AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I think his frustration is that ticket holders with resort reservations get 4 days of planning before he can get on and make reservations. My guess would be it'll be pretty slim pickin's by the time he gets on 6/26. Maybe I'm wrong and overestimating how many people fall under both conditions of ticket holder and resort reservations, but that's a big population to contend with, and now, be less prioritized than.
Yes, but only three days. I have four trips I'm trying to plan in advance. That's like 24 park days. I don't live in Orlando I live 1000 miles away. No park hopping is bad enough.
I see, yeah that truly sucks. But I don't think anyone coming this year at least will have issue getting the days they want. If you do the math about the resorts rooms and park capacity, I think we (AP without reservations) will be ok
Lets get upset about it when we know for sure

And piggy-backing on this question, what if I have an AP but my sister doesn't have tickets yet? Will I just buy her tickets when I make the reservation for us? (for this fall)
Ticket sales are on hold, and on the 28th you can buy but for next year, so I don't think you'll be able to buy tickets for her this year. But what I would do is let this weekend pass, and maybe Tuesday or Wednesday give Disney a call

what did I miss?
AP can start reserving the 26th
So (trying to sift thru all these rules...and about to pull my hair out!), if I have an AP and a resort reservation for Nov. of this year, I can call or go to MDE and book park visits (up to three)? Meanwhile, my sister is out in the cold with no ticket?

I have a place 3 miles from parks. I live in Harrisburg, PA, 990 miles away. I have trips planned for July, August, October, November that represent probably 24 park days. It's bad enough that I can't use the pass to park hop at my leisure. But fine, I understand why--occupancy concerns and they can hold me to the fire of the terms and conditions as it relates to park closures.

But Disney can control the ability to allow me to at least reserve all those days in advance....but they are not. I'm getting 3 days. 3. How can I conceivably plan ONE trip, let alone four, when I can't guarantee admission to any more than three days in advance.

I think I want my entire time remaining on my pass refunded. This is a considerable change to the terms and conditions.
and it is an option for you to ask.. If you will be stressed about it I would ask for a refund due to your situation.
It is definitely less than ideal and I'm sure they are ready to receive lots of AP callers

I see, yeah that truly sucks. But I don't think anyone coming this year at least will have issue getting the days they want. If you do the math about the resorts rooms and park capacity, I think we (AP without reservations) will be ok
Lets get upset about it when we know for sure

Ticket sales are on hold, and on the 28th you can buy but for next year, so I don't think you'll be able to buy tickets for her this year. But what I would do is let this weekend pass, and maybe Tuesday or Wednesday give Disney a call
Well, if I can't buy her tickets, she can't go. So sad.
Thank you for caring enough to enlighten us!

Anyone managed to check if there’s a rolling window for bookings throughout the year, or is everyone able to go in at once? ( sorry was having trouble with quoting )
That’s my question too if anyone is calling today, do we all book reservations on Monday , or just those from now till 60 days, aka August 19
Second question: If my APs now expire in August do I need to renew them this weekend for a nov trip to book park days or am I okay because I have a resort reservation ? ( I would prefer to wait to renew AP till mid July )
I hope someone can find out answers, if not I’ll call this evening and report back

and it is an option for you to ask.. If you will be stressed about it I would ask for a refund due to your situation.
It is definitely less than ideal and I'm sure they are ready to receive lots of AP callers
I just have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time at guest relations every morning, at any park, right outside the gate. That sounds less than ideal. Ugh.

I appreciate you responding to my posts. I do have a unique situation, but I'm sure there's lots of single divorced dads who overcompensate by taking their kid 990 miles to WDW 6 times a year. :)

So (trying to sift thru all these rules...and about to pull my hair out!), if I have an AP and a resort reservation for Nov. of this year, I can call or go to MDE and book park visits (up to three)? Meanwhile, my sister is out in the cold with no ticket?
You can book your reservation for the length of your on property stay not just three
Yes people without tickets seem to be left out
Remember the whole point of this, is not Disney trying to be evil, they are trying to control the capacity on property. They obviously know the number of people visiting, staying on site with tickets, they also know the number of AP and locals ap that can potentially come so they are trying to figure out how not to allow more people in to serve the people that already have tickets
We ( ap without a hotel reservation) are being left behind. We knew it was coming, there had been weeks of conjectures and theories, add that to their wording on the site about the only 2 options.
But if people are upset, and they have every right to be, definitely send them an email and ask for them to call you back, it is the only way to get your situation escalated to managers

Anyone managed to check if there’s a rolling window for bookings throughout the year, or is everyone able to go in at once? ( sorry was having trouble with quoting )
At this point, I would expect that anyone who meets the resort+tickets criteria to book on Monday, can do so regardless of their future date (thru 9/26/2021).

Parks reservations as well as new resort bookings and ticket sales for 2021 will be available to everyone by 6/28. So I don't see them doing a 60-day thing for this initial batch of "priority access."

Last edited:
I just have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time at guest relations every morning, at any park, right outside the gate. That sounds less than ideal. Ugh.

I appreciate you responding to my posts. I do have a unique situation, but I'm sure there's lots of single divorced dads who overcompensate by taking their kid 990 miles to WDW 6 times a year. :)
Considering the number of timeshares and vacation homes in Orlando I think there are more than a few out of state visitors who have APs and visit multiple times in a year. I definitely did when I lived in TX and my daughter was attending college in Orlando.

At this point, I would expect that anyone who meets the resort+tickets criteria to book on Monday, can do so regardless of their future date (thru 9/26/2021).

Parks reservations as well as new resort bookings and ticket sales will be available to everyone by 6/28. So I don't see them doing a 60-day thing for this initial batch of "priority access."
Just checked on chat, and you’re right!

you can guarantee you are not the only one.
This year has just sucked and Disney is our happy place. I go there for mental therapy, no joke, which is why I visit often. Imagine taking me off the drug all together for 4 months :D
I am fortunate for living 20 min away and can only imagine the stress of everyone having to come from far away
I can tell you I had a very unique ticket situation that I've been calling since May about. My situation got escalated to management because I emailed and they called back and they have been very patient because they are still not at their offices, working from home trying to resolve complex issues. The lat time I called I was told to call back when info on the reservation system came through
so I called today and the manager put me on hold for an hour, coming every 15 min to let me know he was working on it.
Finally they managed to fix the issue with the best possible outcome and I thanked him and let him know I appreciate everyone's work through all this especially without the system they need
He told me they found out about the release of the info by everyone calling
Disney's biggest problem is lack of communication, so the CM want to help but don't have thee right info to do so. Most of the times we have to walk them through it by what we read online
That's not right.
Sorry didn't mean to make this super long :D I hope you find a suitable solution to all this

A few learnings from my time on chat with a CM just now...

- As long as it’s linked to MDE, an AP is still a valid ticket, even if not activated yet
- You can book park reservations for length of stay (up to 14 days) with a resort reservation
- You can book up to 3 days of park reservations at any one time on an AP without a resort reservation
- Park reservations will open at 7am on the respective days you’re eligible to book
This is big to me. I hope it means they expect there to be enough availability that APs can get into parks most days of the year. Otherwise we will not be getting what we thought we paid for. I'm pretty sure our contracts stipulate that parks may close to capacity, but there was certainly an unspoken understanding that was a rare occasion and not an everyday occurrence.

Someone upthread said that once you make the park reservations, you can no longer ask for a refund on your AP. Is that correct? Or perhaps I'm misremembering.

But we're going to reserve for our December trip even though, if things remain the way they are now, there's no way we're going. No way I'd get on an airplane right now, especially not out of my home airport, LGA.

You can book your reservation for the length of your on property stay not just three
Yes people without tickets seem to be left out
Remember the whole point of this, is not Disney trying to be evil, they are trying to control the capacity on property. They obviously know the number of people visiting, staying on site with tickets, they also know the number of AP and locals ap that can potentially come so they are trying to figure out how not to allow more people in to serve the people that already have tickets
We ( ap without a hotel reservation) are being left behind. We knew it was coming, there had been weeks of conjectures and theories, add that to their wording on the site about the only 2 options.
But if people are upset, and they have every right to be, definitely send them an email and ask for them to call you back, it is the only way to get your situation escalated to managers
Oh, I understand that Disney is doing what they are doing for our good. I am just asking questions of you knowledgeable people to understand what they are actually doing! lol I'm sorry for you guys who can't go because you are local, but have APs.

Parks reservations as well as new resort bookings and ticket sales will be available to everyone by 6/28. So I don't see them doing a 60-day thing for this initial batch of "priority access."
So it sounds like, from what you are saying, that if I call Sunday morning, I will be able to buy tickets for my sister and make her park reservations.
Or, would I more likely to be able to do this online and not have to wait an interminable amount of time on the phone?

So it sounds like, from what you are saying, that if I call Sunday morning, I will be able to buy tickets for my sister and make her park reservations.
Or, would I more likely to be able to do this online and not have to wait an interminable amount of time on the phone?
I should have been more clear - resort reservations, ticket sales and parks reservations for 2021 will open to the public on 6/28. According to the announcement, they will resume sales for 2020 later this summer "based on availability of parks reservations."

In your situation, I would certainly call next week and ask about buying a Nov. 2020 ticket for your sister. Someone upthread was told on a chat that would be available on 6/24, but I can't guarantee since that advice conflicts with the posted announcement. Good luck!

Parks reservations as well as new resort bookings and ticket sales for 2021 will be available to everyone by 6/28. So I don't see them doing a 60-day thing for this initial batch of "priority access."

Just checked on chat, and you’re right!

Well, that's definitely going to crash the system then. No one will be able to get park reservations, or very few, since the system will be down. I guess they don't really understand how poor their system is :sad2:

EDIT: Also, I am not convinced by the chat message. Maybe the CM thought the person was asking if they could book for every day, not every trip. Plus, what does June 24th have to do with anything? Monday, opening day for the system, is June 22. June 24th isn't even listed on the webpage info.

Well, that's definitely going to crash the system then. No one will be able to get park reservations, or very few, since the system will be down. I guess they don't really understand how poor their system is :sad2:
or they don't care
it happens everytime.
I say everyone trying on Monday pack your patience, maybe have more than one device available and get ready to be frustrated
If this magically works flawlessly I will get each one of you a Mickey Sticker (pinky swear)

EDIT: Also, I am not convinced by the chat message. Maybe the CM thought the person was asking if they could book for every day, not every trip. Plus, what does June 24th have to do with anything? Monday, opening day for the system, is June 22. June 24th isn't even listed on the webpage info.

So, June 24th is listed, but is says "If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations." That's for 2021, reservations. The person who chatted has a reservation for 2020. So, I'm still not convinced that every single current reservation gets to book on Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter