AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I didn’t get the e-mail to cancel but called this morning. Just over an hour on hold but the actual conversation was great and the CM was able to process the cancellation for me.

im on hold right now. 50 minutes. called at 7:47am. Guess I shouldn’t have gone for my morning walk. I know better.

Yes, I believe so! All paid-in-full passes got the 117-day extension by default unless you called and requested that partial refund from the period of closure.
I'm not sure if that's true. I called about a month ago to request a refund on our paid-in-full APs and all have since been extended 117 days.

I'm not sure if that's true. I called about a month ago to request a refund on our paid-in-full APs and all have since been extended 117 days.

exactly the same for us too. I called in April and nothing happening. My daughter called mid-June and already got her refunds last week.

Ok thats what I thought. I pressed the answer and asked if my black out dates would be retracted from my refund. CM pointed out how generous Disney was being... "I can use my pass till 8/11, but my refund is "accessible days" from July 11".

I also pressed for answers since April on various calls. I understand the fluidity aspect of this situation, but the deflections were numerous and somewhat calculated. I'm convinced it was by design and would reject the statement of "how generous" they have been (that would have triggered me to point out how chaotic their process is).

After not getting the email I called at 7:04am est and got through in about 60 minutes. Agent was super quick, even though she had to read a long disclosure, and had both our passes canceled in about 10 minutes. Received two cancellation emails roughly 15 minutes later.

I know Disney is a big company and not known for their IT, but man the whole handling of Annual Passes was such a massive cluster. I'm one to give a lot of leeway to a company during Covid19, but their communication was absolutely horrid. And as bad as their communication was, they couldn't have made it any harder to request the refunds. At first I thought it was deliberate to try and get as many people to not call....but I think they are just so bad at implementing new procedures on the fly.

I am surprised that in four months they couldn't have gotten the whole process online. Log into your account and request the refunds. I'm even more shocked they aren't offering the refund in giftcard form versus cash. Many travel companies have been offering options of refunds back in the form of giftcards with a bonus. ie 100% cash refund or 110% back as a giftcard. I for one would have taken a giftcard in this scenario. I can't believe the the cost per refund this option wasn't on the table from a cash flow standpoint. But once again, it's situations like this that really show management's abilities....or lack of.

Last edited:

With the new park reservation spots added for APs, I'm interested in upgrading so that I can go in July (I'm local).

I can't get through on the phone at the moment, and wanted to double-check with you before I waste hours on the phone:
Can I upgrade my AP on the phone?

I logged in and our 2019-2020 pass is extended an additional month, but the 2020-2021 pass now begins a month before the old one ends. Mind boggling.

We have the same problem. I have no patience for the phone waits today, so I sent an email asking for it to be corrected. I’ll call in a week or two if I don’t hear back.

And, for those keeping track, we’re Canadian passholders, platinum plus, received no email, didn’t call to request an option, just had the extra month added automatically.

The refund is calculated from July 11 to your extended expiration (May 9). I believe if you cancel your AP, you'll risk losing your already-planned park reservations since they're linked to your AP. When you do purchase a new AP, it'll be full-price.

This is helpful. So if I'm understanding this correctly Disney is refunding my AP from July 11 through May 9, 2021 (approximately 10 months) using their magic formula. In essence my 12 month AP was extended 3.9 months (117 days) for the days the parks were closed. I paid $744 for my Gold pass so I "should" see the majority of that refunded if 10 months is going to be refunded.

And other than missing out on the AP apology magnet is there any benefit to canceling August 11 versus now? Considering I have active park reservations on my current AP I would probably wait until AP sales resume so I can retain my park reservations.

My passes would‘ve expired on 10/25 and now expire on 2/19/21, 117 days. Is that what it should be? I’m confused what the extra 30 days thing is about?

I finally talked to someone. Called 7:47am and on hold 2 hours. i originally called April 28th which never seem to take care of my request to cancel. This CM canceled everything and hopefully put us back on track towards refunds. So now we wait. She did ask for our AP numbers on the back of the cards. Glad someone posted that info so I was ready. I hope this is the last time I have to do this . 🤞🤞

Update from my trail yesterday: gave up after being on hold for 50 minutes (also end of work day, so wanted to get started on dinner)

What time does the phone lines open? 7 EST?

They have made such an incredible mess of this. At what point would they have saved money overall by just extending all APs for an additional year - at some point, the lost money from renewal costs for one year would be offset by savings in the amount of employee-hours they've wasted by dealing with the constant calls and programming all the still-confusing emails and calculating all the complicated options for the passes and making up for the bank fees for the payment glitch and tracking everything and the refunds themselves, even before calculating in the ill-will they've created among the AP holders for all of this. If they'd just kept it simple and been maybe a little bit generous, it certainly would have come out better for them PR-wise and would be far less stressful for their employees and might not even have cost them anymore financially than this ridiculous nightmare is.
Yes! That's exactly what my DH said this morning. It would have been so much easier and probably ultimately cheaper for them to just say "hey, you're good to go through 2021"

If they would have just given us a 1 year extension I most likely would have opted for that. Rolled the dice that by next year we would feel more comfortable going, especially since we paid half the cost as our downpayment.

So for us, we went about 9 days I think. So with the payment we made from July to March plus the downpayment (which was half) I think we paid close to retail. But with the March refund that we were assured will be processed we got a little bit of a discount. It would have been worth it to me to resume payments from March til July and chance getting to go again if we got a 1 year extension. To me they lost out on a lot of potential revenue by going the route that they did.

Last edited:
So as I stated a few pages ago I'm a silver AP and called this AM to ask if I happen to book a Disney resort via the resort offer right now for next weekend would that then allow me to then get into a park during my stay. After waiting forever the nice cast member said "yes certainly" so I booked a room and now when I go to make a park reservation it still says I'm blacked out. Sigh, I wouldn't have made the resort reservation then. I'm fine with the black out periods (as normal) but just don't say that we are good to go after we spend hundreds of dollars on a resort if that is the case. Guess I can call back and ask again?

Last edited:
Still no Email.
But I have another extension on my pass. It was set to expire on 5/1, then 8/26 and now it's 9/25... Still doesn't help me as my April trip got moved to October. And I live in MN.

I just checked and ours just got extended another month as well. DVC gold pass. We have a trip ending 8/8, so I was planning to cancel them after the trip, but by 8/11. I know it says they'd be valid through 8/11...but with the way Disney does things...I'm afraid we'd have issues with our Tix if we cancel now. The 3 adults all got emails, not sure about DD16s AP though. I initially clicked on my link but didn't login as it looked to be a confirmation page, confirming the cancellation. The other adults didn't click the link yet.

I just saw I received an extra 30 days on our passes(out of state platinum) even though we requested the refund on the 117 days. Was an additional 30 days granted at some point?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter