AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

Pulled the trigger this morning!!!!
Question: Do I just link the reservation number to MDE in order to select FP+ ?

Does anyone know if Sam’s club still has the discounted AP? My original plan was to upgrade our free dining package to annual passes in August. Now with this big increase I may save more money by just buying the annual passes at Sam club.. booking a room and paying for dining out of pocket. Thanks

Does anyone know if Sam’s club still has the discounted AP? My original plan was to upgrade our free dining package to annual passes in August. Now with this big increase I may save more money by just buying the annual passes at Sam club.. booking a room and paying for dining out of pocket. Thanks
yes

We were on the fence for just buying an AP for me for some of the discounts. If I do, I may order my AP via tickets at work. FYI- there AP fees did not increase on their site but not sure you can apply to cost of a ticket you purchased directly via disney through their website, so catch 22 on that. May bite the bullet and just pay more through disney since it's less than the cost of the ticket I've already bought. At any rate, it's a BIG increase and running my math quickly in my head, depending on season, I think we would need to visit about 5-6 more days to breakeven on the pass, which we would likely do.

We were on the fence for just buying an AP for me for some of the discounts. If I do, I may order my AP via tickets at work. FYI- there AP fees did not increase on their site but not sure you can apply to cost of a ticket you purchased directly via disney through their website, so catch 22 on that. May bite the bullet and just pay more through disney since it's less than the cost of the ticket I've already bought. At any rate, it's a BIG increase and running my math quickly in my head, depending on season, I think we would need to visit about 5-6 more days to breakeven on the pass, which we would likely do.
Normally can't upgrade tickets purchased from Disney to AP except by Disney (via phone, in person, supposed to be able to on MDX but wasn't able to figure that out with ours).

We were also deciding between upgrading our 10 day PH to APs at the new price vs. buying new, discounted, old priced APs and letting our 10 days expire, to be used later as credit towards renewal or APs. Partly because our stay is in Nov/Dec and there are no AP room discounts, we bought the new, discounted APs but decided not to use them until late 2021.

Last edited:
I hope not, but I'm sort of thinking the Sams inventory of APs will run out within 2 weeks. Which is when my new credit card comes in the mail for another purchase bonus.

If I am a current AP but purchase a new one outright from Sam's Club because it is cheaper than renewing my existing one, can I just let mine lapse then activate the new one? If so, how long do I have to activate it? I am pretty sure I can do this but I just wanted to double check what you guys thought.

Thanks!

If I am a current AP but purchase a new one outright from Sam's Club because it is cheaper than renewing my existing one, can I just let mine lapse then activate the new one? If so, how long do I have to activate it? I am pretty sure I can do this but I just wanted to double check what you guys thought.

Thanks!
Yes, you will have until at least 2030 to activate it.

I renewed. My kids are grown so they pay for their own. I will pay for my granddaughter to renew hers as her Christmas and Birthday gift. If I had to pay for my entire family, we wouldn't be doing this anymore. I think this is Disney's ultimate goal, to price many out. It's one way to weed out the crowds. I've been a passholder since 1998. I have seen how it's changed. There really is never a down time anymore, at least not like there was.

FYI: Sam's Club has a deal via Groupon and Living Social (use your eBates/Rakuten for extra savings). So, for those who are purchasing new Sam's Club memberships, it might be good to go through either of those :)

Choose Between Two Options:
$35 for a New One-Year Sam’s Club Membership Package with $10 eGift Card ($84.98 Value)

This membership package includes:

• One-year Sam’s Club membership ($45 value)
  • $10 eGift card online or in-club
  • $25 eGiftCard after first purchase of $25+ online
  • Free rotisserie chicken ($4.98 value)*
$45 for a New One-Year Sam’s Club Membership Package with $20 eGift Card ($129.92 Value)

• $20 eGift card online or in-club
  • Free Take and Bake Pizza: pepperoni/cheese/sausage/deluxe ($6.98–$8.98 value)*
  • Free 18-count Chocolate Chunk cookies ($5.98 value)*
  • Free fruit tray ($19.98 value)*
Please allow up to 10 business days for delivery of the $10 or $20 eGift Card after activating your new membership. Your $25 eGift Card will be delivered approximately three weeks after your first purchase of $25 or more on SamsClub.com. Your first SamsClub.com purchase must be made within 30 days of activating your membership. Both eGift Cards will be delivered to the same email address used to activate your membership.

Offer valid for new Sam’s Club Members only; not valid for membership renewals, for those with a current membership, or those who were Sam’s Club members less than 6 months prior to July 1, 2019. To check your renewal date, please check your billing statement or your online account, or CHAT with an associate. Please have your membership card or statement on hand. Offer valid for U.S. Sam’s Clubs only; not valid in Puerto Rico.

FYI: Sam's Club has a deal via Groupon and Living Social (use your eBates/Rakuten for extra savings). So, for those who are purchasing new Sam's Club memberships, it might be good to go through either of those :)

Choose Between Two Options:
$35 for a New One-Year Sam’s Club Membership Package with $10 eGift Card ($84.98 Value)

• $10 eGift card online or in-club
$45 for a New One-Year Sam’s Club Membership Package with $20 eGift Card ($129.92 Value)

• $20 eGift card online or in-club
  • Free Take and Bake Pizza: pepperoni/cheese/sausage/deluxe ($6.98–$8.98 value)*
  • Free 18-count Chocolate Chunk cookies ($5.98 value)*
  • Free fruit tray ($19.98 value)*
Please allow up to 10 business days for delivery of the $10 or $20 eGift Card after activating your new membership. Your $25 eGift Card will be delivered approximately three weeks after your first purchase of $25 or more on SamsClub.com. Your first SamsClub.com purchase must be made within 30 days of activating your membership. Both eGift Cards will be delivered to the same email address used to activate your membership.

Offer valid for new Sam’s Club Members only; not valid for membership renewals, for those with a current membership, or those who were Sam’s Club members less than 6 months prior to July 1, 2019. To check your renewal date, please check your billing statement or your online account, or CHAT with an associate. Please have your membership card or statement on hand. Offer valid for U.S. Sam’s Clubs only; not valid in Puerto Rico.
Thanks! I wonder if the membership will be available right away.

Thanks! I wonder if the membership will be available right away.

I'm still waiting for it to process. UGH...fortunately, no rush for me, I use this to alternate between relatives' Sam's Club memberships.

Still processing...ugh...I went to look at my history and realized the last time I tried to buy this as a gift for someone else, it rejected it and I had to buy it for me :P Hopefully they will do something...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter