Are you booked with a Free Dining Offer? Poll: Have you been contacted and what offer given?

Contacted with new offer?

• Yes, received a new offer - 35% current stay

Votes: 130 53.7%
  • Yes, received a new offer - 35% off later stay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, only generic email

Votes: 38 15.7%
  • No email and no offer yet

Votes: 74 30.6%

• Total voters
Not sure what you mean by this. My sister had Free dine at Contemporary 5nts with upgrade to dlx dine. 3ad, 2 juniors. total was $6706.20 with memory maker. Now is $4762.35 with 35% discount.
For that reservation, they should refund the upgrade from reg dine to deluxe dine and then take the 35% off the room portion. For 3 adults and 2 Disney Juniors 10+, the *nightly* upgrade from DDP to DxDP was $205. That upgrade fee should be refunded and could add a pretty penny for the entire stay.

Not sure what you mean by this. My sister had Free dine at Contemporary 5nts with upgrade to dlx dine. 3ad, 2 juniors. total was $6706.20 with memory maker. Now is $4762.35 with 35% discount.

Does the $6706.20 include park tickets? If so, I think this sounds about right. It's 35% off just the room portion of a package.

I just got off the phone with disney reservations. I was concerned that my PIF date was coming soon, but like many of you, I intend to cancel. I want to wait as long as possible to see if I can recoup the discounts I had for this trip - but I will not pay the balance of a trip I won't q
I wouldn’t trust that info, I just got off the phone with a cast member and he said it is due 7 days prior to arrival.
my email with new package price said 30 days prior to arrival. I really hope it’s 7 days before. I’d prefer to wait and see exactly what opens & what the resorts are like. Has anyone found written confirmation anywhere ?

I wouldn’t trust that info, I just got off the phone with a cast member and he said it is due 7 days prior to arrival.
Back when everything was falling apart, the CM told me 24 hours as I think they were just freezing everything in their systems and not cancelling anyone, but the latest I heard over the weekend (I'm tired of calling every day even though I haven't heard anything and we're supposed to be arriving on 7/07) was 7 days; but again, since we're scheduled to arrive before everything opens up, surprised all she could was repeat the mantra when it is obvious they don't know what they are going to do with us if we actually arrive on 7/07.

As of 5 minutes ago, the last of my ADR's booked as part of the free dining promotion in January for my 7/07-7/18 have been confirmed cancelled via email (even though they were deleted from My Plans over the weekend); however, no email regarding the cancellation of my DDP or discount offer yet sent.

I was told that while they were closed the pay in full policy was 7 days, but when they reopened, it would go back to their regular 30 days. When I pretend to pay my balance online, the date shows a due by July date for our August check in

I finally have had my Wilderness Lodge reservation on 7/27 changed from the RecoveryFD to the Recovery20 Disney Resort Hotel Package. Now just to wait until someone can give me an answer about taking off the tickets I was required to get for the FD...

As of 5 minutes ago, the last of my ADR's booked as part of the free dining promotion in January for my 7/07-7/18 have been confirmed cancelled via email (even though they were deleted from My Plans over the weekend); however, no email regarding the cancellation of my DDP or discount offer yet sent.
Sounds about right. They are two (2) different workflows. Guest Reservations vs ADR. So by just cancelling all ADRs and starting over is much different than rolling through the entire reservation system using all the complex rules and exceptions like how they are going to do tickets that are attached to each reservation. Some guests may want to keep them and some will want to drop tickets. Not to mention what is the Park Hopper vs Standard Tickets.

I also expect this is why the standard reminder emails are using the pre-pandemic dates and times for prepayments etc..

Dave

Just curious, did the discount end up being higher or lower because of this?

If that's true, that's still a long time away, I would've hoped they would have had it ready before. To be honest I already think it's ridiculous that they've left us hanging this long.
Couldn't agree more

Has anyone who is booked in July had a package updated? I have a room at POP 4 adults free dining booked in July my dates are July 7-15th I have gotten one email about 35% off that it. Anyone have a stay that is part when park is open and part while its closed?
Me. My dates are from july 7 to july 14, POP too. No email or discount for me, yet.

we moved our April trip to October and had the QSDP, not free. Did not qualify for the Free Dining offered due to WDW being closed. Today my TA got the 35% offer for us. We are waiting for 2021 packages to open, have already decided to cancel the October trip. Too much uncertainty about Covid 19 and what the experience Disney will be offering.

I just got the Recovery20 Package applied and lost my Free Dining Bounceback for Aug 14-22 at Pop.
I've been checking on the app and just checked an hour ago and now and it's gone.
Got a long email like a new confirmation and it said I owe the balance (which is 650.00 less now) July 15th...I was hoping it would be 7 days prior as I wanted to see what happened by end of July but it seems I'll have to make an assessment before July 15th now.
It did say pools would be open at Pop Century in my email.
Also I have 6 day park hoppers so we will see if those get refunded as well...

Has anyone who is booked in July had a package updated? I have a room at POP 4 adults free dining booked in July my dates are July 7-15th I have gotten one email about 35% off that it. Anyone have a stay that is part when park is open and part while its closed?
Same arrival date, same package, departing a couple of days later, but at ASMu and nothing yet (except for them deleting all my ADR's).

Now we just need a hard answer on whether we can use that automatic 35% off a future trip, even if we haven’t been canceled yet. We are on the fence with our August trip but may just keep it if we lose the discount.

It’s been reported that for those who have an active Free Dining impacted by closure will be able to book with 35% off at a later date:

Hi! I was wondering who is Scott Gustin? Just wondering how he has this information. I must be out of a loop. lol I am hoping this is the case. I don't want to pay a crazy amount of $ and only have one park open. I'm trying to be patient. My husband wants to cancel now. I don't want to b/c I'm hoping we can apply the discount to a later date.

Hi! I was wondering who is Scott Gustin? Just wondering how he has this information. I must be out of a loop. lol I am hoping this is the case. I don't want to pay a crazy amount of $ and only have one park open. I'm trying to be patient. My husband wants to cancel now. I don't want to b/c I'm hoping we can apply the discount to a later date.
He’s a reporter. Usually more reliable than the bloggers, which basically get their content from these boards, LOL.

You do know that MK and AK are opening July 11 and DHS and EP on July 15th? Although, we don’t know what attractions will be open in the parks yet.

He’s a reporter. Usually more reliable than the bloggers, which basically get their content from these boards, LOL.

You do know that MK and AK are opening July 11 and DHS and EP on July 15th? Although, we don’t know what attractions will be open in the parks yet.

Yes, I know all of that. Thank you for this info! Fingers are crossed that his info will be correct and we can change our dates. Not getting my hopes up though.

It’s been reported that for those who have an active Free Dining impacted by closure will be able to book with 35% off at a later date:

That's what Disney announced when they first cancelled the dining plan, it then changed to cover the current trip instead. I would assume there was a lot of upset people that complained when they said it was for a future trip as many people wouldn't have been able to cough up the extra money for food on so short notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter