AP - Room Booking via Package (reference other thread)

I agree with Elaine I dont think theres anything to worry about.

When we did this last summer to add DS at the last minute we were told by the booking line that we could add him on before hand and pay the additional adult supplement (£90) or add him when we arrived and pay the local tax (1E per night). They obviously knew which we would choose.

See that's what's worried my now A Small World.

When FC rang Disney they said i would have to pay at check in to stay in the room also but didn't say how much i just presumed it would be the couple of Euros that i paid in September.
After reading what loladelorean and yourself put about how much they wanted to add someone before hand i am now terrified that they are going to have added this onto the booking or will try and charge me it at check in. :eek:

See that's what's worried my now A Small World.

When FC rang Disney they said i would have to pay at check in to stay in the room also but didn't say how much i just presumed it would be the couple of Euros that i paid in September.
After reading what loladelorean and yourself put about how much they wanted to add someone before hand i am now terrified that they are going to have added this onto the booking or will try and charge me it at check in. :eek:

With us it was adding a 3rd adult though (we were already 2 adults/one child)

I really wouldnt worry but you could put your mind at rest by phoning to say its a possibility you may be joining the person in the room and want to know how much it would cost on arrival.
I get the impression the CM that loladelorean spoke to didnt know her stuff as she had also said about cashing the package tickets in against an AP which we all know cant be done

With us it was adding a 3rd adult though (we were already 2 adults/one child)

I really wouldnt worry but you could put your mind at rest by phoning to say its a possibility you may be joining the person in the room and want to know how much it would cost on arrival.
I get the impression the CM that loladelorean spoke to didnt know her stuff as she had also said about cashing the package tickets in against an AP which we all know cant be done

Arr right , thanks Small World. For us it is just adding me to a 1 adult booking.
I am sure it will be fine and the girl at FC remembers us from last time so knows we only paid the city tax, if the invoice arrives and they have charged extra i have no doubt she will sort it out.

You're right I really don't think she had any clue what I was on about! That £170 would be for adding an extra person room only on arrival with no tickets! In addition to the £316 already paid for one person :scared1:
I'm going to ask again when I call back to book, and hope that it was just that CM who was clueless :confused:

You're right I really don't think she had any clue what I was on about! That £170 would be for adding an extra person room only on arrival with no tickets! In addition to the £316 already paid for one person :scared1:
I'm going to ask again when I call back to book, and hope that it was just that CM who was clueless :confused:

I think when we original looked at this and discussed with the booking people they also quoted some stupid price just to add someone to the room minus tickets. Alternately it was also suggested that it could be done at check-in.

My concern was that as I needed 4 in the room, I didn't want a repeat of Heather's experience at the check-in desk. They aren't (and haven't for some weeks now) been offering rooms on the website at NYH for the period I am looking at, so I'm thinking that the hotel is busy. Thought it best (as a result of Heather's post) to advise them first.

I think when we original looked at this and discussed with the booking people they also quoted some stupid price just to add someone to the room minus tickets. Alternately it was also suggested that it could be done at check-in.

Well i just hope they don't try and charge me £170 at check in :eek:

The girl from FC double checked when she rang the other day that putting me on in the form of a note did not alter the price in anyway so i think it must just be the couple of Euros payable at check in.

Well i just hope they don't try and charge me £170 at check in :eek:

The girl from FC double checked when she rang the other day that putting me on in the form of a note did not alter the price in anyway so i think it must just be the couple of Euros payable at check in.

Sounds as if she knows her stuff and whoever she's dealing with at Disney do too :goodvibes
I'll keep phoning Disney until I get a CM who knows what I'm on about and can put me as a note on the booking! Then if it works this time I'll feel fine about doing the same on the other two trips that I'm plotting :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter