Anything could happen but I am going to Disney! An August 2023 PTR (new TR link 09/22)

You will love the Savor the Savannah tour!
Hard call I would probably hop over to Epcot unless it is Saturday evening, usually really crowded!
The cabana relaxing and mobile order from Geyser Point is perfection!
I am so excited for it! It will be a Thursday so I am hoping the crowd levels aren't too bad.. I think the Boulder Ridge Cove pool has to be my favourite pool on property.:)
The cabanas are really nice and it is great to have them be available for no charge! We've been lucky to find them available in the afternoons. :)
They are just lovely and such a great place to hang out!
I did not know that!
They are along the back side of the pool closest to the Boulder Ridge villas building.
Whoops! Little typo there. You wrote that the cabanas are free. Obviously a typo. Has to be.
Haha, I almost think I shouldn't share that they are free in case that changes!

I am loving all your plans. I’d be torn between hopping into Epcot or just relaxing in your last night at WL but you can’t really make a bad choice it’s all good :goodvibes

Last edited:

Afrer a busy 4 parks day the day before, the plan is for some serious pool time and relaxation

That's a really good plan.

The best part is these are free! Yes, I know this is unheard of in Disney but nontheless is true. :)
I will probably mobile order lunch from Geyser Point to enjoy pool side. No better way to spend a few hours!

You have to take advantage of anything that is FREE in Disney. Sounds like the perfect relaxing afternoon.

In the afternoon I am planning to head to Animal Kingdom as I am hoping to book the Savour the Savannah tour!

Good Luck!

104 days to go!

It's getting closer.

You have to take advantage of anything that is FREE in Disney. Sounds like the perfect relaxing afternoon.
Exactly! It's pretty rare when you find something free so taking advantage of it important. :)

Goodbye to Boulder Ridge and hello to Old Key West!

It's time to move resorts today...the only way I could finagle 9 nights was to stretch my points so I will pack up my things this morning and have Bell Services transfer them to OKW. I have to say I really loved OKW when we stayed there in March 2021 and am hoping for the same general area I had last time on Turtle Pond Road.

1683973272065.jpeg

I love the boat dock area with the ferry to Disney Springs and it will play a big part in my evening plans. But first back to my new room....I am going to request building 34 on an upper floor as I am traveling on my own. I would prefer to be close to the bus stop as well. I love how spacious the OKW studios are, the only thing I wish is that they would put in bigger TVs.

1683973540701.jpeg

Back to park plans for today....I have Epcot booked currently and I can see that it will be a later start to the day. Of course I will go for GoTG (btw, did you see the new movie yet?), hit La Cava and browse around World Showcase.

The biggest part of the day is something brand new....I am going to see the new Cirque de Soleil show; Drawn to Life. I have heard great things about this show and am excited to see it! I will go for the later performance as I want to grab dinner in Disney Springs first. Currently I am debating between the Shine Bar at Homecomin' or Jock Lindsays on the patio.

image.jpg

That's a wrap on day 6 plans, I'm officially in double digits now with 98 days to go!

To all the Mom's here, I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day on Sunday. I am off to PEI today to spend Mother's Day weekend with my own sweet mama. See you soon!

I have to say I really loved OKW when we stayed there in March 2021 and am hoping for the same general area I had last time on Turtle Pond Road.
We were in a two bedroom villa on Turtle Pond Road with extended family and just loved it. Our building was across the road from the bus stop and it seemed like the buses came frequently. We keep talking about making a return trip to OKW but never seem to pull the trigger. ;)
I love the boat dock area with the ferry to Disney Springs and it will play a big part in my evening plans.
The boats to Disney Springs are great and so much more fun than a bus. We have taken a bus for the return to the resort, though, if we end the evening in the west end. They really need to reopen the other Disney Springs boat docks and the boat that used to travel between the docks.

I have to say I really loved OKW when we stayed there
It's a nice resort and I really liked Olivia's
the only thing I wish is that they would put in bigger TVs.
This has never been an issue for me. I don't think I've ever turned on a TV on property.
Of course I will go for GoTG (btw, did you see the new movie yet?
Not yet. I only just yesterday realized it was out.
The biggest part of the day is something brand new....I am going to see the new Cirque de Soleil show; Drawn to Life.
Can't wait to hear what you think of it.
I am off to PEI today to spend Mother's Day weekend with my own sweet mama.
Wonderful! Have a nice time. :)

We were in a two bedroom villa on Turtle Pond Road with extended family and just loved it. Our building was across the road from the bus stop and it seemed like the buses came frequently. We keep talking about making a return trip to OKW but never seem to pull the trigger. ;)
OKW is awesome and the Turtle Pond Road area checks all the boxes!
The boats to Disney Springs are great and so much more fun than a bus. We have taken a bus for the return to the resort, though, if we end the evening in the west end. They really need to reopen the other Disney Springs boat docks and the boat that used to travel between the docks.
Love boat transportation everywhere on property. :)
It's a nice resort and I really liked Olivia's
It's so peaceful and relaxing!
Not yet. I only just yesterday realized it was out.
We loved it but it is long. Rocket's backstory was really important but sad.

Day 7 and a first full day at OKW!

I love waking up on the first day at a new resort with the day ahead of you. When we stayed at OKW in March '22, we walked the resort path every morning before grabbing coffee and a little breakfast. This was such a nice and peaceful start to the day. So I can see that in my plans for today.
1684678970076.jpeg

trail1jpg-494a2e0502a97f68.jpg

You can walk all the way to Disney Springs if you wish or over to Saratoga Springs. Either way it's a lovely walk along the Sassalouga. The loop through the resort is awesome as well.
Old-Key-West-Running-Trail.jpg

I am thinking of heading to Typhoon Lagoon this morning to play in the wave pool, try out Keelhaul Falls and relax in the lazy river. I will probably grab a Lyft over there and try to be there right at park opening.
images

I imagine that a few hours should suffice. For lunch I am going to pop over to Disney Springs with an eye to either Jock Lindays or the Shine Bar depending where I was able to get into the night before.

I'll head back to OKW to relax for a bit before hitting the park tonight. I really like the vibe of Hollywood Studios at night so will go there for a few hours. The goal will be to hit Baseline Taphouse, walk around Galaxy's Edge, ride Slinky Dog in the dark and maybe see Fantasmic. I am not the biggest fan of Fantasmic but seeing the new scenes added might be fun.

Another fun and relaxed day in the books!

On a side note, I have been collecting grocery rewards points with Sobeys Scene rewards and PC Optimum. Since January I have earned 362,000 points with Optimum and 20,000 points with Scene. After redeeming points, I added that to the Disney gift card balance left over from paying my DVC dues and now have $560 on my Disney gift card for food on this trip. With three months left to earn I hope to be able to redeem another $250-300. I am looking at roughly a budget of $100 CDN perday for food on this trip. Some days I know will be less and some days a little more.

90 days to go!

Last edited:
I love starting off the day with a peaceful stroll. I’ve never been to OKW but I can think of nothing better than walking those trails first thing. Somehow an early morning stroll always offsets the craziness of the theme parks for me. I like how you’ve planned this day to start chilled and then head to DHS for nighttime fun. Love Baseline Taphouse.
Way to go on the loyalty points savings. Great to have some Disney dollars set aside for tasty foods 😋

Last edited:
I love waking up on the first day at a new resort with the day ahead of you.
:cloud9:
You can walk all the way to Disney Springs
You can? :laughing: I was there and didn't know this!
and relax in the lazy river.
I found the lazy river anything but relaxing. So many people fighting over the few floats that were available. Once we were in, it was okay, but there was always someone bumping into you or pushing past. Then again, we did this later in the day since we concentrated on the slides first.
I will probably grab a Lyft over there and try to be there right at park opening.
We did that and it worked out well. :)
the Shine Bar
Is this new? First I've heard of it.
On a side note, I have been collecting grocery rewards points with Sobeys Scene rewards and PC Optimum. Since January I have earned 362,000 points with Optimum and 20,000 points with Scene. After redeeming points, I added that to the Disney gift card balance left over from paying my DVC dues and now have $560 on my Disney gift card for food on this trip.
Look at you go!
I don't do Optimum, but do collect Scene. How do you redeem them for Disney GC?

I love starting off the day with a peaceful stroll. I’ve never been to OKW but I can think of nothing better than walking those trails first thing. Somehow an early morning stroll always offsets the craziness of the theme parks for me. I like how you’ve planned this day to start chilled and then head to DHS for nighttime fun. Love Baseline Taphouse.
Way to go on the loyalty points savings. Great to have some Disney dollars set aside for tasty foods 😋
Thanks Moira! I do love a nice mix of exploring and relaxing. I am hoping to reach my $1000 goal by the end of July. Only $440 left to go and I hope to do it all using point redemption. :)
You can? :laughing: I was there and didn't know this!
The start of the path to Saratoga is back in the Southpoint Road section near buildings 54 and 55. When you get past the Treehouses you go off to the right to continue to Disney Springs. I think it comes out over by the Cirque de Soleil building.
I found the lazy river anything but relaxing. So many people fighting over the few floats that were available. Once we were in, it was okay, but there was always someone bumping into you or pushing past. Then again, we did this later in the day since we concentrated on the slides first.
Ugh! That is not fun! I try to go first thing in the morning so it's not as busy.
Is this new? First I've heard of it.
It's the bar at Homecomin' ..... Shine as in Moonshine. :)
I don't do Optimum, but do collect Scene. How do you redeem them for Disney GC?
I don't redeem them for GCs directly. I take the money I had budgeted for groceries and buy the GC after I redeemed the points for what I have spent.

The start of the path to Saratoga is back in the Southpoint Road section near buildings 54 and 55. When you get past the Treehouses you go off to the right to continue to Disney Springs. I think it comes out over by the Cirque de Soleil building.
That would explain it. I never went back there.
Ugh! That is not fun! I try to go first thing in the morning so it's not as busy.
I'd do the same thing if/when I ever go back, now that I've done the slides.
It's the bar at Homecomin' ..... Shine as in Moonshine. :)
I saw that. But had no idea until you mentioned it!
I don't redeem them for GCs directly. I take the money I had budgeted for groceries and buy the GC after I redeemed the points for what I have spent.
Ohhhhh. Okay! :)

I got a little behind, but caught back up.

Great planning for your next 2 days. I've never done Cirque de Soleil but look forward to your thoughts. Danielle did see a performance when she was in middle school on a trip.

I like to put aside my food money a little at a time too and then purchase a gift card. I get mind from Sam's which are discounted.

This sounds like a really good deal. :)
It's a great way to save. Knowing that I have the gift cards ready to go for food purchases makes a big difference. Plus Disney uses the current exchange rate each day when converting Canadian to US funds on the card and I don't get dinged with Forex charges on my credit card.
I got a little behind, but caught back up.

Great planning for your next 2 days. I've never done Cirque de Soleil but look forward to your thoughts. Danielle did see a performance when she was in middle school on a trip.

I like to put aside my food money a little at a time too and then purchase a gift card. I get mind from Sam's which are discounted.
Thanks Vanessa! Having everything all budgeted out makes a trip less stressful. I wish we had Sam's Club here. We only have Costco and they don't do the Disney gift cards.

I am excited for Cirque! The reviews look good and it's fun to try something new. :)

A gospel brunch and a trip to university??

Have you ever been to the House of Blues for their gospel brunch? Neither have I but I have wanted to go for years! It is not currently offered but when I checked their website it said "coming soon" and had a spot to leave your email for the waiting list. So I am cautiously optimistic it will be back in August!

If it is not back yet, Wine Bar George is my back up plan. I do love brunch there and have happy memories from dining there with Bill on our March '22 trip. I can't think of a better way to spend a lazy Sunday than enjoying a delicious brunch. I can see ordering the exact meal I had last time with the awesome Aperol Spritz and the Burrata. Here's a couple of pics from the archives for reference.

IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_0154.jpeg

After brunch and a little shopping, I will hop on the bus to Coronado Springs! You may wonder why I am going to Coronado and it is for the aforementioned university....Sangria University, that is!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/coronado-springs-resort/sangria-university/

It's $59 pre paid which I don't think is too bad for the drinks, food and an informative experience. Fingers crossed that I am able to reserve a spot. :)

I will grab a Lyft or Uber back to OKW for some pool time and relaxation.

The evenings plans will be at Magic Kingdom, after all I have to see HEA as many times as possible.

That's a wrap on day 8 plans.....83 days to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter