AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I NEED HELP, No one at WDW can tell me how much I will get back when a sell back my A/P back to them. Its like asking a car salesman how much is that car but he can't tell me till after I buy it?????
our out of state passes will expire on 4/26/2021 that gives me 289 unused days from 7/11/2020 and we paid $1,191.74 each so that amount divided by 365 days gives me a daily cost of $3.26 so does ANYONE know if it works like that 3.26 X 289 = $942.14
Just got off the phone with WDW asking for the amount that I paid and asked the castmember if she could tell me that my math was correct and she said something about the amount of time that pass had been used so far may be a factor . What gives??? Am I the only one that thinks its insane to not know the amount of the refund before making a choice
Yes I’m a broken record on this issue. It’s totally insane to not be able to share the refund amount or even basis for the refund, and if usage is considered it makes most hypothetical calculations way off. It is not a mistake that all of the full cancellation refunds happen weeks after the deadline to decide.

Am keeping two of our family’s APHs running.

The 3rd I am waiting out to see if there may be (ahem) another extension due to park closure. Figure i can wait until at least 8/10 to make that call

Problem is, didn’t receive an email link for that pass.

Also, when I called in the past re this matter, the CM was able to research & tell me what form of payment I used for the other two APs. One on a CC, the other was a disney GC.

They couldn’t find the info in their system for the 3rd one. They did verify I bought the renewal voucher thru DVC member services.

Bad enough not knowing how much the refund for the totally unused AP will be, but combine with the idea of needing to check my CCs and perhaps an old disney GC that i’ve Since tossed is daunting.

I’m thinking the exact opposite...

Creating an ‘artificial demand’ by currently delaying the purchase/renewal vouchers (DVC members), will churn interest in purchasing the passes among many who may be sittting on the fence

The cash infusion of the likely inflated sales would also provide a bump in revenue

This was the info I was hoping to find here. Thank you!

I was able to search in my old email and pull up every receipt from my ticket purchases to include my renewals from DVC. I bought 5 tickets that I’ve been waiting for a refund since the beginning (April 28). My receipt even show which payment method used, perhaps you could try that.

WDW added some part reservation slots for July/August. I was able to move my September reservation of MK to August 10th. I'm very happy with that since I have the 10th off, but all parks were booked.

Anyone that purchased AP through Sam's Club and ask for full refund? how was it handled?
Would Disney give you the option to send you a Disney Gift Card? Or credit towards another AP for future use?
I purchased mine through Sam's. When I called for the refund she didn't seem to know that. She just gave me the usual info that it would be refunded back to original credit card I used to purchase. I didn't mention that I had purchased through Sam's though.

So I called and talked to a CM and then later canceled through the email. According to the CM I talked to and according to the confirmation email I will get a refund from July 11 to my new expiration date which was extended both the 117 days AND the 30 days already.
Here is the crazy part, according to both the CM I talked to and the email confirmation I can still use my pass anytime between now and August 11 even though I selected to cancel and get the refund for the rest of my pass.
We aren’t staying at the resorts anymore because I couldn’t handle not knowing if we would go or not, we are still undecided, but I do have a rental house 3 minutes down the rode from Animal Kingdom so I could still go for several days and still get my refund.

So I called and talked to a CM and then later canceled through the email. According to the CM I talked to and according to the confirmation email I will get a refund from July 11 to my new expiration date which was extended both the 117 days AND the 30 days already.
Here is the crazy part, according to both the CM I talked to and the email confirmation I can still use my pass anytime between now and August 11 even though I selected to cancel and get the refund for the rest of my pass.
We aren’t staying at the resorts anymore because I couldn’t handle not knowing if we would go or not, we are still undecided, but I do have a rental house 3 minutes down the rode from Animal Kingdom so I could still go for several days and still get my refund.

A) Didn't your confirmation e-mail say, "In lieu of a one-month extension, you have selected to cancel your annual pass and receive a partial refund for the remaining access days of your annual pass from July 11, 2020 through your pass expiration date (as extended, if applicable)"?

I was under the impression that the refund goes from July 11 to the extended expiration date, which is your original expiration date plus 117 days. The extra one month extension past that date is for people who choose not to cancel. That's what I was told by a CM on the phone. I wonder if your CM was misinformed.

Originally Disney indicated that the extra one month would not appear on the APs until October, but they later ignored that and their computer system started adding the extra one month to APs on approximately on July 15.

My assumption is that when the APs are cancelled, it won't matter if they were showing that extra one month. Cancelled is cancelled.

B) Didn't your confirmation email say, "Your pass will remain valid through August 11, 2020 and will be cancelled effective August 12, 2020." Disney is letting people continue to use the APs for awhile even if the passholder chose to cancel. Maybe Disney thinks they will make money by letting passholders spend in the park restaurants and gift shops for awhile. Or maybe they assume their system couldn't handle the task of processing all of the cancellations as of an earlier date. Or maybe they think it will earn them some good will from the passholders. Who knows.

Last edited:
I purchased mine through Sam's. When I called for the refund she didn't seem to know that. She just gave me the usual info that it would be refunded back to original credit card I used to purchase. I didn't mention that I had purchased through Sam's though.
That's what concerns me. Because didn't Sam's Club actually purchase them and then we purchased from Sam's? How would they know what the original form of purchase was?
And did you get the email? I did not. So I would have to call.
I just makes me nervous that I will never see the refund.

That's what concerns me. Because didn't Sam's Club actually purchase them and then we purchased from Sam's? How would they know what the original form of purchase was?
And did you get the email? I did not. So I would have to call.
I just makes me nervous that I will never see the refund.
Same Sam's Club situation. However, I did get the email from Disney, and I requested the cancellation using the link that Disney provided in that email. I had incorrectly assumed they would ask about how I originally paid before concluding the online session/form, so they would know how to process the refund. However, they did not. So I am very concerned that I will never see my refund. If anyone has gone through this scenario and did get their refund, please let us know how it turned out. If I do get my refund, I will post to share details.

A) Didn't your confirmation e-mail say, "In lieu of a one-month extension, you have selected to cancel your annual pass and receive a partial refund for the remaining access days of your annual pass from July 11, 2020 through your pass expiration date (as extended, if applicable)"?

I was under the impression that the refund goes from July 11 to the extended expiration date, which is your original expiration date plus 117 days. The extra one month extension past that date is for people who choose not to cancel. That's what I was told by a CM on the phone. I wonder if your CM was misinformed.

Originally Disney indicated that the extra one month would not appear on the APs until October, but they later ignored that and their computer system started adding the extra one month to APs on approximately on July 15.

My assumption is that when the APs are cancelled, it won't matter if they were showing that extra one month. Cancelled is cancelled.

B) Didn't your confirmation email say, "Your pass will remain valid through August 11, 2020 and will be cancelled effective August 12, 2020." Disney is letting people continue to use the APs for awhile even if the passholder chose to cancel. Maybe Disney thinks they will make money by letting passholders spend in the park restaurants and gift shops for awhile. Or maybe they assume their system couldn't handle the task of processing all of the cancellations as of an earlier date. Or maybe they think it will earn them some good will from the passholders. Who knows.

Yes but it also says it will be refunded through my pass expiration date AS EXTENDED and it was already extended the 30 days.

True - we shall see.

yes that’s the unprofessional part, we shall see. Who knows until I actually get my refund. Disney should know what it is and have told me to the penny what my refund would be if I canceled BEFORE I had to make a choice. If refunds turn out to be lower than people are expecting I smell a class action lawsuit.

Not only has Disney not extended my AP. They have now removed it from MDE.

Eventually this will be all straightened out. But I fear that the day will come that I will be on some ride and it will be over and all that I will have done on the ride is think about how much I hate Disney for what they have put me through.

Not only has Disney not extended my AP. They have now removed it from MDE.

Eventually this will be all straightened out. But I fear that the day will come that I will be on some ride and it will be over and all that I will have done on the ride is think about how much I hate Disney for what they have put me through.

it’s pretty frustrating for sure. but you’re sadly not alone. On a good note, someone on FB posted that she got a check in the mail. That’s the first time I saw someone post that they saw a check.

yes that’s the unprofessional part, we shall see. Who knows until I actually get my refund. Disney should know what it is and have told me to the penny what my refund would be if I canceled BEFORE I had to make a choice. If refunds turn out to be lower than people are expecting I smell a class action lawsuit.

Its insane to make a financial decision with out knowing what the numbers are. I have a feeling this is not going to turn out as many are hoping.
I was on the phone for 4 hours with a cast member refusing to accept the notion that I can make this kind of decision without hard numbers.
I just don't understand it. I did sell back 2 A/Ps time will tell

I think if the numbers aren't correct then there would be a case for a lawsuit. I hope that doesn't happened. We canceled both of our passes hoping that we get money back. It is a huge leap of faith but we don't see where we had a choice. We happened to be in Orlando early in the month and went to Epcot since we could use our AP and still cancel. That visit just further confirmed our decision that we wanted to cancel the APs. The current experience is not what we were sold when we purchased our APs. Even the confirmation email we received after canceling is something I could have drafted in 2 minutes and does not give me any confidence that Disney truly canceled our APs.

Its insane to make a financial decision with out knowing what the numbers are. I have a feeling this is not going to turn out as many are hoping.
I was on the phone for 4 hours with a cast member refusing to accept the notion that I can make this kind of decision without hard numbers.
I just don't understand it. I did sell back 2 A/Ps time will tell
So... what was the result of those 4 hours? Did they tell you what the amount would be for those two passes or did you eventually accept that they wouldn’t tell you?

I was able to search in my old email and pull up every receipt from my ticket purchases to include my renewals from DVC. I bought 5 tickets that I’ve been waiting for a refund since the beginning (April 28). My receipt even show which payment method used, perhaps you could try that.

Are you still waiting? I have 3 DVC Gold passes where I requested the partial refund for closure period (in early May, I think?) then the full refund, and I was expecting to see the partial by now. I'm trying to decide if I call or not. I have the email, and they were Gold passes bought directly from Disney. You'd think they'd have finished processing the partials by now, no?? The CM even confirmed that I was getting the partial when I called to do the full cancellation.

Are you still waiting? I have 3 DVC Gold passes where I requested the partial refund for closure period (in early May, I think?) then the full refund, and I was expecting to see the partial by now. I'm trying to decide if I call or not. I have the email, and they were Gold passes bought directly from Disney. You'd think they'd have finished processing the partials by now, no?? The CM even confirmed that I was getting the partial when I called to do the full cancellation.

I'm still waiting on the refunded March monthly payment and am debating on whether or not to call again....

This is such a pain.

I'm still waiting on the refunded March monthly payment and am debating on whether or not to call again....

This is such a pain.

Thanks! It's good to know others are still waiting too. They've been open long enough, you'd think this processing would be done by now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter