Are people always like this? - A Solo Adventure Spring Break 2018 (Completed 5/20/18)

We were evacuated a few years back from Pirates. It was really cool. It broke down just feet from the exit, right by the jail/dog with keys scene. Here's what we had to watch for about 20 minutes.

IMG_20141018_110843_684.jpg

They ended up putting people in the water with giant waders, and pushed all the boats backwards two scenes to the first fire scene. They off-loaded us from the boats and we had to go through the back of the attraction and then wander through the backstage for a while to come back out around the side of the ride. We got a FP for our trouble. Definitely a fun experience, except that it probably took about 45 minutes of lost time and the ride was down the rest of the day.

Quick question for you - Homecomin' versus Edison. We are planning our October couple-only getaway and while we are mostly targeting Food and Wine we don't want to go near Epcot Saturday night, so we were thinking of either eating a late dinner at Homecomin' and then heading to Edison for the late-night entertainment, OR just going directly to the Edison. I've generally heard better things about Art Smith's place, so I'm leaning towards that, but there's a few things at Edison that sound intriguing, if pricey. Homecomin' also takes TIW and Edison doesn't, so that also factors in that Homecomin' would get 20% off. DS is so not our thing anymore, but the Edison tempts me. (I could care less about shopping, and there are plenty of restaurants around property without the PITA of a trip to DS.)

Quick question for you - Homecomin' versus Edison. We are planning our October couple-only getaway and while we are mostly targeting Food and Wine we don't want to go near Epcot Saturday night, so we were thinking of either eating a late dinner at Homecomin' and then heading to Edison for the late-night entertainment, OR just going directly to the Edison. I've generally heard better things about Art Smith's place, so I'm leaning towards that, but there's a few things at Edison that sound intriguing, if pricey. Homecomin' also takes TIW and Edison doesn't, so that also factors in that Homecomin' would get 20% off. DS is so not our thing anymore, but the Edison tempts me. (I could care less about shopping, and there are plenty of restaurants around property without the PITA of a trip to DS.)
That's hard because they are different experiences. Based on solely the food I would choose Homecomin'. If you are looking to stay and drink and have entertainment than Edison is a good option. The food to me is good at both but I give the edge to Homecomin'. Just looking at atmosphere I give it to Edison. I also didn't experience the nighttime entertainment at Edison only what happens during Lunch.

That's hard because they are different experiences. Based on solely the food I would choose Homecomin'. If you are looking to stay and drink and have entertainment than Edison is a good option. The food to me is good at both but I give the edge to Homecomin'. Just looking at atmosphere I give it to Edison. I also didn't experience the nighttime entertainment at Edison only what happens during Lunch.

Well, that's why we are thinking dinner at Homecomin (I have an 8:40 PM reservation) and then drinks and entertainment at Edison. Seems like the best of both worlds.

The Edison was just finishing being built when I was there last, but we peaked in the windows and it looks awesome! I really want to try it. That burger looks great!

The lights on in Space Mountain is exactly why I don't ride it anymore! I am always freaked out about being decapitated lol. :scared1:

Glad you enjoyed your lunch at The Edison
The interior looks really cool can’t wait to eat there
Seeing SM with the lights on :scared1:

I think I've heard other experiences of people waiting a while at The Edison even though it wasn't crowded ... they probably just don't want to pay enough staff to turn over the tables quickly. At least the food was good.

Cool that you saw Space Mountain with the lights on from the PeopleMover! My cousin once saw Space Mountain with the lights on and now she refuses to ride it. I don't know if I ever want to see it ... it might freak me out too much.

One of these days I should probably see Country Bear Jamboree, right? It's one of those super classic things that I just have to do eventually (that and Tiki Room).

I think I've heard other experiences of people waiting a while at The Edison even though it wasn't crowded ... they probably just don't want to pay enough staff to turn over the tables quickly. At least the food was good.

Cool that you saw Space Mountain with the lights on from the PeopleMover! My cousin once saw Space Mountain with the lights on and now she refuses to ride it. I don't know if I ever want to see it ... it might freak me out too much.

One of these days I should probably see Country Bear Jamboree, right? It's one of those super classic things that I just have to do eventually (that and Tiki Room).
Yeah it definitely seems like a common thing with their seating.

It didn’t freak me out at all.

Yes please go see it!

Its a crowded Happily Ever After

After Big Thunder I headed over to stake out a spot for Happily Ever After. It was already pretty crowded and the people kept packing in front of the castle.

IMG_3573 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3381 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3389 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I ended up having a small window for photos as kids went up on shoulders in front of me....

IMG_3398 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3400 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3404 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3406 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3411 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3416 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3423 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3434 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3435 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3450 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3453 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3462 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3464 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3472 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3474 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3489 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3494 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3506 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3515 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3523 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Continued in next post...

Its a crowded Happily Ever After

IMG_3526 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3533 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3539 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3541 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3549 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3554 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3557 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3586 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3615 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3634 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3656 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3663 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3682 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3688 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3690 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3737 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3754 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3801 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3803 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The park was still open for a bit so I headed over to do the Peoplemover again (because why not?) and Haunted Mansion!

IMG_3692 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3693 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And I capped off the night with a Dole Whip!

IMG_3700 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Up Next: I rope drop Magic Kingdom!

Happily Ever After is such a good firework and projection show and there's no better way to cap off a Magic Kingdom night then by getting a dole whip!

Go see Infinity War!

That is all...

I'm guessing it was a great movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter