April 18 to 24 - Live Trip Report

Pop kids breakfast. A nice CM told me today that the kids breakfast comes with a side as well, and that they don't normally tell you that at the counter /register. So we grabbed the small bag if fruit today too. Nice :)
Also, no Mickey waffles. The kids waffles are round and say POP. Lame.
DH wants to get to the park, so we're leaving a bit earlier than I planned. He's anxious for some Epcot grub I think

Today our adventure began! At 4am!

We left on time for Milwaukee airport, our flight leaving at 6:50 am. We were very held up at the remote parking lot. Loads of people and not enough shuttles. Then the LONG line to check luggage. We missed our flight, arriving at the gate door at 6:44 and were turned away.

I'm at the airport now, on Standby. Not looking promising. We might be a to get a flight to Baltimore @ 10am, but they probably wont have room for us on the connecting flight to MCO.

It looks like our best chance for a flight is the LAST three seats on a direct at 2pm. As long as no one buys the tickets between now and then. I thought about buying them myself, but at $444 each eeek. Hard to swallow.

DD is taking it pretty well. DH is irritated but I'm super irritated they wouldn't let us on the plane. The door hadn't even been closed. Many other people missed this flight too. Luckily we are the first ppl on the standby list.

No more early flights for me. Next time we'll fly in the evening before and stay at a hotwire airport hotel the first night and have fresh faces for Mickey.

We rescheduled FP to evening. We lost SDMT, but oh well.
Hey I am from the Milwaukee area too. What the heck is going on with MKE. My dh thinks I am absolutely nuts for wanting to be there so early. Seriously, by the time we park and check in and get thru security, we are only waiting for a few moments. Getting your luggage is the worst. We have waited for over an hour. Write a letter or an email to the airport, I have. They send out emails praising their new construction, but their customer service, TSA's are horrible.

It's 9:14 am and I'm still in the room at Pop. Hubs and DD went to the arcade. I'm letting mouse keeping into the room today, so of course I need to clean it first. I only suffer from this OCD issue at hotels thankfully. It drives hubs bananas.

We're going to Epcot today. I decided after our long day yesterday that we better start late if we're going to make it all the way to Illuminations. So, I hope to get to park around noon. I burned the throwaway FP on turtle talk by scheduling it at 9:30 am. The other two FP, SE and Soarin are for early afternoon. I hope I can get SDFP for TT. Keeping fingers crossed.

We'll lunch in WS and snack around F&G items. Must get more of that purple lemonade! I also want perfume from Norway. Kid ate food in room for breakfast but hubs and I are saving appetite for WS. We have no ADRs today.

Weather looks hot but good. Should be a great day! Let's see if we can take advantage of the FP+ benefit of arriving at the parks later. I already expect a slower pace, and it should be fine.
You can reuse your FP if you did not use it. Use it for Illuminations. I cancelled our Soarin, since we rode it right away in the morning and my dh didn't want to re-ride. The line for FP to get in the area, is huge, but the area is really big. I thought it was a great spot.

Just got extra SDFP for SE, MS & TT at kiosk. Afternoon and early evening times available.

You can reuse your FP if you did not use it. Use it for Illuminations. I cancelled our Soarin, since we rode it right away in the morning and my dh didn't want to re-ride. The line for FP to get in the area, is huge, but the area is really big. I thought it was a great spot.

Thanks for the tip! You're a sweetie! I'm gonna go do that right now!!

Hey I am from the Milwaukee area too. What the heck is going on with MKE. My dh thinks I am absolutely nuts for wanting to be there so early. Seriously, by the time we park and check in and get thru security, we are only waiting for a few moments. Getting your luggage is the worst. We have waited for over an hour. Write a letter or an email to the airport, I have. They send out emails praising their new construction, but their customer service, TSA's are horrible.

The super saver shuttle and luggage check in ate up all our time. Probably mostly the luggage check in though. I saw an ad for FastPark and Relax company that's just 58 cents more per day, I wonder if their service is better. When the Southwest agent refused to board us I wept. MKE made me sad.

11:17 am. 77 degrees and sunny. Low humidity. Perfect weather. DD,DH are in MS orange. I'm resting feet. I don't do MS.

It's a green day for crowds both with UT and EadyWDW. It's a wonderful world!

We are usually there this week. We have been for the last 10 years. My dh convention was moved to February-blah-I have a picture of me in my winter coat at EPCOT during Illuminations. It wasn't freezing, but let's just say, I was more comfortable with it on. I never thought I would ever wear a winter coat in Florida.

Quick update. Did TT single rider then visited butterfly garden. Headed to WS got purple lemonade and went to Norway. Saw frozen museum. Went into shop to buy perfume, Laila. Met creator of perfume. He gave me a hand massage. I bought the set with lotion and small Norwegian handbag. He signed the bottle and took a photo with me. He was very gracious and chatty. $100 for set, I thought it was a good price. E gave hubby and DD samples.
We are at 9 dragons now eating lunch (hubs choice). Having a Lovely day.

Ordered blackberry jasmine ice tea, good, strawberry smoothie for kid, super overly sweet.
Lo mein for me. Gross. DH liked his kung pow. Can't believe I'm n Epcot eating third rate Chinese food. Hubby is annoyed with me for driving all the WDW choices so I gotta let him drive sometimes

In Fp Q for Soarin now. Stand by us 45 min, seems low to me. TT is 75 min now!

Our flight is over. Now we are in LWTL 10 min standby. Haven't done this one in a while :)

DD/DH went to use TT FP. I went to Nemo.
We'll head back to WS after this, we have more exploring to do and DD wants to do more Perry.
We'll need to make some food choices for dinner later too. I'm picking this time though!

It's 85 degrees, very sunny. No breeze. I'm sticking to the shade when possible.

Done with SE. It had a few pauses, so it took a bit. DD/DH joined me at the exit area to play some of the fun games they have there. Now DH is taking my shopping bag to the car while DD and I play Where's the Fire and Piggy Bank.

For those interested we haven't seen any love bugs. I hope I'm not jinxing it by saying so! ;)

DD has been wearing a furry Stitch hand all day today and waving at everyone, giving "high four" to all the CMs. She bought it at Pop this morning. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter