• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

right, it will behave same if you were getting fp
What they don't know yet is how many days can a AP without a resort stay can book (me) I usually go to the parks 3 times a week, so I want to know how many days I can book now. The CM I spoke with told me that info should be coming out before the 26
Will this appear on MDE or do I need a new account,. Also I'm going in December with my AP that runs out on March 6th and then going again on March 18th my AP will have expired before my March trip when will I be able to book reservations for March or can't I book till I renew my AP,. Tia

Whelp, I think I'll be canceling my resort stay in Feb, I refuse to pay over $2,000 for a resort and have these restrictions

I'm not renewing my AP right now (it still hasn't even been extended), maybe ever, and I don't want to purchase tickets right now, I don't have the funds. A buddy of mine that was coming doesn't want to buy his tickets this far out either. So looks like I'll be done with Disney for a long time (probably until at least Park Hoppers come back)

Last edited:
My annual pass expires in December 2020, and we are planning on renewing. We have Coronado Springs booked for July 2021 but I don't think I'll be able to make our park reservations when they open on the 22nd since we can't renew our annual passes until 60 days from their expiration date. That means technically we won't be able to have a form of "valid park admission" until October when we can renew our passes. I wonder if there is any way around this? I've never renewed before since this was my first year as an AP holder.

Thank you! We have a 3 night stay in May 2021 and currently a 2 night stay april 2021 - but will 95% cancel our cruise, so we will add to that a 6 or 7 night stay. So that will get to 10 days in the parks for sure. Plus we planned on booking February 2022 if we got the AP as well.

Do the vouchers have an expiration? I can’t seem to find that - but I could be just missing it
In 2017 the vouchers were good until Dec. 31, 2030. However, I checked the emails I received when I purchased my daughter's ticket in November and I don't see anything about an expiration date for the voucher. She was activating them the next week so I didn't ask about it.

I know Disney is not selling new tickets but if I bought from Undercover Tourist right now would they give me a valid ticket that I could link to MDE today? I have an AP but my wife doesn't and obviously we would want to make park reservations together.

We have Annual Passes but have not activated them yet since our April trip was canceled. We have a trip on the books for September at a DVC property. So you think we will have any trouble making a park reservation when the new system is launched, considering the Annual Passes were not active yet? We paid in full and they show up in our tickets section on MDE.

Am I understanding this correctly that starting Monday I can reserve park days for my December 2020 trip since I have both a resort reservation and an active AP? Or did I miss something significant?

It's unclear

"The Disney Park Pass system will be available soon to select Guests. Booking dates vary based on your plans." makes it sound like it's not going to be available to everyone.

We have Annual Passes but have not activated them yet since our April trip was canceled. We have a trip on the books for September at a DVC property. So you think we will have any trouble making a park reservation when the new system is launched, considering the Annual Passes were not active yet? We paid in full and they show up in our tickets section on MDE.

You will be fine. I am on with a cast member who just told me "As long as your Annual Pass and Resort are linked to your My Disney Experience account then you are golden."

Please continue to report back as people get answers! I'm on minute 28, on hold with DVC member services, trying to upgrade my 3-day park hoppers to a gold AP.

We have a 3 day October trip & a 5 day February trip booked. We originally planned to upgrade to an AP in October, but now (obviously) we'd like to make 2021 park reservations ASAP too, so we're buying an inactive AP by phone.

It's unclear

"The Disney Park Pass system will be available soon to select Guests. Booking dates vary based on your plans." makes it sound like it's not going to be available to everyone.
Believe me, I am going to try on Monday morning because if I am actually able to go in December I want to have the parks reserved. For those who didn't see this, in teensy tiny print at the bottom of the page it says "7:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern Time." I will be hovering over my computer and phone at 6:58 AM Monday.

I know Disney is not selling new tickets but if I bought from Undercover Tourist right now would they give me a valid ticket that I could link to MDE today? I have an AP but my wife doesn't and obviously we would want to make park reservations together.
UT isn't selling tickets right now and I don't believe anybody is selling other than APs directly from WDW. When is your vacation? The announcement says you can get tickets starting 6/24 for 2021 dates, but not until later this summer for 2020 "based on availability of park reservations."

My extended expiration date just showed up on the renewal page, but not anywhere else. It was due to expire this weekend, but now shows expiration in October. This renewal message is displayed:

Passes Not Available for Renewal
Passes are eligible for renewal 60 days prior and up to 30 days after their expiration date.
Don't see your pass? Call (407) 560-7277† or visit Guest Relations or the Main Entrance Ticket Booth at the park.

My AP was extended by almost 4 months. Hoping they extend further out like DLS is doing. I have a trip booked in October but it's doubtful we'll be able to go. I renewed DH's pass at the beginning of March for our May trip and don't even know if he'll be able to use it at all. At least I got one trip in on mine.

In 2017 the vouchers were good until Dec. 31, 2030. However, I checked the emails I received when I purchased my daughter's ticket in November and I don't see anything about an expiration date for the voucher. She was activating them the next week so I didn't ask about it.
Thank you

UT isn't selling tickets right now and I don't believe anybody is selling other than APs directly from WDW. When is your vacation? The announcement says you can get tickets starting 6/24 for 2021 dates, but not until later this summer for 2020 "based on availability of park reservations."

Sept 2020. I have a DVC res with 2 people and I have my AP but my wife does not. It's kind of a crappy move to not allow those with resort reservations the opportunity to buy tickets to make the group match.

Just a gripe: my AP’s have the park hopper option....I’m sure I’m not getting a refund nor will my renewal be cheaper. Any responses that refute this or commiserate along with me are welcome lol.
From another thread here- I’ll keep my fingers crossed

“I just got off the phone with a CM about this, she told me to keep my hoppers for our trip in December for now. She said they are trying to work out a system to allow for hopping within the reservation system and there should be an answer on that by August /September.“

A few learnings from my time on chat with a CM just now...

- As long as it’s linked to MDE, an AP is still a valid ticket, even if not activated yet
- You can book park reservations for length of stay (up to 14 days) with a resort reservation
- You can book up to 3 days of park reservations at any one time on an AP without a resort reservation
- Park reservations will open at 7am on the respective days you’re eligible to book

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter