Are you planning on getting a Covid-19 vaccination?

Are you planning to get a Covid-19 Vaccination?

• Yes

Votes: 161 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 15.7%
  • Other

Votes: 21 9.7%

• Total voters
I would, yes. I do NOT want to go through all this again. Although I'm feeling good again, I'm still very weak and get tired easily. I took my first trip to the pharmacy a few days ago and I was wiped out for the rest of the day. Once my turn comes, I'll be right up there to get a vaccine.

Maybe, maybe not. It will depend on the process and which vaccine trials are successful. I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of the first mRNA vaccine ever introduced coming as part of a rushed approval process with less testing than is usual, so if that is the route that ends up working (as most experts currently expect), I'd probably seek out antibody testing first and maybe postpone my decision to see how the roll out goes. We're all very low to moderate risk in my household - DH is the highest risk, as a 50yo smoker - so we wouldn't be in the first groups to be offered it anyway.

If you research one then you've researched them all....possibility of severe allergic reaction, neurological side effects, seizures, headache, fatigue, loss of appetite, death, bla, bla, bla.....

Do you research every single food item you eat? Not much different than an injection.
Not quite.

Food and vaccines are not comparable.

Fair allocation based on risk should have you pretty near the front of the line. As I understand it, the list should look something like this:
  1. Medical personnel and first responders
  2. The elderly
  3. Persons with underlying conditions
  4. Essential workers (non-health care or first responders)
  5. Healthy adults aged 18 - 64
  6. Children
;) Not sure where politicians, celebrities and the financially elite will fit in there but as for the rest of us, this makes sense to me.
It really would be interesting to see how celebrities and financially elite handled this. Do they want one first? Or do they want the rest of us to test it out before they take the plunge. I'm sure they'd get it whenever they wanted, either way.

Who actually thinks the vaccine will be optional? Serious question.

I can't imagine this one would be any more or less mandatory than the many others we already get to protect against other illnesses. I'm sure we'll see schools add it to the required list, but we all know how many exceptions are made on that count. Some employers may attempt to do the same. But for the most part, yes, I do believe it will be as optional as other vaccines are.

I plan to!

TOTALLY different, but I remember when the chicken pox vaccine came out in 95. My oldest had the shot soon after. When he went to kindergarten, I found out that he was one of the very few to have had it. The other Moms (and Dads) didn't trust it and said it would be safer to just let their kids get the chicken pox. I was surprised at all of the distrust at the time. A few Moms told me that I would regret letting him have it, as he would more than likely now get chicken pox as an adult when it could be dangerous for him. I am out of the loop on childhood vaccination shots at my age, but I think the chicken pox vaccination is pretty standard today.

Why wouldn’t it be? Speaking for the US at least. I’m not sure that this would be any more or less required than any other vaccine.

COVID 19 cannot be compared to any other virus, obviously. Look at how it's shut down the world. They even said we are not going to get back to normal until a vaccine comes out. You think once it comes out they are going to make it optional? Even if they don't outright force you to take it, they can certainly keep you out of their stores, off their planes and places of business.

Denmark has already made the (not yet released) Covid19 vaccine mandatory. https://www.thelocal.dk/20200313/denmark-passes-far-reaching-emergency-coronavirus-law

COVID 19 cannot be compared to any other virus, obviously. Look at how it's shut down the world. They even said we are not going to get back to normal until a vaccine comes out. You think once it comes out they are going to make it optional? Even if they don't outright force you to take it, they can certainly keep you out of their stores, off their planes and places of business.

American law generally doesn't allow private businesses to demand customers' medical records. That isn't likely to change. So while schools, particularly colleges who don't have to offer the same exceptions that apply to K12 education, are likely to make it mandatory and some employers, particularly in the health care field, may require it as a condition of employment, it isn't as though we're going to see Disney demanding vaccination records for people going into their parks or McDonald's requiring it to eat at their restaurant.

Like @mom2rtk says below. I can see it being mandatory for schools, just like other vaccinations but other than that. I don't see how it can be anything but optional.

And of course most/all schools.

Nursing homes, hospitals, places of employment. This disease hits the adults harder than children. I suspect they will find a way to get everyone to take it somehow.

AS pediatricians will refuse to treat unvaccinated children, primary care physicians will refuse to treat adults who decline the vaccine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter