• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Apparent leak of photos of Wish atrium!!!

Have to agree that it looks underwhelming. Hopefully, it is nicer in person.

I still say I like it! If folks dont like it, they dont have to sail on it. The other 4 ships are still there.

While that is very true for those of us who like the short cruises out of PC we are stuck. We have sailed the Dream the most because it fits our schedule.

My guess was that they would have registration at the top of the slide, and that the slide would then lead directly into the secured area. Otherwise, parents of younger kids would have to accompany them down the slide to register.

So then repeating over and over would mean checking out and back in again. Maybe they would get away with it once, but I imagine doing it repeatedly would be discouraged.
kids in shorts, bare skin on plastic, how are they going to slide ?

What time do you think debarkation will be? I want to set up a rental car for after and don't know what time to put for pick up.

And guys, try not to be so negative before you even get on the ship.. it will already give you bad vibes before even getting on the ship, and won't be able to judge without pre-bias

Just looking at the photo of the atrium...the carpet is incredibly jarring. You have the subdued blues and whites and golds and then BAM! CARPET!

The rest of it is....fine? I don't hate it necessarily, but I'm underwhelmed. It's just lacking overall. I hope the LED lights provide some needed character, but that would only be at certain times of day/night (I assume?)

I can't tell where the slide is located, but it's bizarre that it's even in the atrium at all. Totally not against a slide on the ship, but right there?

We don't have plans to sail on her anytime soon, so I hope those here can provide updated & more complete pictures! And I hope the theming of the other rooms is out of this world amazing.

I’m having trouble understanding why I’m seeing so many replies from people who think the slide will be right out in the open in the atrium.

I get that there’s a work-in-progress picture of it just sitting there, but every single piece of information, renderings, pictures show it built into the ship going between floors 3 and 2.

You will not see the slide from the atrium, you will only see the entrance with a podium and cast member there checking children in. If your child has trouble on the slide, there will be an alternate check-in on deck 2.

I’m having trouble understanding why I’m seeing so many replies from people who think the slide will be right out in the open in the atrium.

I get that there’s a work-in-progress picture of it just sitting there, but every single piece of information, renderings, pictures show it built into the ship going between floors 3 and 2.

You will not see the slide from the atrium, you will only see the entrance with a podium and cast member there checking children in. If your child has trouble on the slide, there will be an alternate check-in on deck 2.
Only the entrance will be visible from the atrium. It looks fine to me. But the slide isnt built into the wall. the slide will be fully visible going from one level down to the next. It looks like it even has a red sofa around the base of it for people to sit on.

Yeah, everyone knows kids who live in warm climates don't get to use slides. What a bizarre statement. 🤣
Im from a climate where we all wear shorts 10 months of the year. We all go down slides in our shorts and not once have we thought about the need for a special technique to deal with fact we are wearing shorts. we just go down in the same way as if we are wearing pants.

Only the entrance will be visible from the atrium. It looks fine to me. But the slide isnt built into the wall. the slide will be fully visible going from one level down to the next. It looks like it even has a red sofa around the base of it for people to sit on.
That makes sense from a safety perspective - fully visible from the deck 2 kids club you mean? I’m not sure why anyone would have a concern about how it looks from the kids club, though.

I just hope we get some more information soon!

That makes sense from a safety perspective - fully visible from the deck 2 kids club you mean? I’m not sure why anyone would have a concern about how it looks from the kids club, though.

I just hope we get some more information soon!

It's not just from the kid's club. It is fully visible from anyone walking on that side of the main floor of the atrium.

It's not a matter of it not being finished. It is clear from the finishing work that it will be as exposed as shown in the photos. I looked through the renderings you mentioned earlier, and none show it "built into the ship." The renderings I inserted below shows it exposed too.

See how the entrance is actually located in the atrium, to the side? This is the main floor of the attrium:

1656023213453.png

You can tell from the rendering that it won't be enclosed in walls and is fully visible as you walk by:

1656021907428.png

See how out in the open it is? This photo is taken from the main floor of the atrium, if you were to look over the railing. You can tell from the finish work and railing that this won't be enclosed.
1656022011814.png

In fact, from this rendering, it looks like you can see it when standing at the bottom of the grand staircase in the atrium:

1656024280339.png

And here, standing well into the atrium, from the rendered video:
1656024552367.png

But I don't think the renderings do justice to just how much of the slide you will see when on the entrance level. You can see a lot of the slide in this photo, taken from the main atrium level:

1656022086368.png

I don't think is a big deal, but it just looks a little tacky. Like a McDonald's playground, not really matching the classic aesthetic of the surrounding area. Again, not something that I really care about, but I would have designed it concealed, as a true secret passage slide instead, not detracting form the overall look of the area.

Overall, I think I mostly like the look of the atrium, even though many don't. I want to see a bit more before I make up my mind.

Attachments

• 1656023324759.png
    1656023324759.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 1656024498803.png
    1656024498803.png
    410.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It's not just from the kid's club. It is fully visible from anyone walking on that side of the main floor of the atrium.

It's not a matter of it not being finished. It is clear from the finishing work that it will be as exposed as shown in the photos. I looked through the renderings you mentioned earlier, and none show it "built into the ship." The renderings I inserted below shows it exposed too.

See how the entrance is actually located in the atrium, to the side? This is the main floor of the attrium:

View attachment 678834

You can tell from the rendering that it won't be enclosed in walls and is fully visible as you walk by:

View attachment 678828

See how out in the open it is? This photo is taken from the main floor of the atrium, if you were to look over the railing. You can tell from the finish work and railing that this won't be enclosed.
View attachment 678829

In fact, from this rendering, it looks like you can see it when standing at the bottom of the grand staircase in the atrium:

View attachment 678837

And here, standing well into the atrium, from the rendered video:
View attachment 678839

But I don't think the renderings do justice to just how much of the slide you will see when on the entrance level. You can see a lot of the slide in this photo, taken from the main atrium level:

View attachment 678830

I don't think is a big deal, but it just looks a little tacky. Like a McDonald's playground, not really matching the classic aesthetic of the surrounding area. Again, not something that I really care about, but I would have designed it concealed, as a true secret passage slide instead, not detracting form the overall look of the area.

Overall, I think I mostly like the look of the atrium, even though many don't. I want to see a bit more before I make up my mind.
This is super helpful! Thank you for the detailed response and oh my, I did not understand how open that was. It does look just a bit tacky and how they handled it begs the question, why?

I think I’ll like the atrium overall but that is pretty funky.

This is super helpful! Thank you for the detailed response and oh my, I did not understand how open that was. It does look just a bit tacky and how they handled it begs the question, why?

I think I’ll like the atrium overall but that is pretty funky.
At least wait until you see it completed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter