Are you planning on getting a Covid-19 vaccination?

Are you planning to get a Covid-19 Vaccination?

• Yes

Votes: 161 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 15.7%
  • Other

Votes: 21 9.7%

• Total voters
I’m in the research every last one camp. My eldest has only missed one vaccination and it was because I researched the ingredients and was concerned he might have an adverse reaction. I brought it up to his doctor and she actually agreed with me. She’s incredibly pro vaccine, but in the isolated case of my son (based on his unique health issues at the time) she agreed that the possible benefit of the vaccine did not outweigh the risk. My youngest did receive it.

Back when the number floating around for mortality was above 3% I just kind of assumed I and my whole family would get the vaccine. Now I don’t know. There are a lot of factors: 1) Do antibodies equal immunity? 2) Will the virus be more or less virulent by then? 3) Are there known side-effects? 4) Will we have antibodies or even be able to get a test to find out? 5) How comfortable am I with a vaccine pushed through that quickly? 6) What is the health risk vs. reward?

We are highly unlikely to be one of the first ones offered the vaccine anyway. We’re homeschooling so we don’t have to be concerned with school compliance.

Well, obviously when you have a child with specific medical concerns, it warrants a closer look. However, I have never had a bad reaction to a vaccine, nor has my husband, and my kids are both super healthy, physically. They already have autism, so no fear of that one, LOL. In our case, we know the autism is genetic, and both kids had autism symptoms very soon after birth, before they got the majority of their vaccines.

I haven't gotten my teen sons the Gardisil vaccine simply because they don't even SPEAK to other kids socially, let alone have any level of interest in becoming sexually active. They are 14 and almost 16 and still act very much like little boys. So, no point in making them get a series of painful shots right now.

Well, obviously when you have a child with specific medical concerns, it warrants a closer look. However, I have never had a bad reaction to a vaccine, nor has my husband, and my kids are both super healthy, physically. They already have autism, so no fear of that one, LOL. In our case, we know the autism is genetic, and both kids had autism symptoms very soon after birth, before they got the majority of their vaccines.

I haven't gotten my teen sons the Gardisil vaccine simply because they don't even SPEAK to other kids socially, let alone have any level of interest in becoming sexually active. They are 14 and almost 16 and still act very much like little boys. So, no point in making them get a series of painful shots right now.

I added a little bit more clarity to my view point after you posted.

I have to take my youngest for shots soon and I’m dreading it. I had a method with both my kids to get them calm and now I‘m wondering if what I normally do will even be possible and if he’s going to be scared by the masks. He won’t even be able to see me smile, I won’t be able to kiss him, etc.

Painful? Less than other vaccines for adolescents.

AF48A1C2-818F-4428-92FC-82BCA866C9FC.jpeg
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4016947/

In theory, yes. I'd need more information. and need to see what's happening in the world with the coronavirus at the time the vaccine is released

I plan to!

TOTALLY different, but I remember when the chicken pox vaccine came out in 95. My oldest had the shot soon after. When he went to kindergarten, I found out that he was one of the very few to have had it. The other Moms (and Dads) didn't trust it and said it would be safer to just let their kids get the chicken pox. I was surprised at all of the distrust at the time. A few Moms told me that I would regret letting him have it, as he would more than likely now get chicken pox as an adult when it could be dangerous for him. I am out of the loop on childhood vaccination shots at my age, but I think the chicken pox vaccination is pretty standard today.
I had the chicken pox for Christmas 1994, and I passed them to my sister. We missed the vaccine by months! The vaccine would have been preferable. The chicken pox themselves weren’t too bad, but I already had one bout of shingles a few months ago, and since I’m on the younger side, I theoretically have several decades to get it again.

I will probably get the Coronavirus vaccine if one comes out, but it will be dependent on availability and, to be quite honest, insurance coverage. One of the reasons I haven’t gotten the shingles vaccine is because my insurance won’t cover it for under 50.

For comparison, I did get Gardasil as a teenager, and I get the flu shot.

I'm going to post what THEY don't want you to hear. No way I'm getting the Covid Vaccine. I'm taking me and mine to one of those Covid spreading parties. I don't want to catch Ambras Syndrome from the shot.

For those that don't like this post turn your snarkometer up to maximum and read it again.

Last edited:
I don’t know that a chart can tell you somebody’s personal pain level.

The tetanus shot really hurt me the last two times I got it. For my older daughters, Gardasil hurt them way more than their tetanus. My son didn’t find Gardasil all that painful. It doesn’t make any of us right or wrong on it.

The chart doesn’t tell a persons pain level is a graphic of how people reported their pain. Less painful, about the same, or more painful. It was a response to a poster that didn’t want her kids to experience pain.
Your daughters reports would show up in the grey column.

The chart doesn’t tell a persons pain level is a graphic of how people reported their pain. Less painful, about the same, or more painful. It was a response to a poster that didn’t want her kids to experience pain.
Your daughters reports would show up in the grey column.

I understand that. What I don’t understand is your need to question her reasoning. By replying with painful as a question, it implies you don’t think it’s painful. And I’m telling you for many kids it really is.

ETA: I don’t want to speak for her, but she never said they would never get it or that she avoids all painful vaccinations. She said she doesn’t see the reason to give them a painful one right now when they aren’t in a place in their lives to warrant needing it.

You don't research the risks of having something injected into your body?

Isn't that what all the trials they do is for?? How do you better research than one of the medical institutions(If Oxfords comes first)

I'm not really sure. I definitely am not quick to inject myself with something where the long term effects are unknown. However I have some higher-risk people in my house, my ds and my dh.

Absolutely. I am all for vaccines, and I also work in healthcare.

Definitely yes, I’m 55 and had a stroke 5 years ago, and have Type 2 diabetes which unfortunately for my children runs in both families. I would at some point get the vaccine. I know I’m high risk but there are so many people that are much higher risk than myself. I would get in line with everyone else and pray for the best. Everyone stay safe 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter