AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

3 of 4 extended now. Each gold and extended 117 days. Wasnā€™t that the length closed including the blackout days? I do want a refund for one of those so I will have to call but I canā€™t for about a week.

I see an extension to 5/19/21 now. I did not ask for it though. I asked for a complete cancellation. I thought if they couldnā€™t approve a cancellation, we would just default to a refund. I might ask to have ours put ā€œon holdā€ as well if thatā€™s an option. We have an 23 month old and no way will she keep a mask on. I donā€™t foresee a trip for a very long time.
Called the VIP Passholder line. I was told a ticket went in for a partial refund for us yesterday (I did not call yesterday, initiate or ask for a partial refund), we received the 4 month extension. I didnā€™t ask for that either. I requested a cancellation. I knew that was a long shot but, was told someone would call us. Today I was told that no cancellations or putting a pass on ā€œholdā€ are being allowed. CM was a definite canned answer kinda guy. I know they are going through a lot so, I just chalked it up. Now Iā€™m not sure what to do?
Donā€™t hold your breath. I called a month ago and requested a cancellation and was told I would get a call back in couple weeks. CM took all my info and filled out some kind of form. So far nothing.
I called back in early April to ask for a cancellation and refund of my renewal (monthly payments), which I'd done in Jan for a March expiration - so when parks closed, that renewal hadn't even gone into effect. Two phone CMs told me they were not authorized to do that, so I emailed Guest Services. About a month later I got a reply saying my request to cancel was noted on my account. It did NOT make any promises. My AP was not canceled and was extended yesterday. I really do not think actual, full cancellation with full refunds/breaking monthly payment contracts are happening. Partial refunds for APs paid in full was an option form the start, so I understand why those are happening.

I'll admit that I'm not happy with this, but haven't decided if I want to try fighting over it. Too many unknowns still. I am at high-risk for COVID complications and I live with someone very high-risk, so that's a concern, but based on protocols being put into place, I don't think I'd feel much less safe at WDW than I do at the grocery store. OTOH I live in FL and our situation over the coming weeks does not look good, so IDK.

What I really don't know is how easy or difficult it will be to actually use my AP. I'm a 2-hour drive away and I'd feel more comfortable with day trips, not overnights, but will I even be able to get park reservations without resort reservations? I feel like IDK what I want to ask for until I have that information... but it may be too late to ask for anything by the time we know that.

I'm on hold with the VIP Passholder line ( for an hour now ). I put in for a refund for the closed period, but now I'm thinking I want a full refund. Not sure if it's possible, but I'm just not going to Disney, with a mask, no shows, no fireworks, etc. It's sad but that's just not magical at all for me.

I'm on hold, too. Hoping to get a partial refund since we're now hoping to return next April and our passes won't be extended that far.

From my very unscientific observation, it seems we haven't seen any Platinum AP's extended yet. Could be wrong about that, but I'm waiting on my Platinum's as well.

Our Platinum Plus passes got extended overnight. Weā€™d renewed, so our expiry date was May 20, 2021 and itā€™s now September 14, 2021.

Hopefully the Canada-US border will open up again at some point so we can use them.

I had three DVC gold passes that expired in May. I called and requested the partial refund for one of the passes (my daughter's) because I knew she was not going to be able to get back to WDW until sometime next year. The other two passes updated in my account last night and are now showing an expiration date of 9/5/20. It is what I expected based on other's experiences yesterday, but it's a bit of a bummer since we have a trip planned starting on 9/12.

I've already got renewal vouchers in the system, so at least we are going to get the benefit of having those passes start in Sept instead of May. I was planning to get two more trips out of the last passes though and now I'm not getting any.

I'm still unsure if we are going in September. We will be offsite and I'm not sure with the new restrictions if it's going to be worth it. My DH won a free timeshare week in a golf tourney, so it's a use it or loose it situation.

My pass-well certificate-still has Dec. 31, 2030 (we have not activated it since our trip was canceled)
Your certificate/not-yet-activated-pass will not be updated. It is not active, so you have not lost any time with it. The only thing that gets extended is a pass that was activated prior to the park closures that was not able to be used during the period of time the parks were closed.

I have two Platinum APs on my account that are active (original expiration of 11/1/2020). I expect those to eventually update to sometime in February, though so far no update to the expiration date. I also have two Platinum AP certificates that have never been activated, since we purchased a total of 4 APs a couple of years ago before several rounds of price hikes. Those will continue to have their 12/31/2030 date on them.

Your certificate/not-yet-activated-pass will not be updated. It is not active, so you have not lost any time with it. The only thing that gets extended is a pass that was activated prior to the park closures that was not able to be used during the period of time the parks were closed.

I have two Platinum APs on my account that are active (original expiration of 11/1/2020). I expect those to eventually update to sometime in February, though so far no update to the expiration date. I also have two Platinum AP certificates that have never been activated, since we purchased a total of 4 APs a couple of years ago before several rounds of price hikes. Those will continue to have their 12/31/2030 date on them.

So, are you saying that my "certificate" will have an expiration date of September 26 2021? since that is my next trip planned. If so, that is a very different answer than i have had in the past with DVC member services AND Passholder cms. I was told my pass expires on December 08 and 18 (my original pass was Platinum pass December 2018 but renewed to Gold when we bought DVC).

After reading and stalking this thread for a while - decided that maybe I should call in and ask for the refund. (I'm international and really far from WDW so an extension would be pretty useless to me while air travel is so badly affected and mandatory quarantines on return home are in effect. )

On hold now... I have 60 Skype minutes left so will hopefully get to speak to someone before they run out...

(For what it's worth - I have a Platinum Pass expiring end October, which still shows as end October in the MDE app.)

After reading and stalking this thread for a while - decided that maybe I should call in and ask for the refund. (I'm international and really far from WDW so an extension would be pretty useless to me while air travel is so badly affected and mandatory quarantines on return home are in effect. )

On hold now... I have 60 Skype minutes left so will hopefully get to speak to someone before they run out...

(For what it's worth - I have a Platinum Pass expiring end October, which still shows as end October in the MDE app.)

Are you me?? Iā€™m international, platinum, not extended yet, on hold, and expire end of October. šŸ˜‚

So, are you saying that my "certificate" will have an expiration date of September 26 2021? since that is my next trip planned. If so, that is a very different answer than i have had in the past with DVC member services AND Passholder cms. I was told my pass expires on December 08 and 18 (my original pass was Platinum pass December 2018 but renewed to Gold when we bought DVC).
I see where I got confused, your certificate is a renewal certificate. Not an AP certificate, for an AP that has not yet been activated. I'm not sure what the rules are for a renewal certificate. I was referring to an AP certificate, for an AP that has not yet been activated. Those will continue to be valid until 12/30/2030. I'm sorry for any confusion.

If your certificates are for renewal passes they will start on the date that your old pass expired, regardless of when you activate it. If you want to extend it to a new annual pass you will have to pay the difference between the renewal pass price that you paid and whatever the current AP price is when you activate it. Then you will have a year from that date.

Since your passes expired in December and your certificates were not active, I would not expect that you would be getting an extension. You might be able to ask for an extension, but I'm not sure it would be worth it in your case if the only trip you are going to use it for is the one in December. You'd be better off holding the certificate and upgrading when you arrive to a new pass with a full year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter