AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I activated my AP the same day! If they are giving prorated refunds starting from the park closures if we cancel our APs, that will be a great deal for me personally. I’d gladly take an 8 month refund if that becomes available, I have no idea when I will be there next and since I squeezed in two separate week-long trips in those four months, I think I will actually have come out ahead with a refund.

Mine expire the end of November as well - I think I’m going this route too. The refund makes more sense.

I'm going to be constantly refreshing my MDE now to see if my pass reappears. Apparently the person I spoke to put I want the extension, so we'll see

7am and there are page numbers, if you're on your phone maybe switch to landcape

Thanks. Im on a Chromebook.

I guess just so Im clear- I have a POFQressie for Aug 25. I can make a park res for 8/25 and 8/26. Then on 6/26 I can make some other number of reservations between now and Sept 2021??

I'm going to be constantly refreshing my MDE now to see if my pass reappears. Apparently the person I spoke to put I want the extension, so we'll see
i think they are going threw manually for instance my wife got a 1-month refund for march mine and my kids didn't. But ours got extended and hers didn't (even though they all have the same expectation date).

Thanks. Im on a Chromebook.

I guess just so Im clear- I have a POFQressie for Aug 25. I can make a park res for 8/25 and 8/26. Then on 6/26 I can make some other number of reservations between now and Sept 2021??
right so Monday only people with a resort reservation can book for their length of stay then on the 26 ap without on site reservation can book up to 3 days at a time

Has anyone heard anything about whether if I make reservations for September, I still retain the option to cancel those reservations and take the refund. I would suspect so but will feel better when someone confirms that.

It looks like they are just doing a Passholder preview for MK and AK. Anyone hear about Epcot or HS having one?

Last edited:
sorry if posted somewhere but where did you July more information?

so we have APs and 7 day park hoppers linked to us in MDE. I'm thinking we could still reserve park for December and request a refund for AP.....then have flexibility to cancel December and not get taken for AP...

Does this make sense? Wonder what the timeline will be to request refund. I assume can reserve park days and still get a refund if cancel resorts later.
Post #1033

Sorry is this has been answered. My Platinum AP now shows expiration of 8/8. Confused about the extra month being visible in October 2020. Does that mean I will get an extra month later this fall?
That is how I am reading it. They are giving an extra month of extensions to make up for no park hopping, limited days you can reserve at once, etc.

The way I read it - no. Once you have 3 days booked for whenever, you have use one of those days before you can book another on a rolling basis. Basically is the same as the 7-day offsite FP rule. The question of course would be IF days do not sell out - will there come a point they will allow add'l bookings from people who already have 3. I'd expect with reduced capacity, they'll want to ensure they're at the maximum of what they're permitted.
I’m an hour away local
Another blog clarified that if Monday I booked 3-4 days for the resort stay I had planned for November (W&D weekend) that’s it and I’d be locked out of booking any offsite day trips prior to November (and I wouldn’t be able to book for marathon weekend in Jan until November)

with the status of the race in flux in general at present we are going to hold off on booking for our November trip and hope for the best (and I may just stay offsite for January if there is no value)

...heck, has anyone with resort stays coming up been contacted yet aside from going out and finding it on DPB or MDE? ETA: I know I haven't received anything and neither has my mom.
Raises hand over here

I actually found this thread because I got an email telling me that I can reserve my days starting on 6/22, and I wanted to see what Dis-ers were saying about it.

ETA - never mind. I did get an email, but I don't have an AP. I don't know if that changes things.

Last edited:
I’m an hour away local
Another blog clarified that if Monday I booked 3-4 days for the resort stay I had planned for November (W&D weekend) that’s it and I’d be locked out of booking any offsite day trips prior to November (and I wouldn’t be able to book for marathon weekend in Jan until November)

with the status of the race in flux in general at present we are going to hold off on booking for our November trip and hope for the best (and I may just stay offsite for January if there is no value)
See this does not seem right at ALL. It should work like the rolling 7 days, which is independent from your resort reservation. I would expect Disney to clarify this.

I’m an hour away local

if that's the case that would truly be horrible.
On the bright side I just booked a SW park reservation for tomorrow, maybe that will be the availability at WDW :rolleyes1

Mine expire the end of November as well - I think I’m going this route too. The refund makes more sense.
We are going to take the refund as well. We already used our pass for two 5 day trips and one 2 day. Getting a 5 1/2 month refund on 3 passes will pay for an entire pass for next year

I read it as you can cancel your passe and get a refund from the day the parks closed till the day of your expiration. Once you call to cancel though you are done, you do not have a pass any more. The one month is just a little something to keep people from canceling, although it's not much. I may be wrong in this though. Maybe they are allowing a refund for just the closed days, but if you take that refund you do not get the extra month. IDK

We are just going to keep ours with the four month plus one month extension. Ours were going to expire in June anyway so we would have only gotten a three month partial refund. We are going in July, and now with this one month extension I may take just the kids for a long weekend in November right before our passes expire since their grandparents will be there at that time anyway.
For APs paid in full, I think a partial refund is a refund for the time that both your AP was active AND the parks were closed. So if your AP is set to expire 8/25 and you take the partial refund, you will receive a lump sum based on the type of pass you have taking into account black-out dates AND your pass will be active from 7/11 through 8/25. You do not get the one month extension.

I doubt the alternative is true and the refund in the above example would extend from closure to 8/25. Not sure why WDW would do that version unless they really want to reduce the number of potential guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter