Are You Stalking any Restaurant(s) on MDE?

DeterminedOne

DIS Veteran
The question is meant to be fun-hearted, so using the word "stalk" loosely here ...
Tried for about a week to change a breakfast ADR from O'hana to 1900 PF and was having absolutely no luck. I check multiple times a day. Multiple. I finally found 9:25, but it's a little later than I want so I'm still stalking. I have a request on the reservation finder, but so far I have been faster at it.
It's after midnight and I just checked again. MDE makes it too easy to do this.
:tiptoe::laughing:

BOG dinner in October. We're only there for the weekend for MNSSHP and it's the one reservation I wasn't able to get. I keep checking for an early time the night of the party or a 'normal' dinner time the following night. So far nothing at all. I check multiple times a day. The TP reservation finder found one for me a few nights ago. Even though I dropped what I was doing (literally! It fell to the floor as I grabbed my phone), I wasn't fast enough. I've gotta work on my reflexes! If I can make them just a little bit quicker, I might get the reservation!! Getting a popular reservation at WDW is absolute insanity!!

I tried last week to find availability at Jiko to take advantage of the AP 30% discount. I found availability for last night two days before. When we arrived the restaurant was virtually empty. More guests arrived of course but I expected it go be overflowing considering the difficulty in getting seating.

BOG Dinner in January. I've already have a dinner booked but it at 4.05pm on a day I don't really want.

So I am checking due to the time difference (I'm London Based) every evening around 6-7pm and every morning around 9am just in case.

Actually who am i Kidding, as I love the app and planning I'm checking whenever I get 5 minutes.

But :ssst: as far as my family know, it's only twice a day (If I have the time) they don't know I Totally Crazy Obsessed - as currently they only think I'm crazy lol

'Ohana dinner for Monday, Oct. 30. We have a reservation for Wednesday night, but we're tweaking plans and it would be much more streamlined to go on Monday.

And in combination with that, Sci-Fi Drive-In dinner for Wednesday, Nov. 1. Apparently, YDS really wants to eat there again and failed to tell me before I made ADRs. :sad2:

Here's hoping!

I either need 4 more guests or an additional ADR for 4 at BOG for dinner next month.

I have the Touring Plans thing going and I keep checking myself. I'm hoping things will start loosening up when we get to 30 days away.

Although we have a B&C ADR for October, I've been stalking for a different night and time, because initially I took the only one that was available (near the time we wanted) the entire week we're there.

I have the Touring Plans thing going and I keep checking myself. I'm hoping things will start loosening up when we get to 30 days away.

What is the Touring Plans thing?

We booked a trip late (past the 180 window and we've never done that before), so DW and I both check daily. Really trying for the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. Also regularly check for BOG lunch and Chef Mickeys (which always appear to open up the day before).

And I just missed another Be Our Guest!! To be fair, it was later than we want to eat dinner, and I'm not sure I would have taken it if I'd had my phone right next to me. Today, though, I'll be checking even more frequently for a reservation. I always do on the days when a reservation has gotten away from me!

Don't give up! Touring Plans reservation finder has found Akershus, CTR, Crystal Palce and 1900 for us. Plus there will be ADRs that are dropped as trips get closer. I've noticed a lot of multiple ADRS for the same restaurant for the same party and then they drop them once they finalize their plans. Just keep trying you will get it.

Thanks. I'll remain hopeful. I know it's easier to get a reservation the day before or even day of, but I'd just like to have my plans finalized a bit sooner than that. It's never let me down in the past, so I'm really hopeful this time it will come through for me, or, better yet, I'll be able to find one through my own searching. Fingers crossed!

I nearly got pulled in to obsessing about getting us into BOG. But, I gave myself a stern talking to and used up the dining space on something else. I know some things are super important to holidays, but we already managed to get CRT, Ohana, Akershus, Cali Grill Brunch, etc etc. Stalking for this one made me feel bad, so I stopped, decided that we will enjoy our holiday without this one.
Please don't get me wrong, I KNOW in some cases for some people one reservation is really make or break (my son and husband would have been absolutely gutted had we failed to get an Ohana dinner, my husband would have been upset to miss Le Cellier, and my daughter would have been upset to miss CRT. My pick was Cali Grill for brunch. So we all got our top picks) but, I was making my holiday worse by spending so much time on this ONE that we didn't even know we would love, so...

I'm trying to change our Beaches and Cream time to something earlier. Currently we have an 8:20 which is a bit late for us. This one ADR has been a big pain in my butt.

Beaches and Cream. We have a 9:50 or some crazy time and I'm hoping for an earlier dinner. Res finder did snag me a Bon Voyage breakfast so that was good. When you plan a trip last minute (by Disney standards) the touring plans res finder is a huge help.

I am trying to get BOG Dinner and Ohana Dinner. I currently have Kona booked but wanted Ohana. BOG would be nice but won't make or break our vacation. The ones we really wanted are booked so these would just be extra special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter