AP - Room Booking via Package (reference other thread)

I always have to pay a single adult supplement anyway, but what I did was check the total online price for a one-adult only package for my dates. When I then went into the travel agents to book it, I checked again with them that this was the total package price, then I will add my daughter to the room when we check in at the Santa Fe, and will pay local taxes (a couple of euros). I checked this with the travel agent, who checked with Disney by phone for me while I was there with them.

Iain if you're expecting to be able to add your partner and children's names to the booking before you go, thats maybe where the confusion lies - my daughter is named on my booking with my travel agent, but she's not mentioned at all on my Disney invoice, I know I have to add her when I get there.

So to clarify:.

1) Book a package for 1 person.
2) On arrival date, turn up at reception en mass.
3) At check, ask to add 3 extra people (1 Adult, 2 Children) to the room on a room-only basis.
4) As I have a room for 4 (as that's the case for all rooms), they should happily accept the other 3 guests
5) I will be charged a local tax for the extra people, which should be a couple of € per person.

Got it?

Thanks

Iain

Does anyone know if this tactic can be used when booking with DVC points? We have DLP APs and own DVC, but haven't used our points for any DLP hotels as length of stay tickets are required for the gorup. Could we book for one person and then add the other 1 adult and 2 children when we check in to avoid having to buy park tickets for all four of us?

Only just read this thread as i was away.

Mmmm, my experience of it was similiar to DLPdaft i think. I priced up the Sequoia Lodge for one adult and got the price.
Booked with First Choice (who book direct with Disney anyway) and explained that we want the room with tickets for 1 adult but that I an annual pass holder will be staying in the room too.

It wasn't a problem at all, apparently i am added in note form on the Disney computer systems to explain this. I have been told i will have to pay a couple of Euro's city tax when i get there.

The disney invoice shows no mention of my name either.

Hi,

Still haven't made my booking. Just a final check that this 'scam' still works (yes, I know the word 'scam' is wrong...).

Thanks

Iain

Yes it still works - Poppie123 has just returned from a trip booked this way :).

Hi Iain

I've just recently returned from my hols booking it this way as well.

No problem at check in, the receptionist added me to the booking, reprinted the keycard to show 2 adults and I paid a local city tax of about € 2 per night I think.

Will be doing this again when I go back in March next year:)

we did this the other day at the davey crocket, i tunred up and added my oh to the booking as a room only person (he has annual pass), i was charged 1.87 for the 4 nights (i think he just told me a random number) he actually tried to get me not to tell him, but roy wanted breakfast! lol, when i ask to add roy he said "has the person not arrived yet, come back later once they have arrived" and winked at me, i then said "but we need him to have breakfast" the cm then said "you get more than enought breakfast that you could share, when he arrives" followed by another wink! but Roy likes to do things by the book so i asked again to add him, the Cm then had to go and ask what he had to do and came back with the 1.87 and a receipt pad. he then printed roy his own hotel pass and took my 1.87 euro!

Yes i have just done this and was charged 2E 20 for the 2 nights.

The only thing i would say is when we actually booked the trip through First Choice they took all my details and said that a note had been added on their computer systems to say that i would be staying in the room

On arrival there was no mention of me on the computer whatsoever :confused3 which confused the person on reception.
In future i think i will just wait until arrival before saying anything about adding another person to the room

Well just to update my original thread - I've finally made my hotel booking @ HNY for 1 Adult.

I've held out, and held out for a better price (having missed earlier much better prices), but have finnally now accepted the listed price.

The rest of my party (1 Adult, 2 Child), will be magically added to my room (without passes) at check-in.

Thanks

Iain

yes, it works for the DLH too :) - but whether that makes it "cheap" is another matter - ie I just did a costing for early Oct, one adult, 3 days/4nights, and even with 30% off, its nearly £1000!

Well just to update my original thread - I've finally made my hotel booking @ HNY for 1 Adult.

I've held out, and held out for a better price (having missed earlier much better prices), but have finnally now accepted the listed price.

The rest of my party (1 Adult, 2 Child), will be magically added to my room (without passes) at check-in.

Thanks

Iain

We are doing exactly this for our June stay.:thumbsup2

Our last visit in September when we booked (back in March) with First Choice they took down all my details too and said i was added onto the booking in note form, that Disney was aware that i too would be staying although there was no mention of me on the reservation.

When we arrived at check in there was nothing to say i was staying too which i think confused them.
For that reason this time round i am just going to be added to the room when we check in.

Thought I'd revive this thread and see if anyone else has successfully done this recently? I know its perfectly OK to do it, but can't help thinking maybe DLP will realise one day and stop it.
I'm a bit wary of booking our trip for one person (BF) and adding me on when we get there in case it doesnt work. I'm buying an AP - after single person supplement etc it works out about the same price as package for 2 people, but I'll have AP for the other 2 trips I plan to take in the following year instead of just 3 days of tickets.
Please someone reassure me that it will be ok :thumbsup2

Hi guys,

This sounds like a good idea, so you literally just turn up with the one extra person, and say you wish to add them?

What if there was a problem in adding them to the room?.. Although I guess 1 adult 1 child say in the Sequioia would have 2 double beds anyway..

Hi guys,

This sounds like a good idea, so you literally just turn up with the one extra person, and say you wish to add them?

yes, thats exactly what you do.

What if there was a problem in adding them to the room?.. Although I guess 1 adult 1 child say in the Sequioia would have 2 double beds anyway..

as long as you are not going over the maximum occupancy of 4 guests in a standard room, there will be no problem adding them to the room.

hope this helps,

I think they way it works (someone correct me if i am wrong) is that when you book for one person you are booking the room and their park tickets. Then if you add more people the extra cost is really just for their tickets. (at least that is what someone told me.)

Last year when i booked room only on Expedia it cost me £56 for one person, however it would have cost £56 if i had of had 4 people staying becuase that is what the room cost total no matter how many were sleeping in it.(4 max though)

I did it in September just gone at the Sequoia and it wasn't a problem and i plan to do the same thing in June next year at the Cheyenne.

The only time you need to be careful is if you turn up on mass and try and book say 4 adults into the Cheyenne as Disney will tell you that you that the bunk beds are only suitable for children under the age of 12 (which is stupid i know) but that is what they will say.

Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter