• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are You Stalking any Restaurant(s) on MDE?

I have been trying to change my 'Ohana dinner reservation on our arrival day, Thursday 8/24, to an earlier time. Currently have a 8:45PM reservation, but DW thinks that will be too late after a day of travelling and plans to rope drop MK EMH the next morning with our 3 kids in tow.

I have a request set up on the reservation finder and have been stalking the MDE app multiple times a day. Still have 2 weeks, so I'm not giving up hope.

I was able to change by breakfast reservation for 'Ohana to 1900 Park Faire for the same day and within 10 minutes of the original reservation. After reading about the changes to the breakfast at 'Ohana, my family didn't mind the change even though we love Stitch. The change from bacon to ham was the tipping point.

I have so many on my list this time, but stalking did pay for for CRT this time which feels like a minor miracle although I am still stalking that one to get a better time.

It is funny I called and was online at 7am on the DOT 180 days out and my results were about 50/50 for our December trip but yesterday was 180 days for my February trip with friends and by 7:15 we had every reservation we wanted within 15 of our planned times. It has convinced me that unless MVMCP and Disney at Christmas blows my mind I am going to go back to mainly going during off times like early February.

That being said I am a long time stalker and pretty sure I will end up with most if not all I want by the time we go if history is any indication. *Just keep checking* in my best Dory voice.

So anyways on my list for stalking right now

H&V PPO
Ohana Breakfast for Arrival Day
CRT-modify
TH
BOG PPO

I've been stalking BOG for a December dinner reservation on a non-party night (currently have one during MVMCP that I'd like to move) as well as looking for a better CP package. I've had some success with the latter - swapping a Coral Reef dinner reservation for a mid-morning Akershus breakfast, which I then swapped for an early morning Garden Grill breakfast (although my goal is dinner at Via Napoli). I also have the TP reservation finder running and received a few notifications, but I'm never fast enough. I've had better success checking MDE every so often.

I'll bet that the reservations that fall during the Free Dining promotion stay are all planned and booked at the 180 mark which is probably why December is harder even at 180 days.

The res finder on touring plans is great, but I prefer Mouse Dining. It is also free, lets you search 6 at a time and keeps searching until you cancel, which is nice because you don't have to go in and reset it like you do on Touring Plans. I don't think in all the years we have been going to Disney we have EVER missed out on a reservation we really wanted. One time, we had to let a BOG dinner go when our parents decided to join us and we were not able to get that again, but as luck would have it that was the year that they were testing Magic Bands and pre-ordering at BOG and we were part of the test so we managed to get lunch which was a super compromise :) keep trying, they usually do pop up around the 30 day mark and again nightly while you are there as the cancellation needs to be made 24 hours ahead. As a matter of fact, just a few minutes ago I cancelled an 'Ohana reservation for Sunday night!

Have courage stalkers!

I booked a very last minute trip and through a combination of the Touringplans ap and some heavy duty stalking was able to get:both BOG PPO and Early Morning Magic as well as FPs for Navi River Journey, Frozen Ever After and Mine Train. I don't have high hope for Floght of Passage but will keep trying!

I stalked Beaches and Cream for December and finally got a reservation for 7:30

I check Ohana all day at work and a couple times nightly at home. I have a reservation for 3:35 but would prefer something a little later.

Ohana dinner for Wednesday December 6th, only one I need. I'm on the TP finder and nothing so far, they found me a Crystal Palace breakfast tho, wonderful service. Love those people at Touring Plans, best subscription service

Victoria's and Alberts for November. I check what seems like a billion times a day, and touring plans, and I'm on the waitlist. It's the day after our wedding and the first night of our honeymoon. We also ate there the night we got engaged. I'm desperate!

Last edited:
Ohana for Christmas Eve dinner- with my daily stalking, I was able to snag 5:40pm, but hoping to move it to later.

For everyone looking for a BOG dinner reservation.. don't lose hope! The only way we have gotten a reservation at BOG for dinner the last two years is by constantly checking all the way up until the week before our trip!! This past May I found our BOG reservation literally 2 days before the day we wanted to dine there.

Just got the BOG dinner reservation I wanted! It's later than I'd like by 2 hours, but I got it so I'm happy. If I can't get an earlier one, we can sleep in the next morning. So it's back to stalking the reservations for earlier time, only without the earlier frustration of having nothing at all.

I think the question is..... how many am I stalking.....waiting on ROL pkg for Dec and for my daughter to verify her time off ( which is hopefully will happen this week) and then I can fine tune it all

I am hard core stalking chef mickey for 7 in December. I mean, I check multiple times a day plus a TP search.

I have ohana @ 4:15 on a dessert party night so trying to reschedule to Monday 12/8, no way we can eat ohana and then all those desserts for HEA.

Sci-fi 11/30 for 5 people. At 180 days I could only get a 2:55. Would have taken a lunch or dinner. I got a linner or a dunch. After I got mine they were all gone for that day. Been looking and have t seen anything else.

Have California Grill ADR for Monday at 5:30pm. That's super early for us to eat dinner - we're usually around 7 or 7:30pm. Stalking a later time - don't necessarily need it to be close to fireworks, just later. Checking on my own + touring plans. Good luck everyone!

I am still trying for Ohana and Chef Mickey. These 2 are hard to get. Have time till end of Sept will keep trying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter