Are you booked with a Free Dining Offer? Poll: Have you been contacted and what offer given?

Contacted with new offer?

• Yes, received a new offer - 35% current stay

Votes: 130 53.7%
  • Yes, received a new offer - 35% off later stay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, only generic email

Votes: 38 15.7%
  • No email and no offer yet

Votes: 74 30.6%

• Total voters
Has anyone who is booked in July had a package updated? I have a room at POP 4 adults free dining booked in July my dates are July 7-15th I have gotten one email about 35% off that it. Anyone have a stay that is part when park is open and part while its closed?
I have the same exact dates and haven't seen any changes yet. Just the general email that was sent to everyone.

Does anyone know if those of us who had the dining plan and now have the 35% off room only discount will be able to re-schedule and keep the discount? This is only our second Disney vacation and we have saved for 3 years for this trip - we are definitely going to have to reschedule for when the parks are a bit more "magical" as this is a rare treat for us and I am hoping to reschedule for Fall of 2021.
This was our hope, too.

I think it’s a possibility. The only thing I got was an email about my package being adjusted. I have yet to see any adjustments with my July 7 check in date

I’ve seen people posting with trips that have July 11 falling in the middle of their dates, and some that have trips starting on or slightly after 7/11 saying no changes have been made for them.
It doesn’t affect me, but I was just curious if they haven’t seen changes yet bc they may be getting moved or possibly cancelled.
My trip is July 7-16 and my tickets are good through July 20th. I also show no changes on my ticket expiration date.

So we are a party of 6, 2 rooms at Pop for 9 nights. We booked free dining bounce back for 6 adults with 7 day park hoppers. We upgraded the room with the party of 2 to deluxe dining. On that room our reservation has been changed to Recovery20. Our price was reduced by $1800. The other room has the original package and pricing. There is no breakdown on cost.

We are in the same July boat, yacht club - July 7-13 free dining offer. I have only received the general email. All dining/fast passes gone. We have no interest in the trip because there is only the possibility of two park days. There has been no adjustment to the balance due. I was holding out hope for a rebooking offer, but I will not pay in full to get it.

Just another sad moment for my high school senior 😔

Does anyone know if those of us who had the dining plan and now have the 35% off room only discount will be able to re-schedule and keep the discount? This is only our second Disney vacation and we have saved for 3 years for this trip - we are definitely going to have to reschedule for when the parks are a bit more "magical" as this is a rare treat for us and I am hoping to reschedule for Fall of 2021.

As of now, the 35% discount is only for the dates you currently have booked. No one knows, as of yet, if they will allow guests to use that discount, instead, on a modified reservation. Hopefully we will get more answers when the reservation system comes back online.

I am booked at the FW Cabins and it was $430 a night, so I don’t think that is it. 🤷‍♀️

Ft. W is opening on June 22 along with the DVC resorts, so you may be in a different situation than those book at non-DVC resorts or not at the Ft.

So we are a party of 6, 2 rooms at Pop for 9 nights. We booked free dining bounce back for 6 adults with 7 day park hoppers. We upgraded the room with the party of 2 to deluxe dining. On that room our reservation has been changed to Recovery20. Our price was reduced by $1800. The other room has the original package and pricing. There is no breakdown on cost.

You should be entitled to the 35% off discount on that second reservation that has the free QS dining on it - it just may be that they haven't gotten around to adjusting it yet. I would keep an eye on it. If it isn't adjusted by the time the reservation system opens again, I would call when it does and have Guest Services take a look at it.

That $1800 sounds like the extra you paid for the deluxe dining which is about $140 per night for 2 people which works out to be about $1260 over 9 nights and then about a $540 Total discount for your Pop room, which assumes you paid roughly $200 A night for at rack rate? Does that sound about right?

That $1800 sounds like the extra you paid for the deluxe dining which is about $140 per night for 2 people which works out to be about $1260 over 9 nights and then about a $540 Total discount for your Pop room, which assumes you paid roughly $200 A night for at rack rate? Does that sound about right?
Yes, we definitely paid $200 per night for the room. So, $400 per night for 2 rooms. The upgrade is really that much? We already had qs dining on there. I guess you are right. We were really looking forward to the sit down dining experiences. I am curious to see how things pan out.

Yes, we definitely paid $200 per night for the room. So, $400 per night for 2 rooms. The upgrade is really that much? We already had qs dining on there. I guess you are right. We were really looking forward to the sit down dining experiences. I am curious to see how things pan out.
Yes. Quick service is just over $50 per person. That’s what you got for free, but you upgraded and almost paid an additional $70 per person per night for deluxe dining.

You should get an additional $540 or so off your second room.

My original trip (booked through Dreams Unlimited) was for the last week of March this year- cancelled due to closure. I rebooked for the end of may, then the free dining offer was announced, so I rebooked for the second week of June to get free dining. June trip cancelled due to closure, lost free dining. Rebooked for October. Two weeks later, Disney announces a 35% discount for people who lost free dining. For some reason, I can’t get the discount. I realize the joy of booking dining, fastpasses, flights, and hotels 4 times should be reward enough on its own, but I would have liked the discount. Its far from the end of the world, and I’m not a serial complainer, but I may call the mouse tomorrow and see what’s up.

I'm in the UK and we've only had a generic email saying not to contact them as they trying to figure out what the deal is for us. This email was sent out on Friday and we still haven't heard anything :confused3

Dear Guest,

Following the recent announcements about the reopening of the Walt Disney World Resort we are sure that you may have questions about how this affects your booking. We are writing to assure you that we are working diligently to be able to provide answers to all of your questions as quickly as possible. As soon as we have more information about how these changes affect your booking we will be in contact to advise you of the options that are available. We kindly request that you wait for us to email with more information and to not call us, as we will unlikely be able to answer your questions at this time.

Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated while we work to welcome you back to the Walt Disney World Resort.

Kind Regards,

Walt Disney Travel Company International

I have a July 5-12 free dining reservation booked in Jan. I got the generic email but no changes to my reservation total or description. I did however get the “don’t forget to make your final payment” email. So that’s nice.

We are in the same July boat, yacht club - July 7-13 free dining offer. I have only received the general email. All dining/fast passes gone. We have no interest in the trip because there is only the possibility of two park days. There has been no adjustment to the balance due. I was holding out hope for a rebooking offer, but I will not pay in full to get it.

Just another sad moment for my high school senior 😔
Same here another sad moment for my high school senior

My original trip (booked through Dreams Unlimited) was for the last week of March this year- cancelled due to closure. I rebooked for the end of may, then the free dining offer was announced, so I rebooked for the second week of June to get free dining. June trip cancelled due to closure, lost free dining. Rebooked for October. Two weeks later, Disney announces a 35% discount for people who lost free dining. For some reason, I can’t get the discount. I realize the joy of booking dining, fastpasses, flights, and hotels 4 times should be reward enough on its own, but I would have liked the discount. Its far from the end of the world, and I’m not a serial complainer, but I may call the mouse tomorrow and see what’s up.
According to the poll in this thread, no one has received 35% off future stay (yet). The only option so far is for those who had free dining removed from their current stay and were left with rack rate and full priced tickets, have been applied 35% off the room portion in lieu of free dining.

If someone is offered 35% off for a future stay instead of their free dining dates, we’ll hopefully hear about it here.

I'm in the UK and we've only had a generic email saying not to contact them as they trying to figure out what the deal is for us. This email was sent out on Friday and we still haven't heard anything :confused3
LOL, they really don't know yet, do they? Didn't they first announce that all dining plans were cancelled through September 2021 (in the USA, we haven't been able to book dining plans for 2021 yet, so the 2021 dates were based on the plans allowed to be booked in Europe), only to then take out the 2021 date and leave it open-ended? When is your trip? And has no one in the UK gotten 35% off the room portion of their current stay,, in lieu of the free dining plan?

As a result of physical distancing, capacity in restaurants and availability of dining experiences is very limited and certain experiences such as Character dining cannot be provided. Because of this, we have also made the difficult decision to cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney dining plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter