• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 18 to 24 - Live Trip Report

kaetra

Magic is Real
Today our adventure began! At 4am!

We left on time for Milwaukee airport, our flight leaving at 6:50 am. We were very held up at the remote parking lot. Loads of people and not enough shuttles. Then the LONG line to check luggage. We missed our flight, arriving at the gate door at 6:44 and were turned away.

I'm at the airport now, on Standby. Not looking promising. We might be a to get a flight to Baltimore @ 10am, but they probably wont have room for us on the connecting flight to MCO.

It looks like our best chance for a flight is the LAST three seats on a direct at 2pm. As long as no one buys the tickets between now and then. I thought about buying them myself, but at $444 each eeek. Hard to swallow.

DD is taking it pretty well. DH is irritated but I'm super irritated they wouldn't let us on the plane. The door hadn't even been closed. Many other people missed this flight too. Luckily we are the first ppl on the standby list.

No more early flights for me. Next time we'll fly in the evening before and stay at a hotwire airport hotel the first night and have fresh faces for Mickey.

We rescheduled FP to evening. We lost SDMT, but oh well.

Flight Delay
After letting us sit in standby for a couple hours, Southwest gave us boarding passes for a 5:35pm direct flight (thank goodness!), so we went home to wait. A new Southwest employee brought them over to us and said in confidence she didn't understand why they wouldn't let us on our original flight and that the last airline she worked at would have held the plane a few minutes, no problem. Then she said something about Southwest's union, but I didn't catch it all.

At about 1:00pm I got a text notice that the flight has been delayed by 1.5 hours. :( (At least we're waiting at home now.)

I dumped all our FP+ for today at MK. Including our ONLY Space Mountain for the trip since it's going down for a few days while we're there.

About 30 minutes later, I got a text from Disney reservations at 2:45pm their time. I had pre-checked in saying we would be there at 3pm. The text says "See the front desk about your room assignment when you arrive."

Feeling super let down. This morning a 5 minute difference in time would have had me at MK today! If the flight isn't further delayed we won't be landing until 10:35 pm. And Heaven Knows if we'll ever see our checked luggage again on this earth :sad:

I need to cheer up and be thankful that at least I get to go to Disney World! But it feels like it's one of those "everything that can go wrong will go wrong" kind of days!

Last edited:

What a rough start to the trip!!! Who knows maybe that text from Disney is a hint that you have pixie dust waiting on you. pixiedust:pixiedust:

Finally arrived at POP, 12:24am Eastern time. We are in the 60s on the lake side.

Checked in at front desk, was given room number and map. Got to room, exhausted. Magic Bands would not open door :( I called the POP desk while husband walked down to lobby. 20 minutes on hold with lobby, and the bands finally worked to let us in.

I am ready to push the reset button on this first day and start fresh tomorrow. Which also, is my birthday, just so you know... So Murphy and your Law, how about a Truce?

image.jpg

Last edited:
3 am luggage delivery

On the bright side! Our luggage, by some miracle, made it. YAY! Bell Services called our room at 3am to say they just got our luggage and would we like it delivered to our room? Yes please! And it was here within a couple minutes.

Fresh clothes and toiletries are on the menu this morning! Thank you!!

Funny thing is, we didn't even use ME this trip. On a whim, just before we left, I had changed our regular luggage tags to - "My name, POP Century, Disney World, My mobile number" instead of my normal home address info. I figured if they got lost they should be able to figure out where to find me, and it worked!

:jumping1::dancer::cheer2: Yay for bag arrival!!!
Funny thing is, we didn't even use ME this trip. On a whim, just before we left, I had changed our regular luggage tags to - "My name, POP Century, Disney World, My mobile number" instead of my normal home address info. I figured if they got lost they should be able to figure out where to find me, and it worked!
That's a good tip if I ever decide to fly down again!

Sounds like the magic of DInsey is already starting to work. Have fun at Epcot.

Breakfast at POP
9 am and we're finishing up breakfast. Kid got pancakes. They were really good and she loves the sausage here.
We got through a busy line fairly quickly, and food was still hot when we got to the table. I had chico milk, hubby had Belvita he brought with him.
I don't want to fill up, f&g awaits!

Last edited:
Rental car, we got a Ford Edge for the price of a mid with National. I ❤ this car!

9:12 am, its 78 degrees and 87% humidity. Going to be a warm one today!

In the car and at Epcot lot within about 5 minutes. Love having the sweet ride!

Test Track opens, instantly has 40 min Q.

We did nemo, no wait.

Having lots of trouble with MDE app, can't seem to get it to do anything.

Everyone is staring at their phones lol, including me. Temp is rising. TT queue is cool at least. Definitely not able to take advantage of arriving early with TT being down the first hour.

I LOVE THAT THIS IS LEGIT LIVE. I am hereeeeeeeee. Good luck with your Epcot plan <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter