AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I’m being told that of our four annual passes, mine - the only one WITH a MDE - is the one that didn’t get cancelled.

July 14th -cancelled via email - received one email confirming cancellation (no names/accounts
July 27th - called to confirm cancellation and found out only my pass was linked to the email since I’m the only pass with MDE. Asked that all the other passes for our family - husband and two children - be cancelled. Received two email confirmations of cancellation after this conversation.

August 8th - called AGAIN because still worried my husbands hasn’t been cancelled since we were missing a 4th cancellation confirmation email. Called and they spoke with BOTH myself AND my husband. We confirmed we wanted ALL passes cancelled. They said my husbands hasn’t been cancelled yet and we did so. We received a fourth confirmation of cancellation email after this phone call.

TODAY - on chat looking for update of refund. Now they are saying everyone’s pass EXCEPT MINE is cancelled. The person who called every single time. The person who asked them to cancel all four passes every single time. The only person with an MDE account. The person who owns the email address they sent the cancellation request and confirmations to. They’re saying I never cancelled.

I can’t with this anymore. GOOD GRIEF We got our passes in late Nov. 2019. First time EVER as passholders. Been taking our kids for five years. We’ve been so excited to become passholders and enjoy that perk. I don’t know if I can give them any more money after all this 😑

Had a somewhat similar (but opposite) experience with our family passes. 4 passes, 1 MDE account (mine). Called the AP number in early July and requested a refund for the closure period and for our passes to expire on their original date (7/17). Spent 7/10-7/17 at the parks using our passes. On 7/16 saw 3 refunds hit my credit card. MDE showed all passes valid through 8/12.

Got the email (at the MDE account address) with the link to extend or refund my pass at the end of July. Since I only received 3 or the 4 expected refunds, I followed the link and put in refund again. Fast forward to September, I get a check in the mail for a pass refund. Great. Log into MDE a few days later... I have no AP, and the rest of my family has theirs until 12/12/20 even though they were refunded back in July.

Bottom line... the entire system is a mess. Factor in passes that don't have a MDE account and things really seem to get lost.

It's Sept. 30th, and ZERO refund for my AP. I only wonder what the in world Disney's accounting department is doing. My thought is they've been told to delay, wait, or push all refunds until Nov-Dec or even later to get out of this fiscal year's reporting. Bob Chapek and Disney get a failing grade for the way AP have been handled, almost as though there is no plan what-so-ever. So very, very sad.

IF they had half a clue, they would have offered the option to pause AP’s. So many people would have likely gone that route. As a DVC’er, we plan everything around use years, banking/borrowing, etc. Between DVC, and FL Residents, we probably count as a majority in the bulk of the AP members. To have the assurance that whether we waited out a year, or went back July 4th, our pass would be there, intact and with whatever remaining time would have been the easiest route for us and them(plus maybe extra for the closed months thrown in as 🧚‍♂️ dust). It may not have been right for every single person’s situation but, I’d bet most of us would have taken that offer in a heartbeat. How do these crazily paid execs come up with these nonsensical strategies?
YES. This would have been the best possible scenario for me and far less frustrating.

IF they had half a clue, they would have offered the option to pause AP’s. So many people would have likely gone that route. As a DVC’er, we plan everything around use years, banking/borrowing, etc. Between DVC, and FL Residents, we probably count as a majority in the bulk of the AP members. To have the assurance that whether we waited out a year, or went back July 4th, our pass would be there, intact and with whatever remaining time would have been the easiest route for us and them(plus maybe extra for the closed months thrown in as 🧚‍♂️ dust). It may not have been right for every single person’s situation but, I’d bet most of us would have taken that offer in a heartbeat. How do these crazily paid execs come up with these nonsensical strategies?

Totally! I asked about it and was just told "no, it's not an option".

Also... no refund yet for us either!

I contacted thr AP services chat this morning and got a canned response of sorry for the delay, we are processing the refunds as fast as possible. No they do noy have an ETA.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their refund for cancelling their annual passes yet? Canceled my families back in July and it was stated the refund would be by Mid to Late September and with only one more day to go in the month still haven't seen our refund.

I called to request my partial refund on 6/1 (my AP expired 6/7). Called again 6/17 was told by mid-July they'd be working on extensions/refunds and to call back if I didn't hear anything by late July/early August. Hadn't heard anything so called again on 7/27 and was told to give it another month or two as they're really backed up. Waited until 9/22 and called back. I got a real nice CM who was very helpful. He saw my request from back in June so he put me on hold to try and figure out what was going on. Came back a few times to check to make sure I was still holding and to thank me for being patient as he had to talk to another department to get it straightened out. After about an hour on the phone, the end result was him having to re-issue my refund request as my original request somehow got lost in the shuffle and was sitting in limbo. He said he tried to get an ETA on the refund check, but was told they really couldn't give him one as it just depends on how long it takes to get everything processed and a check mailed out. He said it should get done sooner rather than later, but to give it a couple of weeks. I haven't received anything yet, but it has only been a week. I'll probably give it until mid-Oct before I call back if I don't receive anything by then.

After 45 min on hold I was told by a rep on the pass holder line that the refunds have been delayed and now looking at beginning of October for those who are waiting for refund to original payment method. She was very nice and kept apologizing that she couldn’t give more info but stated that they now are being told beginning of October. But who knows really...

We have not received any refunds for our 4 Gold AP's. Requested refunds twice (May and July). Hearing about all of the layoffs and now AP's being sold again it really brings light to the financial issues Disney is facing (other companies as well). Of course, the pandemic has thrown us all for a loop, but I think there were ways this giant company could have retained their most loyal customers. Just so disappointing!

DON'T GIVE UP!!! I got my FULL PRICE refund for my out of state Platinum Pass today!!! I had an unactivated AP on my MDE account and requested a refund on July 24. I never received the mass email that was sent out but learned of the option on The DIS and called. I was going to make a followup call today but checked my bank account first and there it was! I had way fewer variables to consider and it was pretty cut and dry, but waiting was starting to get to me as well. But put yourself in the shoes of any Cast Member at this point and you know they are so slammed and overworked and now huge layoffs. This was a nightmare of ultimate proportions in terms of moving parts and logistics.

Good luck!

We would have done this in a heartbeat, even for no extra time, just a pause button.

It is now a couple hours past close of business on the last day of September, and no refund for our two Platinum APs bought directly from Disney and activated at the end of January. Just double checked my credit card (same one I used to buy and still use, and CM I cancelled with had noted that info and said it was good because it would be easier to get my refund...).

This whole process has been ridiculous. Well, at least our calls and emails will help to keep some CMs employed during these difficult months.

No refund for us either. Requested refunds on 5 of our 6 AP's back on Aug 9. I knew it would take awhile but the CM said we'd have our refund 'by the end of Sept' and to call if we hadn't seen it by then. Since it appears they are universally delayed, I'll keep waiting but this is kinda sorta ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter