Are any Disney guests average income people?

I dont think anybody is suggesting that the price increases will reduce demand.

Did you get that backwards? I think we all agree that increasing prices will reduce the number of people going to Disneyworld. Correct?

What the vast majority of us agree on is how high demand has stayed in spite of massive price increases. The amount of disposable cash floating around in the economy seems to be unlimited.

Did you get that backwards? I think we all agree that increasing prices will reduce the number of people going to Disneyworld. Correct?

What the vast majority of us agree on is how high demand has stayed in spite of massive price increases. The amount of disposable cash floating around in the economy seems to be unlimited.
I don’t think price increases will reduce the number of visitors. I think it will change the makeup of who’s at the park on many days (fewer AP, more out of state/international, mire 3-4 day visitors). That’s my guess, anyway

If people spend extended unemployment in ways they might have spent lost wages then it’s working as intended. The idea of stimulus is to keep the economy from collapsing.

Agreed. At least this time around unlike during the housing loan debacle the stimulus money went to average Americans instead of Wall St. Banks and mega corporations.

I read somewhere that stuffed inside the infrastructure bill is that cash value for Reward Points and cash back from credit cards will be considered income and have to be claimed for taxes.

I mean, that kind of makes sense. We made over $3000 in income last year in credit card rewards points. Of course, that also means we spent a massive amount on our credit cards. Those rewards are just the card companies sharing the profits they make on transaction fees, for the most part. But it IS income. Not earned income, but similar to like, gambling winnings.

Growing up my family was on the lower edge of middle class. Probably leaning poor.

we went on one vacation growing up, and it was to WDW. I was in high school and it was because my parents got a windfall from a relative.

We drove and stayed at a fort wilderness cabin

now I personally make almost the exact median income in the US, though it doesn’t go far in my HCOL area.

Growing up my family was on the lower edge of middle class. Probably leaning poor.

we went on one vacation growing up, and it was to WDW. I was in high school and it was because my parents got a windfall from a relative.

We drove and stayed at a fort wilderness cabin

now I personally make almost the exact median income in the US, though it doesn’t go far in my HCOL area.
I hope you continue to find ways to make it work for you. I also had a once-in-a-lifetime experience at WDW as a child (my dad left a job that wanted him gone with the agreement that he receive a really good severance package, so he was essentially collecting two paychecks for a year - remodeled part of our house and took us to Disney). I hope the magic continues for you and yours.

Yes lol. That was backwards. What I meant was that nobody is suggesting that increasing prices will not reduce demand

I hope you continue to find ways to make it work for you. I also had a once-in-a-lifetime experience at WDW as a child (my dad left a job that wanted him gone with the agreement that he receive a really good severance package, so he was essentially collecting two paychecks for a year - remodeled part of our house and took us to Disney). I hope the magic continues for you and yours.

Part of the magic was we lost a park day (our universal day) because of hurricane Charlie. We got moved to port orleans and watched the Athens Olympics and played a monopoly game from the resort store

we were amazed at how the magic kingdom the next day looked like nothing happened

Part of the magic was we lost a park day (our universal day) because of hurricane Charlie. We got moved to port orleans and watched the Athens Olympics and played a monopoly game from the resort store

we were amazed at how the magic kingdom the next day looked like nothing happened
Hell of a story. Glad it all turned out in the end!

I don’t know any working people who spend $60 pp/week extra on coffee and eating out that could just divert that money into Disney. For the majority of people I know….they can either do both or neither.

Feels like that growing inequity is what people really feel.

The reality is that you cut stuff out so that you can afford to go. Then, Disney raises their prices, and now you can't afford to go because you have already cut everything out. This is going to be the reality for more people. What's happening now is that it's impacting more and more of the middle class, so they're becoming more vocal. That doesn't stop the rich from going and paying more.

The reality is that you cut stuff out so that you can afford to go. Then, Disney raises their prices, and now you can't afford to go because you have already cut everything out. This is going to be the reality for more people. What's happening now is that it's impacting more and more of the middle class, so they're becoming more vocal. That doesn't stop the rich from going and paying more.
Yes. Exactly.

I don't think it will decrease because of the price. It will decrease because those of us who know what was Disney, know that this is not worth the price. Shows, no EMH unless you pay, No DME, no real greet and meets. Even the newer ride is pulling major "ehs" from people. I miss Eisner. He seems to be the last CEO who thought about creativity and magic.

Isn't that basically the same thing?
To me, someone who knows. Can I afford it, yes, but it's not worth it to me. Some people can afford it, and feel like it's worth it. There are 4 different mindsets behind the why. I think I read somewhere that the average US citizen household makes about $65,000? I may be wrong though.

Last edited:
It's also NYC you may pay 450,000 a month in rent for a studio depending on where you go LOL

I live in Switzerland - the city I live is consistently ranked one of the 10 most expensive in the world to live in (well above NYC), so NYC prices don't faze me :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter