meals anymore. If true I think it will be hard to get.

Just thinking out loud here but if we are talking 8 character meets how long would a meal take? Character meals already take 90 mins for five characters... I could see this being very popular but also a very long meal if the dwarfs come around one by one... now a group meet either before eating or after of the dwarfs while Snow White is going table to table could work but I think it would be hard to have only one character working the floor so to speak.

Just thinking out loud here but if we are talking 8 character meets how long would a meal take? Character meals already take 90 mins for five characters... I could see this being very popular but also a very long meal if the dwarfs come around one by one... now a group meet either before eating or after of the dwarfs while Snow White is going table to table could work but I think it would be hard to have only one character working the floor so to speak.

I hear ya but I throw this out there .......
....... it stays a "Signature Meal" which normally take 1.5+ hours. And the cost is justified with 8 characters.

Maybe Snow and Dopey will be together and then the rest will come in pairs.

BUT, I think the real photo coup is to get your picture with all 7 together. Just look at the party lines to do that.

Really, zero? Not saying I like the idea but Snow White living in the woods with the dwarfs sort of fits in a resort that’s all about wilderness.

I think it fits ........... woods, woodsy, wilderness .............

Snow White
Pocohontas
Bambi
Robin Hood
Pooh ... but that is taken
Brother Bear

NOTE: Artist Point was a character meal when it opened. We had breakfast there. It was Minnie, Goofy, Pluto .... I think it changed characters later then disappeared.

Last edited:
I hear ya but I throw this out there .......
....... it stays a "Signature Meal" which normally take 1.5+ hours. And the cost is justified with 8 characters.

Maybe Snow and Dopey will be together and then the rest will come in pairs.

BUT, I think the real photo coup is to get your picture with all 7 together. Just look at the party lines to do that.

Tthey will need to make it Prix Fixe especially if they offer a group shot with all seven together. Otherwise, it will suffer the same 'cupcake to meet the Beast' mentality that BOG did. I could see a Prix Fixe that cost 2 TS credits like BOG working well. I would book this in a heartbeat if they did a group shot.

Tthey will need to make it Prix Fixe especially if they offer a group shot with all seven together. Otherwise, it will suffer the same 'cupcake to meet the Beast' mentality that BOG did. I could see a Prix Fixe that cost 2 TS credits like BOG working well. I would book this in a heartbeat if they did a group shot.

Character meals are prix fixe already.

We dined at both WCC and Artist Point this week. WCC def needs a makeover with the color palette. I don’t love the “shtick”, but I know others do.

Artist Point seems to be on its last legs. We ate at Narcoossees earlier in the trip and the service and food there was notably better. Service at AP was slow (and not a nice pacing) due to the fact our waiter seemed to be doing everything. There was no secondary staff to fill water glasses, clear plates, run food, etc. I even saw our waiter setting other tables. It just seemed odd for a signature. I don’t know if it’s a budget/management issue, but it really cheapened our experience.

I would be sad to lose Artist Point, but it doesn’t seem to be in its heyday.

We would definitely make a trip there to see Dopey at a character meal. I think the best option would be a Snow White & Dwarfs (including Dopey) breakfast & lunch, with a fine dining dinner. We wouldn't bother, if Dopey wasn't included. We also won't go to WL, unless there's a current, AP quality dinner.

NOTE: Artist Point was a character meal when it opened. We had breakfast there. It was Minnie, Goofy, Pluto .... I think it changed characters later then disappeared.

We had breakfast at Artist Point in 2000 and there were Pooh characters. It was very nice.

BOG didn't used to be. They have Belle and the Beast at dinner.

When did Belle join? I had only ever heard of Beast making occasional but not guaranteed appearances - and it was never billed as a character meal.
Word got out that he was usually there and the “let’s make reservations and take up a table and get a cupcake to split” mentality took over until they made it a prix fixe meal. But I have not heard that Belle is part of it.

If this rumor becomes reality, I have to say i'd be very excited. I absolutely LOVE the 7 Dwarfs. :love: No doubt it would be a photo-op just like BOG with the Beast. I cant see the gang roaming around from table to table. :laughing:

I would however miss Artist Point as a signature meal. Their food and service is incredible. Thankfully I have my last ADR in October. I shall savor every bite as it may be my last (as a signature). :sad:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter