• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP - Room Booking via Package (reference other thread)

Iain Chapman

Are we back at DLRP yet?
Hi,

The "Useful" thread contains a link to an another thread entitled "AP holders - another onsite hotel booking option" - see http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2423594

Basically for those looking to purchase APs or already hold them, you book a package for the bear minimum number of people and then add the remaining members of your party on a room-only basis.

Just wondering if anyone has done this recently, and can confirm if the method still works?.

Thanks

A couple of us have rooms booked right now done this way, for trips in September and October (I'm one of them).

Thanks DLPdaft.

Is it important to make the booking via phone?. Just wondering if anyone has successfully done this by booking on the website (thus possibly attracting other options such as QuidCo), and then calling later to amend the booking to include the room-only people?.

Thanks again

i have a room booked but i have not yet added anyone. my sister is toying with the idea of joining me and if she does i will be adding her onto my booking and she will get an ap when we arrive

We used this method for our trip in October '09 and March '10. We booked for 1 adult and 1 child on- line for Davy Crockett, and then when we checked in we paid the local taxes to add on another child and adult. I think it cost us roughly €1 per night.

was it easy to do? did the cms know what you were asking? did you still get breakfast for the extra people and did you have to show proof of tickets or ap when you booked in?

sorry for all the questions but i am just interested to see how it works

was it easy to do? did the cms know what you were asking? did you still get breakfast for the extra people and did you have to show proof of tickets or ap when you booked in?

sorry for all the questions but i am just interested to see how it works

When we checked in, we just said that we would like to add another adult and child to our room with no tickets, and we just paid the taxes. We were then given another Hotel Easy-Pass with the extra 2 people on, and we handed this in at breakfast (I know you collect breakfast from a hut at Davy Crockett, but the pass still shows how many people are entitled to it) Also, you would need to show this for EMH. But, the added bonus of it means, that if you are only going to buy a Fantasy Pass, you will still get EMH :thumbsup2

I was a bit cautious the first time we did it incase they said it was not allowed, but, you are informing them that there are going to be extra people in your room, and you're paying the local taxes for them being there, so there is no problem (as long as you don't exceed the room occupancy).

As for having to show our APs, we've not been asked, but that's not to say they may not in future, but I don't see why they would need to see it.

Hope this helps:)

We used this method for our trip in October '09 and March '10. We booked for 1 adult and 1 child on- line for Davy Crockett, and then when we checked in we paid the local taxes to add on another child and adult. I think it cost us roughly €1 per night.

We also did this in June :thumbsup2

As mummybear said, the €1 a night also gets your guests breakfast (amazing!), and there is no need for your guests to be AP holders.

You could actually stay in one of the hotels as an extra person and not have tickets at all as theres nothing to say you have to go into the parks if you are staying in one of the hotels (although it would be very unusual not to). We added (adult) Ds on last summer and only had to pay 1 euro per night. We had booked a package as it was cheaper than room only even though we had APs so had spare tickets we didnt need - DS used one of these and so we didnt need to buy him a ticket either. They didnt ask anything about why we were adding him or what he was doing about ticket

The 1E we paid included breakfast and as we'd upgraded to Admirals floor at a time when they were giving lots of perks (afternoon tea and cakes, soft drinks through day, hot breakfast) he got all those as well - he certainly got his 1E worth.
The easy pass they had reasy for us showed 3 people but they printed another showing 4 people and asked how many we wanted - so we got 2 so DS could have his own and meant he could get into park /breakfast/swimming etc without us

When we checked in, we just said that we would like to add another adult and child to our room with no tickets, and we just paid the taxes. We were then given another Hotel Easy-Pass with the extra 2 people on, and we handed this in at breakfast (I know you collect breakfast from a hut at Davy Crockett, but the pass still shows how many people are entitled to it) Also, you would need to show this for EMH. But, the added bonus of it means, that if you are only going to buy a Fantasy Pass, you will still get EMH :thumbsup2

I was a bit cautious the first time we did it incase they said it was not allowed, but, you are informing them that there are going to be extra people in your room, and you're paying the local taxes for them being there, so there is no problem (as long as you don't exceed the room occupancy).

As for having to show our APs, we've not been asked, but that's not to say they may not in future, but I don't see why they would need to see it.

Hope this helps:)

We also did this in June :thumbsup2

As mummybear said, the €1 a night also gets your guests breakfast (amazing!), and there is no need for your guests to be AP holders.

You could actually stay in one of the hotels as an extra person and not have tickets at all as theres nothing to say you have to go into the parks if you are staying in one of the hotels (although it would be very unusual not to). We added (adult) Ds on last summer and only had to pay 1 euro per night. We had booked a package as it was cheaper than room only even though we had APs so had spare tickets we didnt need - DS used one of these and so we didnt need to buy him a ticket either. They didnt ask anything about why we were adding him or what he was doing about ticket

The 1E we paid included breakfast and as we'd upgraded to Admirals floor at a time when they were giving lots of perks (afternoon tea and cakes, soft drinks through day, hot breakfast) he got all those as well - he certainly got his 1E worth.
The easy pass they had reasy for us showed 3 people but they printed another showing 4 people and asked how many we wanted - so we got 2 so DS could have his own and meant he could get into park /breakfast/swimming etc without us

thank you all that is very helpful. i think i will just add her onto the booking over the phone as i will have to purchase a ticket for her for the mnsshp in any case so may as well kill two birds with one stone. i can just pay the city tax then when i get there

thank you all that is very helpful. i think i will just add her onto the booking over the phone as i will have to purchase a ticket for her for the mnsshp in any case so may as well kill two birds with one stone. i can just pay the city tax then when i get there

I seem to remember if we added DS onto the booking in advance over the phone we had to pay something like £90 (he was a 3rd adult in the room) which would get him a ticket so it was a choice of £90 in advance or 1E per night - it didnt take long to decide which option to take

I seem to remember if we added DS onto the booking in advance over the phone we had to pay something like £90 (he was a 3rd adult in the room) which would get him a ticket so it was a choice of £90 in advance or 1E per night - it didnt take long to decide which option to take

i am going to try to add their name on the booking but without tickets. can this be done over the phone or do i just have to turn up with extra people and do it as i check in? i thought i remembered someone who added their husband on this way

As I say we were told if we did it over the phone it was £90 and would have to include tickets or if we did it there only local tax and we didnt have to have the tickets

Sonya I have notes on my booking with the travel agent which have my DD's details on, even though I am only paying for one adult on a package. My confirmation doesn't mention my daughter at all, so to be honest, you'd be just as well waiting until you get there to book your sister in to the room with you.

my only problem is i will have to ring to purchase her a ticket to the mnsshp night so i hope they will allow me to buy more tickets then people booked into the room kwim?

nothing is decided yet so i will see what happens when the time comes

my only problem is i will have to ring to purchase her a ticket to the mnsshp night so i hope they will allow me to buy more tickets then people booked into the room kwim?

I cant see there will be a problem as you dont have to be staying onsite to go to the party do you? You could be buying a ticket for a day visitor - but there again this is DLP so you could be told anything depending on which CM you get

You don't have to add the MNSSHP ticket to your Disney booking - you can buy that completely separately, and these stand-alone tickets are available to buy now, just by calling your normal booking line. I have a package for October, but I'm buying my MNSSHP tickets completely separately, because I get AP discount by doing this.

I see your problem, we were in the same position. What we have done, is to buy MNSSHP tickets, and had them delivered to us here. We booked ours last month and they came within a week :cool1:

OK - so I've probably missed something.

Called the booking line today to discuss this. Was told it would be no issue to book a package for 1 person, and then 'later' add another adult and 2 children if required.

However the part that I've obviously gone wrong on is that I was then told I would have to then pay an extra adult supplement (children would be free). So for example if looking at the New York, it would cost £665 for the 1-person package, and then another £100 (or so) for the extra adult. When looking at this thread people some to talking about the extra people being a mere couple of euros.

I'd gone in with the 'tact' that I was booking for me, but there was a chance my partner and her children may also be able to attend, but they already had tickets.which would be valid.

Any thoughts on what I did wrong/asked for wrong?. Or is the trick just to book the 1 person and then 'deal' with it at the hotel on arrival (which frankly fills me with horror given some of the conversations I've had receptions at check-in previously ...).

Thanks

Iain.

are you sure they didnt mean that a single supplement was already added into the price? if booking for one person there is a rather high single supplement onto the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter